my version of the nos diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

guille

my version of the nos diet

Post by guille » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:50 am

hi

been doing this for a while, and failed got up again and gained experience etc.

so, to explain my decisions, i should explain a few things about my self

-i dont do salads, i just dont, i realise i hate, and i mean hate! veggetables, i dont do them, i tryed, realy realy did...it wont happen, and i refuse to waste the space of 3 plates per day on something i dont like

-sometimes i have a hard time to follow the nos diet when im outside,
tryed preparing food that i could eat outside, like cold food, being the avarage amout you can put in on plate, but it was too complicated

this is an older post where the subject of salads is mentioned
http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... highlight=
in there i get great advice and why it may be a good idea adding slightly less caloric food on the meals(veggetables and fruits, by the way i love fruit) for health and weight loss porpuses

so after thinking about it, i desided that from my 3 plates, 2 would be calorie denser foods, meats, potatos, carbs, etc. meaning no salads made of vegetables or fruits, and one plate the one in the middle(commonly when im at work or outside on weekdays) will be of only fruits, that way i solve two problems at ones, i eat 1/3 of less dense and very healthy foods, and solve the how to eat when not at home issue, anyway im just starting this, will let you know how it works for me

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Don't forget fruits like tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, zucchini and other squashes, avocado and so on. Anything with a seed is a fruit.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

guille

Post by guille » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:23 pm

yeah, i kind of prefer slightly sweeter fruits, and i dont mean mango or banana(which i also love) but just slightly sweeter

avocado i will comonly have it in the form of guacamole so it goes into the other two heavier plates, tomatos i like to cook them on bread and cheese so they also go to the heavier plates, most of the not so sweet fuits like the ones you mentioned, i tend to cook them on a heavier dish, comonly with some form of brad or pasta and cheese

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:09 pm

I find it hard to believe that you don't like any vegetables since they come in such a wide variety of tastes and textures and can be prepared so many ways.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

guille

Post by guille » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:14 pm

what i dont like is eating them by them selfs, like on salads, most of the vegetables i use i will cook them with meat or cheese or pasta or bread, but by them selfs i just cant think of any i like, thats why i dont like salads.

but i dont mind them as a small part of a cooked dish like lasagnia or something that contains more flavor, because of the other ingridients

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:44 am

I don't think you have to eat salads. I eat salads sometimes, but I'm not always a huge fan of salads, either. I think your eating plan sounds okay.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't if people just don't list them, but when I've looked at the default thread or even at individual daily threads, it seems to me a lot of people don't eat many vegetables or even salad. (I don't call a cup or two of lettuce and a few cukes and tomatoes a lot of vegetables.) There are exceptions, of course, but the non-exceptions seem to get away with it. In fact, I've said before that people here often sound like they eat less than they would get on a diet!

However, I will be curious to see how you do. Given my experience, I would be surprised if you could actually cover the whole plate with denser foods consistently and still lose weight. Even when I don't have veggies, my plates are covered only 1/2 to 2/3 with dense foods, or I eat only that amount even when the servings are bigger. More than that and I am too full.

BTW, I have a lot of meals in which I mix all my meat, grain, and cooked veggies together with a sauce. I'll even mix salad fixings in.

However, a moderate breakfast, fruit for lunch and a dense dinner would probably work. I think you'll find over a period of months (and years- I'm in my third) that you're happy with smaller portions a lot more of the time.

Though veggies are good for you, they are not necessary for weight loss. A lot of skinny people don't eat a lot of veggies. IF you can learn to be satisfied with small enough portions of dense foods, you'll do fine. In essence, that is the key.

Also, don't be surprised if your tastes change as you eat less and possibly start eating less processed foods, if you eat them now. The less our taste buds are distorted by concentrated sweet and salt, the more the flavors of natural foods please.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Hoeka2

Post by Hoeka2 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Have you tried incorporating veges in your food, such as a meat stew with veges? Start by including just a small amount, and if that works for you, adding more veges - and a greater variety of them. Homemade veg soup is another option you could consider.

My lunches are generally a wrap crammed with salad stuff & veges - but I feel a resistance to eat the same foods served as a salad. Just the fact that it's not served as a salad makes all the difference for me.