Daylight Savings Time

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Sixty

Daylight Savings Time

Post by Sixty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 am

We switched to daylight savings time this past weekend, and exercising those first few mornings after the time change was absolute torture. When I woke up it was still pitch black outside, and I felt completely drained and exhausted. I really REALLY wanted to stay in bed and sleep, but nevertheless got up to do my daily 14 minutes of exercise. Now I've adjusted to the new time and it's not as difficult to get up.

I guess others have days on which it's a struggle to find the motivation to put in those schedulistically-insignificant but oh-so-important 14 minutes. How do you deal with days like that and stay on track with your training?

slothlike

Post by slothlike » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Honestly, DST threw me for a loop and I missed a bunch of workouts. I really wish we'd just get rid of it.