Debster's Day 2

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

debster

Debster's Day 2

Post by debster » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:40 pm

I did it! My first "success" day and it was a Friday! It was easier than I thought and having hot herbal tea at 4:00 instead of sugar snack really helped. Everything I read (so far) in the book makes so much sense! I'm going to Costco today and can't wait to see how much money I save by not buying snacks!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 pm

You will be amazed. I currently am boycotting diet soda (AGAIN) as I know there is not one single thing in it that is good for my body. So happy I am not dragging it home.

Good luck on your journey to better health, I will follow you progress. :wink:
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Not only not buying snacks but not having to worry that you have food with you or available at all times is a relief, I think you'll see. I just cringe now when I read of diet advice that recommends that people carry precise snacks. Good golly, nothing like reinforcing the attachment.

And a tea break is a nice ritual. A smart attachment. :lol:
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)