milczar's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:52 pm

March 1

Thanks oolala - sometimes I feel I am running in place

My goal for today is to walk - I have not been walking
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:45 pm

milczar wrote:I am down about 50 pounds.
Seriously good work! Slow and steady, you kept your focus with life happening all around you. That is such an incredible accomplishment. :D

Congratulations! :wink:
If you are not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room!!

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks no bs. 5 years ago I went through a divorce. I was at my heaviest at that point. It has taken me so long and slow to take the weight off, that I don't always feel I see the progress. And I still have a ways to go. But I have to remind myself that I have accomplished something and that it can be done. And standing in place is always better than gaining.

216.7 this morning. I am in a holding pattern. But I ate a lot of junk yesterday

B = cobb salad, ranch, saltine crackers, juice, 1/2 oz. dark chocolate 70 percent

L = fried chicken breast, roll, fries, ketchup, some orange soda

D = two tacos with salsa, horrible salty snacks: chex mix, pistachio nuts, corn nuts

no walk
drinks

going to try better today
not good
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

March 5, 2013

Was not a great eating day. Started out good, then turned into stress eating. We had the state writing test, and the stress of that made me turn to chocolate. And just the general fact that I loathe my job and see no way out at this point, does not lend well to good eating.

B = clam chowder, bread, oj, coffee

L =bread (probably too much), 2 pieces individual wrapped brie cheeses, hummus, 1 large chocolate bar, one mini m & m's pack, sigh

D = wine, more wine, snacked on pistachios salted, chex mix, slice of cheese, can of cambells double noodle soup, 1/2 package mac and cheese, more chex mix, probably something else I'm not remembering sigh, can you say salt, fat, processed, carbs,

no walk
alcohol

yeah, it was that kind of day

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 am

that was my tuesday... and weds a lesser degree. i understand and sympathize
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 am

milczar:

There is very little in this world that wine, cheese & chocolate cannot make better! :wink:

Have a great weekend & be kind to yourself. Next week is a fresh start.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 pm

B = kaiser roll, 2 brie cheeses individual wrap, cup of clam chowder, oj

L = part of a chili cheese omelet, some hash browns, some toast, ketchup, coffee, some soda

D = steak, roast veges, potatoes

wine and candy =(

no walk
alcohol

need to stop stress eating, snacking and the candy

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm

still between 215 and 216.

goal is to walk today

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Little disappointed because I felt I ate well yesterday, other than dinner time snacking. Packed my lunch today again, so at least I am avoiding eating out

today's plan:

B = fruit, half oz. 70% dark chocolate, homemade pasta with marinara

L = fruit, homemade lentil soup

D = tba

patience is so key to this process. sometimes I get impatient.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:19 pm

no surprise there. went wild with food and drink yesterday. Today has to be better. I know I went overboard because I still feel full from yesterday and it is breakfast time.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 am

Oh, I do know that feeling...ugh! :wink:

Hang in there - just keep moving forward until the habits click into place. You can do it!

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 am

The scale is moving the wrong way. Although they are excuses, nevertheless here they are: St. pattys day weekend, too much junk, dog is sick and not looking great (stress/emotional eating), life is kind of blah right now, rude guy at the bar made a rude comment about fat women (more emotional eating). etc. etc. etc. And yet that is no excuse, because life will never be perfect enough for ideal weight loss and no emotional eating.

sigh

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

don't know how with all the st patty day eating. but I will take it

B = ham, cheese, mayo, mustard sandwich on large kaiser roll, lemonade,
coffee black

L = some clam chowder, large salad with veges, cottage cheese, olives, beans, peppers, etc, and balsamic dressing, 1/2 oz dark chocolate bar

No BS

Post by No BS » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:11 am

Two pounds, eh! Good job!! :D

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:24 pm

I keep hovering around the same weight. I have to remind myself that it is better than gaining. And I really need to start walking again

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm

217.4. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:37 pm

B = large kaiser roll with cheese, pickle

L= some chicken noodle soup, and leftover chicken marsala with noodles, mushroom gravy and green beans, dark chocolate half ounce,

D = sandwich with a ground beef cutlet and arugula, oj

I think that is it

no walk
alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:17 pm

But I am not getting too excited, I have had two days of food poisoning. So it is mostly water weight

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:02 pm

B = none

L = 1/2 pita shawarma with beef, hummus, garlic spread, lettuce, tomatoes, some fries with ketchup, onion ring with ranch, ice tea

D = soup, appetizer, steak, potato, bread, pie with homemade whipped cream, and some spoons of whipped cream into my mouth while making it

alc.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Went a little wild on three day vacation and ate a lot. Back home and back to normal

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Vacation almost over, time to get back to it

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:25 pm

healthiest food in the world: kale, spinach, beans, 70% dark chocolate, grass fed beef, omega 3 eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, lean organic meat and poultry, wild salmon,

have to try eating more whole food

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:57 pm

B = 12oz. fresh squeezed oj, panini with sourdough bread, butter, tomato, basil, cheese

L = tba

D = tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 pm

childoftheking

Post by childoftheking » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:22 pm

milczar, I have been reading over some of your posts. I am impressed with your weight loss! 50 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! Congratulations. I'm curious, I know I would not be able to take the highs and lows of weighting every day. How have you been able to overcome that?

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm

I have been weighing myself everyday, lately. But over the past several years there were many times where I wouldn't weigh myself for weeks, even months. I guess it just depends. If weighing yourself everyday makes you crazy, then don't do it.

I paid the price today. 219. Ugh. I have been stress eating and Easter eating didn't help.
But I know this is a life long struggle, I mean journey, and if I am going to be honest with myself, I went up because I have been snacking, eating sweets, seconds, and snacking on junk. I have to get back on the path.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:40 pm

I am proud of the weight loss, but I am still far from goal. And sometimes this snails pace, two steps forward one step back, drives me nuts. But...I know being on weight watchers drove be 10x as insane, so what can you do. Crack away at it a little everyday is all I can do.

Jonas Jonasson

Post by Jonas Jonasson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Crack away at it a little everyday is all I can do.
That's probably the secret.
We all know that it's incredibly simple but a the same time unbelievably hard (sometimes). You've been very successful so far and you will be even more so!
Disclaimer (still applicable):
If a person is fairly new to English their English words and expressions are influenced by their mother tongue, so things that might sound impolite to you are not always meant in that way.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm

What part of Germany are you from? I have family in Poland. I use to live there.

yesterday was not horrible eating wise, well at least breakfast and lunch:

B = toasted whole grain bagel with cream cheese and large oj

L = brc burrito

D = fettucine, silver dollar pancakes with butter and syrup, a few slices cheese, I think that is it, no wait, cookies =(

alc.
no walk

No BS

Post by No BS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:09 pm

milczar wrote:healthiest food in the world: kale, spinach, beans, 70% dark chocolate, grass fed beef, omega 3 eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, lean organic meat and poultry, wild salmon,
Beautiful healthy whole foods, beautiful healthy whole life. :D

You wrote a 50 pound book of success & carry that wisdom with you on any path you choose to walk. :D

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:15 pm

its like my body doesn't want to get below 200

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 am

No BS. You are from the Canadian high arctic, I'm assuming you are where it is rather cold =) Good weather for soup.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:07 am

It's not about speed, because speed will backfire on you. It isn't about slip ups or perfection. It's about slow, sustainable, and sanity. It's about doable. And cracking away at it a little each day. I went out clothes shopping today. Not because I am at goal weight, because I am far from it. But because over the past 7 years I have chipped away at 50 pounds. Clothes shopping isn't as painful as it use to be. And I need to celebrate that instead of waiting for the next 50 to come off before I feel attractive enough to clothes shop.

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 am

SpiritSong

Post by SpiritSong » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Congrats on the 50 pounds gone!

Sometimes I get jealous of the people who lose 50 pounds in six months or less, but that is just not my journey. They may be able to commit to salads for lunch, and broiled chicken and broccoli for dinner, but that's just not me. If I knew that seven years from now I would be down 50 pounds (and would have accomplished it in a way that leads to maintenance), I would be a very happy woman.

KL

Post by KL » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:16 pm

milczar wrote: And I need to celebrate that instead of waiting for the next 50 to come off before I feel attractive enough to clothes shop.
Good for you for living in the present moment. It's so tempting to be in the mindset of "when I get thin, then this or that will happen..." Been there, done that :!:
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12

No BS

Post by No BS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:02 am

milczar wrote:No BS. You are from the Canadian high arctic, I'm assuming you are where it is rather cold =) Good weather for soup.
:lol: In the high Arctic it is ALWAYS great weather for soup or stew!!

No BS

Post by No BS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:09 am

milczar wrote:Clothes shopping isn't as painful as it use to be. And I need to celebrate that instead of waiting for the next 50 to come off before I feel attractive enough to clothes shop.
It is absolutely amazing the fabulous boost one gets from enjoying a well chosen outfit - in whatever size - on the way down.

And yet that same size can be so distressing when purchased on the way up.

Stunning how progressing towards a goal, and having control, changes the entire psychology of a clothes purchase.

Happy shopping! You sure have earned it :D !

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:08 pm

215.4 I am happy with that considering how crazy stressed work has been. Which usually leads me to stress eating. Considering the junk I have been consuming lately, I'm just happy to be maintaining. Two more weeks of intense work stress, then I will see some light at the end of the tunnel.

B = cup of noodle instant soup, multi grain bagel toasted with cream cheese, large green ice tea unsweetened from starbucks

S = small bag of chips =(

L = clams chowder canned soup, i think another bag of chips

D = snacked/grazed, chips, guacamole, salsa, juice, and some other stuff

today I will try better

no walk=(
alcohol=(

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 am

Today was not a good day food wise. overate. sigh. and just realized that someone, or maybe me by accident erased some of my entries on the daily check in here. Don't know how I did that. I use to have 7 pages I believe and now I have 4, strange.

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:26 pm

lots of stress eating.

B = part of a chicken sandwich, fried zuccini with ranch, coffee, ate about half the meal, carl's jr.

Snacked = crackers, some chips 2 ice cream cups, orange soda, some candy taffy and a few starburst

L = large kaiser roll, 2 individual brie cheeses

D= 2-3 slices pizza, a few bites of pasta, roasted vegetables, some flank steak with bbq sauce and a few slices bbq chicken breast

alc
no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:22 pm

215.8. which is surprising considering the way I ate yesterday:

B = 16oz. fresh squeezed oj, 2 small bags of chips, one fritos and one cheetos

L = one rocky road candy bar, some purple taffy, 3/4 of a cheeseburger, some fries with kechup, ice tea unsweetened

S = two slices pizza

D = fried chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, salad with ranch, dinner roll (didn't finish the whole thing)

I think that is it

alcohol
no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Yesterday 218.8 today 217.6. I have been stress eating and not walking. Today I go back to three meals a day. Work stress has been driving stress eating. Yesterday:

B = frozen meal noodles, some soup, ice cream cup, kaiser roll with cheese, oj

L = cafeteria lunch turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, salad with ranch, milk

S = candy bar, burger fries, ketchup strawberry shake, didn't finish it all

S = cheese and crackers

probably snacked some more. ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 01, 2013 2:57 pm

B = none

L = cheeseburger, fries, ketchup, iced tea, didn't finish all

D = picked: slice of cheese, wine, few spoons soup, small piece of cake with blueberry sauce and whipped cream, small bite of candy bar, bread and butter, i think thats it

no walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu May 02, 2013 2:35 pm

B = lasagna, slice of bread with butter, oj

L = 2 cups homemade bean and vege soup, slice of bread with butter

S = twizzlers, chips, corn nuts, didn't finish all, stress eating

D = cake, blueberry sauce, whipped cream, I don't think anything else

no walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 pm

216.6 I have been snacking too much:

B = breakfast skillet with potatoes, peppers, tomato, cheese, mushroom, onion, 2 eggs over medium, one english muffin with butter, didn't finish all the food, coffee black, water

S = 1/2 a large muffin, light blueberry yogurt

L = few bite hot dog, 1/2 a cheese quesadilla, coke

D = 2 ice cream sandwiches, chips and dip, pasta with alfredo sauce and few bites veal chop and some seafood, salad with italian, bread with olive oil and vinegar

wow that was a lot of food

no walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue May 14, 2013 1:34 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri May 17, 2013 12:42 am

ugh 217

I know I have been stress eating, I am just so tired of bouncing around in the 200 teens range. I want to go down! I know I can do it. I just need to focus, stop snacking and stress eating, and start walking the dog again. Not piddly walk to the park, but with summer vacation I need to start doing the 4 mile loop again. Work and home have been stressful, today I totally stress ate:

B = most of a big slice of cinnamon coffee cake from starbucks, iced 2% milk, chex mix, corn nuts, hot chocolate with whipped cream, red licorice

S = more chex mix, corn nuts, licorice

L = cheese quesadilla with avocado and salsa, didn't finish all

S = more chex mix, corn nuts, and licorice, finally gave to my students so I wouldn't keep eating them, popcorn

D = wine, and probably more food, a shot day, tomorrow must be better

ugh

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat May 18, 2013 4:20 pm

215.8. I'm stuck. And i know why

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Did a lot of cooking today.

B = none

L = 2 cheese sandwiches

S = pistachios and mms

D = 3 homemade crepes

alc
no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed May 29, 2013 2:14 pm

I am blaming dehydration, but I hope this trend continues. Have been walking the dog, maybe that is helping. Off of work now, so less stress.

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:32 am

211.4 Been throwing up last few days, haven't kept food down. today kept everything down

B = 2 slices left over pizza

S = small amount of cotton candy, slice of cheese, one cracker, lemonade

L = frozen meal: frozen mushroom ravioli and mushroom sauce

D = homemade buttered popcorn

no walk
alc.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:18 pm

209.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Walked 4 miles, then went to the Santa Monica Pier and walked around a lot
Had only two drinks in the evening
Lots of water, no soda etc.

B = 3/4 of a chicken sandwich: bun, chicken, avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayo, onion

L = 3/4 of a Costco hot dog

S = cube of rice krispy treat

D = el pollo loco: chicken breast, some wing, some coleslaw, some potato and gravy, tortilla flour, salsa red and green

I think that is it

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

No that wasn't it: had a 2oz. bag of bbq pot chips too

let's see if I can continue this trend

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:32 pm

210.6 as soon as i eat too much and snack it shows

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:02 pm

208.8 this morning. yesterday no walk. alc

B = eggs with cheese, potatoes, fruit, ketchup, 3 glasses watered down oj, coffee

L = chips and salsa, drinks, pumpkin and sesame seeds, pistachios, a little chocolate

D = out at restaurant, but upset stomach when got home, so lost some of dinner

this morning, fell during morning walk, but got up and kept going, scraped up

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:57 pm

209.2 walked this morning but ate too much yesterday. Yesterday, while walking, I tripped and fell. A little banged up today, but still walked.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Sorry to hear you bashed yourself, but well done on getting the walk done.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:38 pm

no walk today, slept in.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

207.2 it is so close I can almost touch it

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:20 pm

I ate too much on Father's Day Sunday:

B = orange juice, guacamole, salsa, chips, slice of birthday cake

L = pierogi fried, too many, bread and olive oil

D = cheese, salami, pickles, nuts, more orange juice, I don't remember what else

alc
short walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:50 am

209.2 I ate too much yesterday

B = brc burrito

L = restaurant

D = 3 tacos, oj, nuts and seeds

S= ice cream sundae and some other things im sure

walk 4 miles
alc

onward and upward

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:19 pm

Oh and let's not forget the pastries I got into yesterday

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

B = orange juice, a biscuit

L = two tacos, wine, chips and salsa

D = not proud: 4 biscuits, cheese, pickles, ice cream and whip cream

I am no longer allowed to bake biscuits and leave them laying around the house

walk 4 miles
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 pm

209. something

yesterday was my birthday, so it was an S day

still maintaining and have only done one small walk in the last 3 days. its so hot that I have to get up really early to walk, and Im on vacation so I have been sleeping in. i really want to do this, push forward and not maintain. Was discouraged yesterday, had a picture taken of me and still look fat. even though i've lost 50 pounds, i still have a ways to go, so..............have to push forward and remind myself that this is a very neverending journey that takes the patience of a saint

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:55 pm

209.2 I have been slaking off on eating and walking.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 pm

209.6 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. this is maddening!

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:06 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:25 pm

206.6! I am so close to being under 200 pounds. To many this is not a big deal. But to me, it is a huge milestone. I know I am far from goal still, but I am moving towards it. And in this weight loss game, that is important. My eating was not good yesterday, but portions were small

B = 2 plums, soup bowl of mac and cheese

L = 4 crackers and cheese, 1/2 and ham and cheese croissant

D = slice of coconut cream pie and some potato chips, I think that was it

still have to cut way down on the junk, but im inching in the right direction

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:35 pm

205.6 - 206.4 -then back to 205.6

my eating hasn't been grand, and no walking because of extreme heat, but i'm still going

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

B = none, was a nervous wreck over personal matters

L = 3 pieces fried mozzerella with marinara sauce, salad with balsamic vinigrette, some rosemary bread dipped in olive oil, drinks, one hard candy

D = Lost it, shared a bag of chex mix, had an ice cream drumbstick, 1/2 a candy bar, I think that is it. not good, but moving forward

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Sigh

this is maddening!

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 pm

I LOVE summer fruit! Nectarines, cherries, plums, peaches, can't get enough of them.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:20 pm

I'm hovering again.

wasn't best 4rth of july eating, but not the worst

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:45 pm

I am so frustrated right now. I know i haven't been walking. It is so hot lately, that if you don't walk at 6 am forget it. Eating hasn't been great. I am just mad at myself and so sick and tired of struggling with weight. Plus I have to go to the doctor this week, and I hate hate going to the the doctor. I get complete anxiety and my blood pressure sky rockets. This vacation is sucking right now.

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 pm

I had a smoothie for breakfast that left me incredibly full

1 cup frozen wild blueberries
1 banana
handful of raw spinach
handful of raw broccoli
water and or pomegranate juice
blend

for lunch I am making homemade lentil soup:

saute 1 large chopped onion in olive oil along with chopped celery and carrots. add cumin, dried ginger powder, salt and pepper, bay leaf, red pepper flakes or you could do oregano and thyme. add small red lentils and water. add fresh puree of tomatoes. two heads fresh garlic minced. simmer for 35 minutes or until lentils are soft. at the end add a bag of organic baby spinach and fresh chopped parsley, simmer very shortly. you can serve with noodles and parmesan cheese. or bread and butter or a sandwich. you can use chicken stock, it will taste heartier, but in the summer I make it with water.

and a tasty tuna salad:

3 cans tuna packed in water drained
chopped onion
chopped celery
2 hard boiled eggs chopped
mustard
mayo
salt and pepper
2 chopped pickles and a splash of pickle juice
you can add a chopped apple
fresh chopped parsley opt.
really good quality whole grain bread, Trader Joe's has a great one with literally these ingredients: flour, yeast, salt. period.

tomato and cucumber salad

sliced tomatoes lying flat on a plate
topped with sliced persian cucumbers
minced scallions or red onion on top
you can add slices of avocado, but don't have to
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar

so good with grilled steak, chicken, fish, etc. or on bread and butter as a sandwich

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm

209 this morning.

surprising. I started the day off right. good breakfast. lunch was fine. then snacked in the evening.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 pm

209.6. yesterday was a really bad eating day. but I am not giving up. today is a new day, thank goodness to second and millionth chances

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:30 pm

212. yesterday was really rough. 4 hour anxiety attack at the doctors. Lectures. Followed by a day of horrible eating, snacking, and candy. feeling down.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:11 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:04 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:43 pm

210.4 and I am surprised because I ate like a pig yesterday.

B = several bites pastries, sub sandwich 6 inch, fresh squeezed oj

L = yogurt, candy =(, flank steak salad with avocado, lettuce, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, dressing, 2 cheese enchiladas, didn't eat it all, a few chips and salsa, beer

D = 21/2 slices of pizza, 2 cups of soup (potato cheese and vegetable), few bites cornbread with butter, I think that's

threw up

short walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:08 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:22 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:53 pm

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:37 pm

B = none

L = 1 peach, bowl of homemade lentil vegetable soup, large kaiser roll with cheese

D = tba

alc.
short walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:30 pm

210. good. going in the right direction

B = peach

L = bowl of homemade lentil and vegetable soup, large kaiser roll with several slices of cheese

S = two cinnamon cookies with whipped cream, i think a cracker with cheese =(

D = two ground beef tacos with hot sauce, drinks. I think that is it

short walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 pm

SW: 268.5 was my highest
CW: 210

I have to remind myself that I have lost 58 pounds. I still have a long way to go. I'm 5'5" and should be around 150 at the highest. But I'm getting there. I can do this. I will not be derailed!

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:37 pm

209.8 How I did that i don't know. I emotional ate like crazy yesterday

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:05 pm

I know i am emotionally eating and snacking and not sticking to one plate. Mad at myself at this point. been walking 4 miles a day and I am maintaining - it is getting frustrating

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Wins for an S day Saturday:

walked 4 miles

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:09 pm

I just love your honesty....and watching your journey!!

You have come sooo far!! One foot in front of the other. I'm taking that from you!!

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:41 pm

209.6 I will take I will take it!

I had a wild S day yesterday. So I am happy I didn't gain

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Thank you for the positive words. I really need them.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:45 pm

ugh

it is really hard to be motivated to walk 4 miles when I'm not losing. been walking 4 miles a day and i'm staying in place. I know I ate too much at dinner but breakfast and lunch were good. very very frustrated right now

B = 4 mile walk, 2 slices white bread with butter and tomatoes

L = brow rice, chicken, veges

D = drinks, 2 tacos, 1/2 of a brc burrito, salsa

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

b = apple juice, 1 slice bread with cheese, one thick slice salami, peach and strawberries

l = 2 bowls homemade minestrone soup

d = tba

walk short
no alc

one step at a time. I'm very frustrated right no, hovering at 209.8, i know frustration doesn't get me anywhere, but I can't help it

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:23 pm

ok yesterday was UGLY. 212.2 started out good. felt hunger and stress after 3 pm and majorly binged

B = fine

L = fine

D = drinks, bbq chicken, steak lots of bbq sauce, salad, cheese, crackers, baked potato with everything, , chocolate bar, bread, cinnamon roll, the list goes on

this was stress eating at its finest. i know it was stress triggered and I went way overboard. but its is a set back not a ultimate fail.

one lady on WW wrote:

before WW I would go overboard at a bbq:
2 cheeseburgers, a hot dog, potato salad, mac salad, bbq beans, 2 deviled eggs, chips

now I have:
1 cheeseburger or 1 hot dog
small amount of potato and macaroni salad
bbq beans and on deviled egg

ah! that sounds like one plate. Even though she does WW, her post weight loss plate looks like NoS.

I can do this

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

I think part of my problem is I am getting into my head and not eating enough at meal times, then the stretch to dinner is brutal. Also, it is ok to feel hunger pains, you don't have to eat the second you feel hunger

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:14 pm

walked 4 miles
no alc

B = large bowl of homemade soup, chunk of french bread with butter, slice of banana cream pie

L = 2 squares caramel filled chocolate, 4 crackers with cheese, peach

D = tba