no S nail art

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Grammy G

no S nail art

Post by Grammy G » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:52 am

Just thinking about this: Red and green nail polish..do one nail a day..at the end of doing one hand..you will have a visual of how you did in a week! Now you have another hand..and ten toes to use! A month of information literally at your finger tips (and toe tips)... :wink: I think this would work for guys as well as girls. Any takers? :roll:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Grammy G

nails

Post by Grammy G » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:16 pm

I wrote posted last night in jest..but..I think I am going to give this a try but just on one hand. I am going to use a pearly natural on my nails and then change one at a time..in random pattern..to red or green..but just one hand. So for today..I will have a bright green thumbnail! The thing is..no one will mention it because it would be something that I would do for no reason at all. Yep..I'm that kinda grammy! :wink:
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 pm

You are a hoot! People will think you're just celebrating Christmas early IF you end up failing and having the mixed colors. If you don't fail, you're just a Rad Grammy!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Grammy G

revisiting premise

Post by Grammy G » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:48 pm

so...had a failure day and painted my pinkie fingernail red. All day, all I saw was that red fingernail..no matter how many green ones were present..and I beat myself up for having that one red fingernail..the tiniest fingernail of them all causing me grief! That just does NOT go along with the "mark it and move on" philosophy I so love. Therefore, I am revisiting and revising this plan. I have polished one thumbnail with a nice green and the rest of my nails are going to be kept in a neutral shade. That one green nail reminds me that I have committed to a plan and expect to be successful every day. If I am not successful, I can take a few minutes to evaluate what went wrong and then commit to being successful in the future. This is a much calmer and positive plan and..I like that one green nail! And as I predicted, no one has asked me why I have one nail done in crayon green polish. I am now going back to my lurking cave...Grammy G signing off :mrgreen:
Peace Pilgrim

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:50 pm

You are so wise to reevaluate your plan so that is encouraging!

One of the biggest lessons I've taken from No-S is that I do much better when I am gentle with myself.

Grammy G

how true

Post by Grammy G » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 pm

KCCC.. you caught me before I left the site and i'm glad. How true it is that we tend to be so gentle, kind, and understanding of everyone but ourselves! I basically know that but..how easy it is to let that elephant lead the driver down a bad path! I really do find this one green nail reminding me to be positive about more than my eating. I think I have found something important to me in something so darn silly! Who knew!! Grammy G
Peace Pilgrim

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:30 pm

How the nail polishing going? :lol: Happy New Year!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)