De-lurking and checking-in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gingerpie

De-lurking and checking-in

Post by gingerpie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi, I've been following the boards for a few months now. I've lost 20 pounds even with significantly less than exemplary compliance. A bit of background . . .I eat a very nutritious diet but I do love my wine in the evening and salty snacks anytime :D Before starting No-s I had eliminated added sugar and eat a largely (not entirely) vegetarian diet prepared from scratch at home. I was able to loose and maintain some weight by using a food log app on my phone but the burden of daily logging was getting to be a drag. So, low and behold along comes no-s which led me to the face-palming realization that I just plain eat too much! yup, someone had to actually tell me that. I wasn't able to figure it out on my own. So, after a few months of some easy, some hard days in terms of compliance I think it might help to be publicly accountable. I plan to start a check-in thread with an initial goal of a 21 day challenge. Having had great success in the past with changing my eating habits, I'm pretty confident that I can get this to work through the use of gentle persistence combined with grim determination. This is a great, supportive board. Thanks for being here.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Welcome and congrats on your weight loss!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

elegantportions

Post by elegantportions » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:09 am

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start.
It's encouraging for the rest of us to read of your success.
Thanks for de-lurking.
EP
5'5" Female Age 62
Dec 2018 Year 5 BMI = 25.8