milczar's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:05 pm

How nice to see you back! :) :) :)

Best of luck with No-S.

How is life in general?

Cheers,

KCCC

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri May 22, 2009 2:25 am

Thank you.

B= baguette with butter, peach

L=bowl vegetable soup with noodles
slice of pork
roast potatoes, carrots, garlic, onion
grape juice with water

D=2 string cheese
baguette with butter
strawberries
pineapple
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:07 pm

Well I have dropped 20 pounds recently without really trying. I am sure it is due to a drop in stress levels and stress eating. I am hesitant to even post this, because I've gained weight back so many times before. Anyway, trying to nos again and stay somewhat sane:

B= vegetable oml. potatoes (didn't finish either), one slice of toast with butter, coffee black

L=tba

D=tba

going to try to walk dog in the evening. It has been very hot and humid in CA, but it is my goal
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Milczar,

So glad to see you back - and glad to hear your stress levels have dropped!

Look forward to seeing you a bit more regularly now that your life is on a bit more of an even keel (or am I assuming too much?)

Cheers,

KCCC

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Thursday, August 6, 2009

B= 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 strips bacon, 2 slices of bread with butter, grape juice

L= Homemade lentil soup with noodles, slice of cheese, slice of chocolate cake, some handfuls of cherries, grape juice (yes I had dessert, but it was one serving not half a box of cookies in some pig out binge, and I was a guest so it would have looked odd if I said no, and yes I wanted it =) I don't consider it a cheat

D= Bean, rice, cheese and chicken burrito, chips with salsa, guacamole, grape juice, 3 sips of coke

No alcohol
No walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:30 pm

still trying to get in a routine

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:55 am

Takes time. Take it one step at a time, and don't over-extend.

Glad to see you here.

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:21 pm

August 14

B= 1/2 vegetable oml, potatoes, 1/2 piece of whole wheat toast with butter, coffee black

L= whole grain crackers and cream cheese, 2 glasses of OJ

D= tba

walked dog at dog beach

no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:50 am

B= " "

L= " "

D=in n out burgers: cheeseburger, fries, ketchup, ice tea no sugar

Aug. 14

Walking dog at dog beach

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:49 pm

B= 2 slices cheese pizza

L= 2 bowls chicken noodle soup homemade glass of juice

D= tba

August 26

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Have not been doing the best with nos. But I'm doing something right, because I am maintaining and not gaining. Which is a huge win for me. It is not nos. The plan is great, it is just psychological for me. But I really feel that I am ready to get back on track. My goal is to keep it simple and not over analyze. 3 meals a day and try to walk the dog. That is it. Deep sigh, I can do this

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 am

B= 2 slices baguette with butter and tomatoes, fresh squeezed vegetable juice

L= 3 potato pancakes, orange juice, handful of nuts

D=eggs, bread, sauce, rice, vegetable, fruit

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:18 am

B= fruit, nuts, juice

L= homemade cheeseburger, potato salad, pickle

D= fruit, juice, 2 slices cake

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:56 pm

B= bean and cheese burrito, egg taco, coffee black, hot sauce

L= peach, 2 bread sticks

D= cheeseburger, potato salad, fruit

walk
no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:05 pm

B= bean and cheese burrito, egg taco, coffee, hot sauce

L= peach, two bread sticks, orange juice

D= ribs and chicken, potato salad, corn, coleslaw, beans, corn bread, nuts, orange juice

drinks
no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Start weight: 264
now: 238.5

This is good news. But.....and its still big =) .............I have been maintaining. Good and not good. And it is probably because 1) I'm not walking as much as I should 2) I'm cheating with sweets here and there 3) I'm eating things that can't be justified as one plate full 4) too many parties and libations lately

Menu yesterday

B= some pancakes with syrup =(, part of an omlette and hash browns, oj

candy=(

L= turkey and gravy, potatoes, salad with ranch

D= two slices of pizza, oj, too much wine

no walk

so..............the culprits are evident..............I'm eliminating the cheating and hopefully heading towards 200.

Today is another day

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:27 pm

B= 1/2 vegetable omlette, 1/2 potatoes, 1 slice dry toast, coffee black

L=Oj, 2 slices of pizza

D= fruit, oj, chicken, soup, bread and butter, some snacking, not all one plate

no walk
some wine
ugh, tomorrow better

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 am

B= smoothie with fruits and vegetables

L= 2 cups of spaghetti with pesto and shrimp

D= mango, ham, asparagus, pot. salad, broccoli salad, one slice bread with cream cheese one plate pretty much

no alcohol
no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:20 pm

2/27/10

Still maintaining. Better than gaining that is for sure. Have not been true to nos. Getting on the horse again, trying to lose rather than just maintain.

Checking back at end of day.

RocketGal

I appreciate your log!

Post by RocketGal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 pm

I am new to No-S and found your log to be very helpful. What I learned from you is that it's always OK to come back and that No-S is working. I also learned that it's not going to be fast or always easy and that there will be frustrations. All of these things seem to be very normal and we just work through them. I hope that you will continue posting - I appreciate it!

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks Rocketgal! The plan is simple, but not always easy. Why? Self-control is not easy. Overeating is what I do in times of stress and celebration. And controlling how much you eat and when can be a challenge. I do know a few things. This is by far the only "reasonable" way to lose weight. I've done other plans, such as weight watchers, and found myself really crazed and hungry and deprived. Weight Watchers really worked for me. But there is no way I could sustain it for life. And you become obsessed with food and measuring, no fun. No s works. Especially if you have a substantial amount of weight to lose. Walking makes it work better. I know when I was walking 3 or 4 miles with the dog 5 days a week, I saw better results. During Christmas break I was up to 5 miles a day. But that isn't always realistic with daily work and other responsibility. But anybody can walk. I need to lose about 80 to 90 pounds and I can walk up to 5 miles a day without any kind of pain, except for maybe sore feet.

I have lost 20 some pounds. Very very slowly. Because, honestly I stray from the plan often. But even that loss has helped me wear smaller sizes, look better in clothes, and have more energy, and regular periods again (tmi!) So there is progress!

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

March 3, 2010

B= 2 cups homemade lentil soup
1/2 cup pomegranate juice diluted with water, coffee black

L=tba

D=tba

goal: no alc.
walk the dog

onward and upward

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:55 pm

March 9, 2010
Tuesday

B= Amy's frozen cheese enchilada

L= Amy's frozen tamale and rice

D= tba

No alc.
Walk dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Last night I saw some pictures of me. Even though I know I have lost weight, I still felt that I looked huge in them. It is a daily struggle not to go running back to some fad diet.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:38 am

4/26/10 Monday

B= 2 open sandwiches on homemade white bread one with tuna (homemade with real mayo and eggs) one with butter, cup of veg soup (small amount) with noodles, grape juice watered down

L= school cafe =( corn dog with ketchup and mustard, salad on the side with croutons, veges, olives, a little cheese, and ranch, pot chips (one bag, I think 11/2 oz.)

D= two corn tortillas filled with vegetarian refried beans with salsa and cheese

no alc (day 3 = saturday, sunday, monday)

no walk today (exhausted from going to sleep at 2 in the morning)

onward and upward

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:13 pm

June 18, 2010 - ate too much, no alc., no walk

B= few bites of ham, few bites of hash browns, a few bites of eggs, 2 biscuits and gravy, coffee black

L= double cheeseburger, cottage cheese, peaches, vegetables with dressing

S= 2 chocolate bunnies =(

D= shrimp and beef fajitas, rice, beans, tortillas, chips and salsa, ice tea

dessert= fried ice cream

-couple of glasses of orange juice, sorbet

-well after that piggish showing, no wonder I'm not hungry for breakfast

June 19, 2010
-walked dog 35-40 minutes
-no alc
-food = tbs bbq at mom's house. this weekend is my birthday, parents' anniversary, and father's day - so I don't expect perfection for sure. However going to try to lay off the alcohol and walk with the dog. Stick to one plate servings. No nibbling, picking, snacking on tons of appetizers etc. while cooking. Still maintaining weight for the most part. onward and upward

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:16 pm

P.S. Not that it matters. lol. but I forgot to add to my piggish June 18 list, small scoop of guacamole at Mexican restaurant at dinner. Here is hoping today is more successful =)

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm

6-27-10 No alcohol, ate too much, walk
6-28-10 No alcohol, ate too much, walk an hour and a halfish
6-29-10 No alcohol, stuck to 33.5 weight watchers points, walked 2x - not sure if I'm going to able to stick with points, feeling hungry, but giving it a try

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:50 pm

7/3/10 Saturday

B- santa fe oml, potatoes, toast with butter, coffee black, didn't finish all

L - 2 blueberry pancakes with butter and syrup, ate half, mild

d- mexican restaurant chicken enchilada, rice, beans, chips and salsa, a few bites of taco, didn't eat all

alcohol, fruit

no walk

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Good to see you here! Hope life is going well.

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 am

B= coconut and skin milk bar, some chips and dip, one slice cheese = I know weird

L=Double cheeseburger small, fries (didn't finish), coke

D= buffet restaurant = plate of salad, soup, plate of food (vegetables, potatoes and gravy, one chicken leg, one dinner roll, some stuffing) dessert: jello
ice tea with a touch of soda

walk
no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:14 am

maintaining, but not losing

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Well yesterday was a good day - until evening. When I ditched my walk and snacked instead. Not good =( New day today. July 8, 2010. Walked dog this morning. So....good start.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:27 pm

continue to maintain

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Still maintaining. Which I am not complaining about at all. I'll take that over gaining any day!

B= spinach souffle, bagel with cream cheese, coffee black

L= mexican restaurant, chicken soft taco, beef enchilada, rice and beans with salsa, ice tea

D= tba

Walk?
No alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:20 pm

still maintaining - need to start losing - need to focus

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Some reasons that I am maintaining and not losing:

-not consistent with walking
- too much snacking and sweets sneaking in
- not sticking to 3 meals a day

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:04 pm

I've done weight exercises the last two days. It is Jorge Cruises program, I use to do it before and I liked it. It's 4 sets of 12 for each exercise and you alternate days upper and lower body. Feeling a little sore, but am going to try to stick with it. Yesterday was bad food wise. Too much snacking and seconds. Need to tighten that up.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Saturday July 30

B = few bites of a cookie, coffee, grapefruit juice

L=2 slices of pizza

D= piece of cheese, 1/2 to 3/4 a shrimp salad croissant, I think that's it, full from yesterday and sore

glasses of wine, no walk or weights

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Sigh - I don't know why I am not following this plan more diligently - Too much snacking going on, more than one plate going on, I am maintaining, but I need to start losing again, it is not the plan, it is my wishy washy-ness lately. Yesterday was an s day, but not a good one

B = can of chicken noodle soup, some crackers (cheese straw crackers, not good) and cheese, few bites of ribs, a few bites of macaroni and cheese, and mashed potatoes and gravy

S = 2 small ice creams on a stick, snack size coated with chocolate and almonds

L = salad with thousand island, 1/2 a chicken quesadilla, some more crackers and cheese, not one plate =(, juice

D = 2 fish tacos, beans, rice, chips and salsa, alcohol

S= another 2 ice creams =(, more juice, and bites of cheese

more juice after going to bed =(

walked in the morning, but short

today is another day

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 pm

I think you're doing well. You're slowly losing weight, and working toward a healthier way of eating. You've got a plan. These are good things.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Thank you, it is a lifelong process.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:54 am

Monday, September 5, 2011

No walk
had alcohol today
B- juice

L - kfc, chicken leg, potato wedges, corn with lots of butter, juice

D - drinks

full from yesterday

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:01 pm

I went over to my mom's house the other day. She was heating up some lunch for my father, and since I was visiting, she was going to make me some too. My mom has struggled with her weight her whole life. And I remember when my grandmother once saying the reason for it is that my mom snacks. That she eats before and after the meal (while preparing it). And sometimes has seconds. My mom has always been a housewife, and rarely eats outside of the house. She cooks good quality, healthy food. Doesn't eat fast food or junk food. So I was watching her prepare this food for us, and all the while I was thinking about my grandmother's comment. And it was true, my mom was tasting spoonfuls of food. Then she served herself two helpings. One that she ate in the kitchen, and one that she ate with us. I say all this, not to put my mom down, I love her and know how hard the struggle with weight is.

But it got me to thinking about this nos plan. There has to be something to be said for no snacking and no seconds. I can see how a lifetime of snacking and seconds can put on the pounds.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 pm

so for those of us snackers, and second helping/buffet etc. people, this plan makes us take a conscious look at our eating habits. I am going to try to give it a more diligent try this time. And stick it out for some time, not expect immediate results, focus on good habits and following the simple rules of the plan, walking of course, and not having snacks. It is never too late to try again.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Well I have been maintaining for some time now. I was 233 and now I am at 237.5, have been between those two for a year or more. So I am going to start nosing again. Try to walk. This is my plan. Easy does it, because I know if I run to ww, I will end up starving and miserable. I have been half assing nosing, lol, for 5 years now, and if I just did it for real, I would probably be fine. I figure any change at this point will be a good one. So I am starting yet again, will try to post daily.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Saturday, Sept. 24

B= Mexican sweet bread, two glasses of oj

L = mom's stewed cabbage with meat, kaiser roll with butter

D = tba

walk
no alc

236-240

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Friday, October 7, 2011

B= b+c burrito, fries, 1/2 doughnut, coffee

candy :( over did it today

juice

L = pizza

D = Sizzler - had salad and soup

No alc
no walk

over did it today, but try again tomorrow

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 am

B= few glasses watered down juice, grilled cheese sandwich

L= Carl's Jr. famous star with cheese, fries, ice tea (no sugar), bbq sauce

D = lean cuisine fettucine, 1 cup fruit, watered down juice

no alcohol
walk?

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Thursday, Oct. 20

B = iced tea, 3/4 of a mozzerella/tomato/basil sandwich and one slice coffee cake from starbucks

L = mcdonalds, quarter pounder w cheese, 3/4 fries, coke

S = lollypop

D = wine, juice grape watered down, box of macaroni with cheese, few slices cheese, few almonds, one cheese stick,

dinner was the down fall

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Friday, Oct. 21

B = handful of almonds

L = sizzler: bowl of corn chowder, plate of salad, steak (small), lobster with butter, baked potato with everything, roll with butter, dessert (jello, fruit, mousse)

D = 3/4 of a root beer float, one bite hot dog, iced tea, 1/2 cheese curds with marinara sauce, 2 chicken strips with ranch and bbq sauce

walk
no alc.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Mmmmmmm.... Cheeeeeeeeese cuuuuuuuurds!

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:33 pm

cheese is always my down fall, like some people with chocolate, me with cheese :oops:

Saturday, October 22, 2011

B= 1/2 veggie oml with feta cheese/spinach/onion/tomatoes, 1/2 breakfast potatoes, ketchup, 1 toast with one pat butter, coffee black

Movies: diet coke

L = crackers and brie cheese (don't know how much I ate cause dog ate half of what I made), wine (too much), chips with guacamole (one avocado homemade), salsa

D= red lobster ultimate feast (lobster with butter, shrimp in butter, i see where this is going lol, breaded shrimp with cocktail sauce, snow crab legs, mashed potatoes), 2 or 3 cheddar biscuits, salad with ranch dressing, wine

at night: grape juice watered down

walk
alcohol =(
amazing I woke up 2 pounds lighter after that dinner

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:36 pm

not so very proud of my eating, but I'm posting to try to get started again, motivated, and eliminate some patterns. So far cheese and eating out seem to be the biggies, as well as cutting out the alcohol. one day at a time

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011

Brunch = El Torito buffet, 2 plates, one dessert, juice, drinks, bowl of soup

D = small vege pizza, watered down juice, crackers and cheese, chips and salsa

walk
alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:43 pm

not a good day

monday, october 24, 2011

B= iced coffee, spanish oml, potatoes, 2 buttered toasts

S= chocolate

L= 3/4 of cheesburger, fries, 1/3 of strawberry shake

D= 2 large bowls of tomato soup with noodles, crackers and cheese, chips and salsa, little snack cakes, alcohol, juice watered down, almonds

no walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Saturday, October 29, 2011

B = almonds, watered down juice

L = cheeseburger, fries, wine

D = 2 large slices pizza, wine
watered down grape juice

walk
alc

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Nov. 3, 2011 Wednesday

B= McDonalds bacon, egg, cheese biscuit, ketchup, hash brown, green tea, hot chocolate with whip cream

S = bag of cheetos

L = cafeteria lunch, french bread pizza, salad with ranch, cottage cheese

D = buffet, steak, shrimp with butter, rice pilaf, salad with ranch, chicken, guacomole, seafood salad, chicken noodle soup, baked potato with everything, cheese toast, mousse, jello, 2 canned peach slices, iced tea with sugar

ugh, not good day
no walk
no alc

thursday morning 238.5

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 pm

B = nothing

L= fillet mignon steak w bbq sauce, roast vegetables, pasta with mushroom alfredo sauce, juice

D = nachos, chex mix, juice, alcohol, ww frozen pizza

walk with dog

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:47 pm

oops forgot I had ice cream yesterday

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Sunday, Nov. 13

B = juice

Brunch = 2 plates and dessert, didn't finish everything on plates

D = chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes, ice tea unsweetened

no alc.
no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Tuesday, nov. 15

B = 1/2 turkey bacon melt, one huge fried zucc. with ranch

L = nothing

D = juice, wine, tortilla chips, with cheese dip and salsa, Beef dip sandwich with mozzerella cheese

no walk
alc.

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Well I lost some weight because I got strict. Then I let go for a few days and gained 5 pounds back. but I am still down 5 or 6. I need to not do these extreme swings. I'm either starving or eating non stop throughout the day. Yesterday the excuse was that we had a potluck at work. So it was an all day eating fest. But it didn't have to be. So I am back on track today.

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Good news: I have maintained throughout the holidays. and started walking again. So...that is good news. There are some habits I need to start again

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:49 pm

Friday, Feb. 10, 2011

I have been maintaining a 30 lb. loss for a while now. Just need to start losing again.

Today traveled to Big Bear Lake and walked a lot.

B = none

L= restaurant: chicken club sandwich, no bacon, sweet potato fries with mayo dipping sauce, clam chowder, 1 slice of bread with butter, ice tea

D = the other half of the chicken sand, chocolate covered strawberry, 3 bites fudge, small lemon sorbet, watered down lemonade

no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 am

March 23, 2012

B = 1 hard boiled egg, one toast with butter, watered down orange juice

L = Mex. rest. beans, rice, shrimp in butter, one tortilla, some margarita, chips and salsa, guacamole, chips and salsa and alcohol were non one plate cheat

D = chicken sausage, shrimp salad, one bread with butter

5 mile walk

onward and upward

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:06 pm

June 12, 2012 Tuesday

Brunch = 1/2 french dip sandwich with cheese and dipping sauce, 1/2 the fries, ketchup, cup of ham and bean soup, ice tea

Dinner = Sizzler buffet, salad plate with veges, dressing, imitation crab salad, guacamole, cottage cheese, cheese, olives, beets, steak, shrimp with butter, cheese toast, baked potato with everything, 1/2 cup clam chowder, sugared ice tea, jello, and chocolate mousse

evening = more pomegranite juice watered down

short walk
no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm

june 13, 2012 wednesday

b = large buttered kaiser roll, homemade cabbage with meat

L = tba

d = tba

short walk
no alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm

October 5, 2010

B = piece of coffee cake, milk, coffee black

L = restaurant = cream of broccoli soup, cracker, chicken in creamy sauce with shrimp, veges, rice, garlic toast didn't finish everything

D = a few sushi rolls, one chocolate disk with peanut butter in the middle, juice, 4 triscuit crackers

alcohol
no walk
maintaining 228.5 for a while now

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:15 pm

October 15, 2012, Monday

Well this morning weighed in at 224! Which is a nice low for me. I started thinking that that is only 74 pounds from what I weighed in high school. Now I know that 74 sounds like a lot. But is better than 100 or 150 or 200. I can do 74. My boyfriend has recently lightened what he is eating and lost some weight which is motivating me. As usual my quick fix mind is thinking WW. But I have to give nos an honest try. Which I have not been doing.

So, I am launching today. Lots of stress at work. But I am at a low 224. That is only 25 pounds from being under 200! I can do it. I refuse to become extreme and fanatical about it. I can do this sane and slower, but do it none the less. Here is my prayer.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:16 pm

October 17, 2012 Wednesday 225.5 this morning

B = jello in condensed milk mold, fresh orange juice, kiwi

L = tba

D = tba

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:53 am

Well I am hovering between 224 and 228.
Which is frustrating. But I am probably eating junk too much and not sticking as strictly to the one plate, but grazing/picking while I wait for dinner. Alcohol is a factor and occasional dessert. I know I can do this.

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Monday, October 22, 2012

B = none

L = bottle of apple juice, 1 and 3/4 McDonalds cheeseburgers, about 1/4 to 1/2 chex mix package

D = fresh squeezed oj from about 3-4 oranges, plate of rice and black beans topped with some cheese, salsa, avocado, no salt tortilla chips, didn't finish all, upset stomach threw up a little, 1/2 an orange

2 mile walk
no alcohol =)
Tuesday morning: 223.5-224.5 =)

Yes I can do this. What lies behind us and ahead of us is not as great as what lies within us. Yes I can. With strength, yes I can.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012

B = 1 fried chicken breast, cup of lentil bacon vegetable soup, kaiser roll, coffee black

L = 1/2 a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, orange wedges, chex mix, some more black coffee

D = 2 bowls of homemade chicken noodle soup, ok I was good all day and after dinner I cheated I had some alcohol, a few pieces of chocolate, and some crackers, a few extra bites/snacks, but the scale was still not bad the next morning, so I call it "let's do better today" - evening are hardest with snacks

223 pounds (wed)
no walk
alcohol

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Wed, Oct. 24

B = cup of lentil, bacon, vegetable soup, large kaiser roll, 1/2 a fruit smoothie, coffee black

L = Lean Cuisine pizza deluxe, 6 sandwich crackers with cheese in between Ritz, some more smoothie

D = chocolate, drinks, some crackers

no walk
alcohol
this morning 220.5 pounds

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Thursday...223.5..ugh...discouraging

B = 1/2 a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese, ortega chili, lettuce, tom, didn't finish, cup of chili with cheese and onions, oj from 3 fresh oranges

L = 1/2 cheeseburger, fries, pepsi

D = chocolate, drinks, appetizers wings and jalapeno poppers =(

no walk
alcohol

today is a new day

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Sunday was a bit of an S Day. But I do feel, even though the food was very junky, I didn't pig out totally. 220.5 this morning

B = several bites of a turkey bacon tomato panini, some chips, lemonade and hibiscus ice tea, 1/2 pickle

S = 3/4 of a sugar cookie

L = appetizers and drinks, 1 pretzle with cheese, slice of quesadilla, 2-3 buffalo chicken with ranch, one cheese stick, some chips and spinach dip

D = hot dog, potato chips with dip

short walk
alcohol
220.5 (good that its not higher)

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Ok this morning between 217.5 and 219.5!

B = 3 kit kat bars, potato chips and ranch dip (I know the junk is bad)

L = 4 spoons rice pilaf and a few noodles to check if they were done while I was cooking

S = sugar cookie, part of it, and a pickle

D = one Salad bar trip (large plate with letturce, ranch, beans, onions, a little pasta, cheese, tomatoes, cottage cheese, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.), 4-5 slices small pizza with canadian bacon and pineapple and mushroom

I think that was it

Alc.
no walk
craving juice, but not keeping it in the house, because turns out I'm a bit of a juice glutton, and yes I need to start eating healthier

Gepetto

Post by Gepetto » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 am

Hi Milczar, I was reading back through some of your log posts, and it reminds me of my own struggles - I even lost 40 pounds 10 years ago following Jorge Cruise's 8 Minutes plan.

Thanks also for posting your eating - that's a brave thing, and your reflection on it (the junk is bad) is so candid and honest!

It sounds like you've had some great success - a 30 pound weight loss is fantastic!
Start Date: 11/12/2012
Start Weight: 323 lbs.
Current Weight: 320 lbs.
Last Signature Update: 11/25/2012

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Yes honesty isn't always pretty. But let's face it, we are fat because we eat too much junk. I didn't become overweight because I over ate carrots. I'm on Thanksgiving vacation, which isn't helping the healthy eating. I feel entitled to vacation food. And no good can come of this thinking. This morning I'm at 220. Which I wish was 180, but is better than 250. Considering I have been eating out a lot, I am very happy with 220. Onward and upward.

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:08 pm

I was just looking back at my posts. In Feb. of 2008 I was weighing in at 265! Wow, I forgot about that! Posts don't lie. This morning I weighed in at 220. If my math is correct that is 45 pounds less. It has been so gradual, 4 years, that I forgot to notice. And not even good years. I went through a divorce, major work stress, and was really not nosing that well. Tons of failure days. I still have a long ways to go... but 45 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I am proud of that. And in this struggle of weight loss, we have to take happiness and success where it comes.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

what a great accomplishment!! congrats and keep up the great work!! :D
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Wednesday,

B = hard boiled egg, toast buttered, fresh squeezed apple juice, didn't finish everything

L = one bowl homemade chicken lentil vegetable noodle soup, sour cream dip and potato chips, slice of chocolate/pecan pie (didn't finish was very rich)

D = 2 slices bread with butter, some cheese, pickle

think that's it

alc
2 mile walk
today is thanksgiving, going to try not to go nuts, but will enjoy

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Really enjoyed thanksgiving! Up two pounds after the feast. 222

joasia

Post by joasia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:47 pm

B = leftovers plate: turkey, gravy, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, potato chips, few bites pie

L/D = 2 slices bread with butter, baked fries, few slices steak, potato chips, not a plate, just picked, noodles and chicken soup bowl, juice

I think that is it

alc
walk
between 219-221.5

joasia

Post by joasia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:36 pm

this morning 219.5 despite not great food yesterday

today:
B = egg, cheese, bean burrito with salsa from drive thru, coffee, bottle of oj

L = tuna sandwich from drive thru

D = tba, might go out for sushi tonight

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Wed, Dec 5

B = one plate: one pork chop, hash browns, 2 eggs, ketchup, one buttered toast, lemonade

L = one plate: ham, green bean casserole, potato and gravy, cranberry sauce, roll with margarine, one small slice chocolate pie, pepsi

D = 1/2 large quesadilla salsa, alc, juice, think that is it

no walk
218ish

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 am

Dec. 10

Ok so I am trying to lower the sodium and heat more whole foods. I have had blood pressure issues for years. And I am pretty sure I can attribute weight, family history, very stressed job, and drinking too much. Nothing like a few drinks at the end of a long hard day. Sooooooo, I am trying to lower my blood pressure. The low salt thing will be a challenge. And I will have cheat days.

B = 1oz almonds
4 prunes

L = oatmeal, banana, apple

D = 1 toast with butter, 1 egg, 1 cup lentil kale soup, one orange

yes I am craving a big cheese pizza slice, but my belly does feel full from the fiber, so if I can swing healthier most days, I will be happy

walk 2 miles
no alcohol
I will try not to attack any cheese pizza

joasia

Post by joasia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Considering this a win...

Dec. 26th and maintaining 218 pounds. After days of overeating. I have been walking. onward and hopefully downward

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:41 am

Low salt will be a challenge but your health is worth it. You'll also find that eating less intensely salted foods will make those old favorites taste really salty after awhile. It will make it easier to cut them later with more bland side dishes.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:56 am

Happy New Year!

I barely use salt when cooking. Instead I use lots of fresh herbs. I think intense spices will also make you miss salt less. Especially slightly hot ones but all kinds work.

Good luck!

btw: how about meditation 2x5min/day? That really helped my dad.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:56 pm

Good suggestion. I don't think I will be able to do no salt 7 days a week. I kinda let loose over the holidays. Gained a bit. 220.6 this morning. Which isn't bad considering I have not been following any rules. Not a horrible holiday gain. It is Monday, and my goal is to go back to 3 meals a day and less processed food. Although I have a leftover sub sandwich that is calling my name in the fridge =)

onward

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm

the good (3 meals)

B = cup of chili with cheese and onions, 1/2 santa fe chicken sandwich, some steak fries, 2 saltine crackers, ketchup, coffee black

L = cup of minestrone soup, bowl of noodles with brown butter and cheese, bread with margarine, small scoop of ice cream

D = ribeye steak and thresher shark, baked pot with butter, soda bread with butter

S = some crackers and cheese, a few chips, several drinks

no walk

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Jan. 22, 2013 Tuesday

Weigh in: 218.6

staying in place, need to move forward

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Strict moderation IS the easy way. Best wishes in 2013!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm

216. not being strict. but better than gaining

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:18 pm

I am down about 50 pounds. But this time I have done it sanely. yes it took 4-5 years, because I have not been a strict noesser at all. But the best part is the sanity. When I was dieting and counting points I would get panic attacks before meals. Or if I had to go out to eat. Now I feel the panic coming, but then it subsides. And a voice comes on that says, you can eat a normal meal, without measuring or counting, normal food, in a reasonable serving and you will not gain weight. In fact you will probably lose weight over time. Sanity is priceless. Especially in this already insane world.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 am

The way eating is supposed to be.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

joasia

Post by joasia » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm

215.8! No walk

B = 1/2 a vegetarian breakfast burrito with hash browns, eggs, cheese, avocado, salsa, coffee black

L = 70% dark chocolate mini bar 1/2 oz. 6 slices of thin salami, 2 slices cheese

D = flank steak and bbq sauce, asian pasta salad with vegetables, bread with butter, 2 plain crepes, (did snack a little while cooking), watered down grape juice, drinks, 2 valentine candy hearts

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 am

Nice work.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23