NoSnacker Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:39 pm

YES...today IS a new day!!! You Go Girl with the exercise!! YAY!! Whoooo Hoooo for you! Keep on keepin' on!
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Good Morning Deb. WOW! WTG on the 1 hr. - 4 miles! Nothing to sneeze at, for sure! :)

I read your list of foods and honestly, it doesn't look like much to me, especially for an S day! I think you did great! From my understanding of what I've read so far, we may want to eat more in the beginning, but the longer we do this the more those good weekly habits will fall into place on the weekend. So, don't beat yourself up over yesterday. Your list looked pretty sane to me! :wink:

Happy Easter!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:51 pm

There is no redemption but the passage of time and getting to one meal hungry. That may not be the NEXT meal, though.

I see that you make reference to the fact that only you can make the changes. Boy, ain't that the truth. I kept waiting for something else to somehow do it for me. Or something that would make it so easy that I COULD do it. I know I sure had been tired of it all, disgusted with it all, etc. SO many times before, but that all dissolved as soon as the inkling of the idea to get junk and eat came into my mind. Then I recognized that I had only been "successful" when those thoughts either didn't come or just seemed very weak in the face of some new burst of enthusiasm. I saw, oh, I have to do it when it's HARD. Only took 38 years.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Well sheesh! You got some exercise in! Way to go.
I agree with Ann...not like we need to justify to you that you didn't eat a lot, but really, that looks pretty normal to me.
I'm not even going to start on my S day, because that would be giving the PAST more power than it deserves.
Regardless, it was a total doozy. Not a "oh man everything was just so good that I can't pass up" doozy, but more of a mindless, from the bag, nervous, compulsive eating type.
The kind that doesn't feel good during OR ater.

But today is another S day.
Though I don't even FEEL like I eating this morn, I'll stick to 3 meals, and a possible Easter treat tonight. Because it's Easter.

I agree with oolala about only US making the changes. I've always looked to a fix or a diet to just click and to take away any hard work on my part.
But that ain't so. This life is a test for us to improve and conquer ourselves and to ENJOY life. But we cannot do that when conflicted.

"I have to do it when it's HARD." You betcha, Oolala. No free lunch in life!
Thanks for the reminder!

Happy Easter to all.
Liz

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:28 pm

HAPPY EASTER, DEB!!

I'm with the others... your S Day didn't seem at all over excessive, hon. As for mine.....

Today, I'm feeling a little better and a little less inclined to go mad after my binge fest later yesterday evening. When I say bingefest, again compared to the way I used to eat... however, I was younger then and it is now apparent that I just can't get away with what I ate then.

Now I have satisfied my URGE to deviate from Vanilla No S, I can't wait to get back to my regular N Days tomorrow, strange as that may sound! It'll be good to get some normalcy and control over my day to day eating. After so many years of Vanilla No S, I think it is fully engrained in my head.... well I hope so anyway. If I could streamline my S Days sure, I wouldn't have the urge to try out those other mods. I'm not sure I would see such a big drop in weight anyway due to a number of factors and not just what I eat on S Days. I know I sound like a broken record here but I think the first step for me now would be to lay off the scales for a while, just take Vanilla No S one day at a time. Not worry about S Days ahead of time.... then maybe one day, it may just happen all by itself (with a bit of help from me - lol!) but focussing on each stage so intently/intensely? isn't helping me, as I am starting to find out.

Anyway, enough said! Have a very happy Easter everyone!!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Good for you on the exercise, Congrats on the 21 days! Here's a 21 face salute to you!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :|
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 am

ZippaDee - thanks for stopping by and the kudos on the exercise...which I'll be doing in about 10 minutes :).

Ann_48 - i think if i could get to the point where i don't beat myself that will be a good place...i see how the pattern starts not just for me but a lot of people that struggle with food....once that motion of beating oneself up must be stopped or it leads to just more binging, and the cycle begins. So I'll need to work on that for sure.

oolala - i ask myself why does life have to be so complicated for most people and not for others..i know our life is what we make of it for sure.

ibb - i hate when i do the mindless eating or not caring at the moment eating...sunday was not any better, so monday is here...i hope to get back on my no s vanilla :)

Roxy - hope you find yourself diving in no s vanilla this week..we can do it...those darn binges surely have no place in any of our lives..not what food was intended for..as well as know the story too well.

sweetness
- thanks for all the smilies and the salute...a matter of fact off to the basement for me very shortly..time can fly by when on the site.

everyone have a great green week..i'm starting my new 21 days!!!!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:01 am

Today starts my week..looking back I have 3 solid weeks of green and can't let this week go all to hell just cause of my weekend..I love the habitcal, really gives a visual..like see you did well not all is lost because of a couple days that have gone wild..truly truly I have to say, hate what I do..but I guess not enough to change it yet.

Breakfast: mini wheat bagel/almond PB; strawberries

Lunch: flatouts/turkey/swiss/tomato/avocado; cantelope

Dinner: chicken, baked potato, brocolli/mushrooms, 2 olives with garlic cloves, 1 slice of blueberry goat cheese.

Actually glad to be going back to work, structure to my week..

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi Deb, I'm hoping you had a fabulous start to a new week! You are doing fantastically! Keep it up! I couldn't get habitcal to work, but I am using a paper calendar and stars here at home. I love the visual of it! Have a wonderful week!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 am

I can't seem to cut and paste from the URL line here at work, but google Jello Temptations Dessert Kit and you'll see them. Then forget you ever did!

Not because they're terrible but because there are probably better sweets to eat.

They also come ready made in little six-packs.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 am

Couple good things to share..yesterday my boss brought in some sponge candy...I truly had no desire to have yesterday. I thought ya know, why deprive myself and grabbed like 4 pieces and wrapped up in some plastic and decided to have over the weekend. So cool knowing you can have something when the time comes doesn't have such a pull on you during the week.

Second thing was I was going to get on the scale..and thought, ya know, if you do that and the scale went up cause of the weekend you won't exercise and those feelings of defeat will come over you..and I CHOSE not to torture myself. I might even wait until May 1, and keep to weighing monthly..we'll see that might be a tad bit pushing it.

I watch "Cupcake Wars"..love the show...love looking at the cupcakes :). Anyhow, thought I might find some recipes for some homemade cupcakes and then keep a couple for my house and take the rest to my grandkids...

Yesterday wasn't as bad to get back on track..I think dealing with the old feelings of "oppps there it is..." those darn thoughts...of I will not succeed and I'll just fail again..but that is so not true...I have to think outside the box of black and white and find some gray..and No S really is that gray.

I'm still fighting this diet mentality, and trying to change it to say this is the way people should eat and I want to be a normal eater.

Off to the basement for my workout...

Have a great Tuesday!
Last edited by NoSnacker on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gk

Post by gk » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 am

NoSnacker wrote:Couple good things to share..yesterday my boss brought in some sponge candy...I truly had no desire to have yesterday. I thought ya know, why deprive myself and grabbed like 4 pieces and wrapped up in some plastic and decided to have over the weekend. So cool knowing you can have something when the time comes doesn't have such a pull on you during the week.

Second thing was I was going to get on the scale..and thought, ya know, if you do that and the scale went up cause of the weekend you won't exercise and those feelings of defeat will come over you..and I CHOSE not to torture myself. I might even wait until May 1, and keep to weighing monthly..we'll see that might be a tad bit pushing it.

Yesterday wasn't as bad to get back on track..I think dealing with the old feelings of "oppps there it is..." those darn thoughts...of I will not succeed and I'll just fail again..but that is so not true...I have to think outside the box of black and white and find some gray..and No S really is that gray.

I'm still fighting this diet mentality, and trying to change it to say this is the way people should eat and I want to be a normal eater.

Off to the basement for my workout...
I'm so proud of you, Deb!! Way to go! You are fighting the temptation of old habits and winning!!! Keep up the great work!

Have a great day! 8)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Sort through those thoughts! It all helps. Keep going! You're doing great!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Today my husband forgot to take the chicken out so he is off to the store for dinner...instead of a heavy sub, I asked that he pick up a cooked chicken, have my rice cooking and will have some mushrooms and my favorite dessert, goat cheese rolled in blueberries. Not in the mood for fast food..I want a real meal :)

Breakfast: mini wheat bagel/w PB; yogurt

Lunch: flat bread with turkey, avocado, cheddar cheese; strawberries

Dinner: chicken, rice, mushrooms, asparagus, fruit cup

I want to hang on to the mindset I have going on right at the moment..
Last edited by NoSnacker on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Cooked chickens have been a staple in my house for months on end. The market across the street from work also sells roasted turkey breast for a reasonable price. It's pretty easy these days to have a starch and veggies on hand, too. When you make meals a priority, they become the default!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Well done, deb! Sounds like you are doing great! Kudos for not stepping on the scale either. As a chronic weigher/slave to the scales, I say its good to keep off them especially if they have a negative effect on you. Often as not, I used to feel good about my body and then I would stand on the scale and if I got a disappointing result, it was enough to mess up my whole day! :cry: UGG!

I've managed to lay off the scale for the past 4 or 5 days myself however and I do not advise weighing after a weekend, although that's my own personal preference and of course it is up to the individual to decide. From experience, I would say good on you for not weighing after the weekend. I, too, am feeling pretty strong about the weighing thing this time around (long may it last! :roll: ) and I think keeping it to once a month is a pretty good plan. Then take it from there. But who am i to talk? I often as not end up eating my own words since I have a habit of succumbing to those da&rn scales!

Take care! Thanks for your great posts and helping to keep me on the straight and narrow!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:28 am

Roxy, if you eat your own words, just make sure they are on your plate at a meal first.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:50 am

YOU GO GIRL!!! You are doing just great!! Keep on keepin' on! :D
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:14 am

I'm happy to see you sticking with it this week! Good for you!!! :mrgreen:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

KL

Post by KL » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:22 am

You sound so confident - it's hard to continue with the mindset of making a substantial meal when something throws you off course. Good for you for not succumbing to something that wouldn't work for you. :)
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks everyone..I did stop by each of your pages...it is so nice to acknowledge others that have acknowledged you...builds virtual friendships that are there for you in good times and bad times.

Last night I actually ate dinner at 7:00, watched The Voice until 10:00, had glass of milk around 9:00 as I started to get hungry...so glad I go to bed at 9:00 most nights then I don't have to deal with hunger.

My dinner was great...dropped the goat cheese and olives had a fruit cup instead..needed something sweet.

Here is to another green day I pray :)

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 am

I'm with you on going to bed early. It sure helps avoid the munchies. Here's to another GREEN day! :)

gk

Post by gk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 pm

NoSnacker wrote:watched The Voice until 10:00, had glass of milk around 9:00 as I started to get hungry...
I find that to be one of the hardest times.....at the end of the day, when you're relaxing in front of the t.v. and you start to feel the munchies coming on. YOU'RE BEATING THE URGE. Woo hoo!!!!!! :D

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Sorry I sounded disapproving of the excerpt from the article you posted. Don't ever let me stop you! I knew you had posted it and I think I may have referred to you at one time? I thought you were going to put the rest of the ideas up a day at a time. I was partial to that one esp. so I put it out there.

If I may ask, you were feeling hungry at 9 and not the URGE? I guess you know the difference. But I also want to point out that when you opted for the fruit cup, you ended up skipping some fat, which may have been why you felt hungry. I might add nuts to a meal if I change out a different fat. I've found I get a lot hungrier earlier between lunch and dinner if I forget nuts, cheese, olives, avocado, or whatever. Just an idea.

Off to finish grades!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Oolala, mmm I guess it was hunger based on my tummy :) not the URGE to binge :) And I bet you are right, that was 2 fats I eliminated for the fruit cup...good observation, would have never thought of that..probably better to keep that up with my dinner seeing after dinner is the hardest time for me.

I know I tend to back off when the resident No S'rs that are pretty established comment on things...who am I to know much. I'm here to learn from you guys :)

Have a wonderful hump day!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Oolala wrote: "Roxy, if you eat your own words, just make sure they are on your plate at a meal first."

LOL!! Nice one! VERY Good advice too!!

.....Even as I was writing it, I thought uh-oh this sounds like a pun!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Went for a nice walk before work...

Breakfast: dirty rice with scrambled eggs/hot sauce

Lunch: CA salad rolls; baked lays

Dinner: Leftover chicken, broccoli, dirty rice, cantelope, 2 olives/garlic; 1 piece of goat cheese. All fit perfectly on my plate. Felt satisfied, but not full.

More to come for sure :)
Last edited by NoSnacker on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:24 am

:mrgreen:
Patty

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 am

Roxy, if you eat your own words, just make sure they are on your plate at a meal first.
:lol: :lol: Tickled my funny bone!

GREAT job Deb! YAY YOU!!!!

Diets Don't Work.

gk

Post by gk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 pm

NoSnacker wrote:All fit perfectly on my plate. Felt satisfied, but not full.
Perfect - it's what we're all striving for....to leave the table without stuffing ourselves but feeling perfectly content....and to know when to stop so that we feel that way.

Keep up all the green - looks great! :)

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Your breakfast sounds delicious. WTG on a great day!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:50 pm

So far:

Breakfast: slice whole wheat toast with tsp olive oil, kashi cereal

Lunch: 3 slices deli turkey, 1 slice swiss cheese, chick peas, olives, cherry tomatoes, romaine letter salad, light ranch dressin; cantalope

Dinner: TBD out with friends...but will be nice as not to order just because I'm on a diet, but something tasty and interesting...key will be to stop when satisfied...hard time figuring that one sometime (see update below :) )

Walked about 3 miles before work...
Last edited by NoSnacker on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Sounds GREAT, deb! Enjoy a delicious meal and a good night out with your friends ! :D

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks Zippadee, Roxy, Ann, GK,Patty for your continued encouragement!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:23 am

8)
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 am

My dinner last night with friends went really well...

April Spring special "chicken, pecans, goat cheese, cranberries, mandarin oranges, carmelized onions, 1/2 pita, ranch dressing (sensibly) and even left some on the plate. Did have a small cup of soup prior as well.

Looked at the dessert menu and to be honest nothing seemed appealing to me...although I never really order dessert after a dinner, the dessert menu always looked so appealing..mmm that is a strange one..

Came home and no thoughts of food entered my mind..I was happy and satisfied.

This is how I would like to live my life...binge free....also all the years of dieting has ingrained good eating habits which I'm grateful for..

I have also been keeping in mind what Oolala recently...reflect back on the foods I ate during the day which helps a lot then I don't feel so deprived in the evening..one thing I'm learning as well is

That desperate feeling (URGE) of needing to eat after dinner has really subsided a lot..I think it was the feeling of deprivation, but I"M NOT deprived and I'm coming to know this.

I believe it stems back to childhood not having enough food in the house and my mom sending us next store to borrow $5 so she could get a loaf of bread and some bolony for us..or sending us to put food on the store tab..my goodness...anyhow I'm not deprived and haven't in a long long time...so losing this feeling of deprivation is a blessing..and I believe in part because of what Oolala told me...truly I do..

Patty, thanks for the :), makes me know my virtual buddy is their checking in on me...how sweet :)

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:18 pm

I said that? I'm glad it helped! I think I was talking about remembering at certain points, esp. when tempted to snack, that I had a meal --a good one!-- a few hours ago and would again in a few hours. Helped me so many times. Even though it involves memory, past, and future, it can keep us more in the now, too, because it helps dispel those other memories way in the past.

I'm hoping some day to have the thought of myself as a person who needs to control food much at all becomes a thing of the past. I do sometimes think about that as I walk down food store aisles that I got all my junk from. I avoided them for awhile. Then I would walk down them and feel anxious the whole time, but not take anything. Now I just notice that I don't feel anxious. Some day, I hope not to even notice I'm on the candy aisle.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

gk

Post by gk » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh Deb, you are doing so good. You can just hear the contentment in your "voice", and I am so happy to hear that. You aren't covering up the problem this time with diets that are not sustainable (as all of us here have done numerous times). You are going to the root of the problem and fixing it.

I wish you continued success - you are definately on the right path! AWESOME!!!! :D

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Wow deb you made some great realizations! I think it IS hard to move past the thought that there will ALWAYS be enough. Of food, of anything.
I grew up with 8 kids in the family and we were always clamoring for food, hiding it even so it wouldn't be eaten! (My college roommates thought I was weird for being so possessive of my food!).

I think it's great you reflected on your yummy dinner with friends and then didn't even need dessert. Sometimes it almost ruins that awesome dinner...to add more!

We are NOT deprived. We just take our meals at steady times and give our body only what it needs.

I SO get the URGE post-dinner but then realize "where would that get me?" Eating an entire (king size) candy bar wouldn't "do" anything for me, would it?
Yes, that was a daily habit not too long ago.

I can save that for an S day...or not.

Take care you are an inspiration!
Liz

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:55 pm

NoSnacker wrote:My dinner last night with friends went really well...

April Spring special "chicken, pecans, goat cheese, cranberries, mandarin oranges, carmelized onions, 1/2 pita, ranch dressing (sensibly) and even left some on the plate. Did have a small cup of soup prior as well.

Looked at the dessert menu and to be honest nothing seemed appealing to me...although I never really order dessert after a dinner, the dessert menu always looked so appealing..mmm that is a strange one..

Came home and no thoughts of food entered my mind..I was happy and satisfied.

This is how I would like to live my life...binge free....also all the years of dieting has ingrained good eating habits which I'm grateful for..

I have also been keeping in mind what Oolala recently...reflect back on the foods I ate during the day which helps a lot then I don't feel so deprived in the evening..one thing I'm learning as well is

That desperate feeling (URGE) of needing to eat after dinner has really subsided a lot..I think it was the feeling of deprivation, but I"M NOT deprived and I'm coming to know this.

I believe it stems back to childhood not having enough food in the house and my mom sending us next store to borrow $5 so she could get a loaf of bread and some bolony for us..or sending us to put food on the store tab..my goodness...anyhow I'm not deprived and haven't in a long long time...so losing this feeling of deprivation is a blessing..and I believe in part because of what Oolala told me...truly I do..

Patty, thanks for the :), makes me know my virtual buddy is their checking in on me...how sweet :)
That Spring special sounds amazing! No wonder you felt satisfied.

When I was growing up we usually had enough just barely, and usually not more than enough. And if you didn't get your share the first time the dish was passed, there wouldn't be a second chance. When there were treats, you better eat it now or it would be gone later. I can relate. I think I still want to eat lots at mealtimes because of a nagging worry I'll go hungry! Like you, its been many years since there was any kind of reality to that fear. I think I need to write down some good self talk pointers to counter this kind of thinking and have them ready when I want to pile my plate full. :roll:
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Just want to say you might not have been spared even if you had plenty to eat. We weren't well-off, but my father had grown up rather poor and spent a fair amount on food. I never thought for one second that I would not get enough to eat, but I still turned into a binger. Many people become bingers from families who push food, too, and have way too much. So there are many stimuli, and basically the remedy is the same: consistent, moderate eating now!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 pm

So today at work, my boss brings in yet more chocolate (thin mints) yummy! But I again just walk by them and say nope, no thanks...but I did gather up some for the weekend....I actually felt like a pack rat :)

Breakfast: mini whole wheat bagel with PB; yogurt

Lunch: went to a luncheon for a co-worker, and it was a buffet...i had my plate in hand and had small portions of everything and a roll (salad, green/wax beans, pasta bows w/cream sauce, beef, mashed potatoes) when it was time for cake I checked how I felt and thought is it worth going red for??? NOPE, it is not...today marks 4 full weeks of mon-frids of greensss...certainly don't want to end on a bad note. Funny but I ate slowly and engaged in conversation and enjoyed my surroundings...i could have gone for more, i could have had cake, but didn't.

now i have sponge candy and thin mints for the weekend to enjoy!! yippee...

dinner: baked chicken, brown rice, green beans, 2 olives/garlic/1 piece of goat cheese; cantaloup

So tonight if i start to get that URGE i'll sit back and reflect on my day and my treats that i'll have over the weekend...

and i plan on putting the scale in the trunk of my car...i can't let the scale tear me down for the thousandth time...

and the first in a very very long time i did not work out this morning and went for a walk after work...i'm on a streak with exercising and don't want to break it yet!! whooohoooo...
Last edited by NoSnacker on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 pm

oolala i hear ya, my best friend had plenty of abundance and was the one that was praised for eating all her food..and she has a binge eating problem. i think there are definitely similarities for sure, feeling deprivation causes one to want to fill that and those that had abundance and favored for eating all their food, still look for that praise..i'm sure there are plenty of analogies..

for me, feeling deprived cause i can't have something surely is a thing i'm taking a close look at.

everyone that soooo much for your comments..truly appreciate the feedback!!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 am

Isn't that going to be strange when people see the woman weighing herself on the side of the freeway? :)
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:05 am

Hee! Hee! Hee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:30 am

You're strong to pass up the thin mints. Keep it up!

LOL about the scales. I don't blame you one bit!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:57 am

I posted this on another thread and decided to copy and post to mine as well..as a reminder to myself...

What I have been saying to myself this time in the evenings when I had the URGE or if it tries to creep in "IT IS SO NOT WORTH IT and DOES NOTHING FOR ME ANYMORE". I remember watching Dr Phil, not sure if you remember him...when people do something and they say they don't want to, he would say it must be doing something for you or you wouldn't be doing it...how true that is...the binge was trying to fill my emotional needs and couldn't..didn't fix anything in my life...only made this worse, me getting fatter and not happier....

Getting ready to put the scale in the trunk this morning, but of course the fear comes over me...what if the bumps ruin it ;) I would love to be like some of my other fellow No Sers and not even have one...had one as long as I remember dieting...part of my being :)

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 pm

I was wondering if you have another room in your house where you can hide it away in a closet? That way you wouldn't have to worry about it bouncing around. But if you're worried about digging it out often, the car might be a better choice.

I am finally getting to the point where I don't step on the scales every day. I'm trying to make it a once a month thing, though I do slip from time to time. It's getting easier as I go though.

Good luck with the "no weighing".

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:11 pm

"IT IS SO NOT WORTH IT and DOES NOTHING FOR ME ANYMORE".
I love what you said.
This is so true as I was SO close to "using" food last night to zone out.
It wouldn't have been worth it.
Feel so much better this morn. No regrets, moving on.
If we could all remember that at crucial times!

Take care and have a lovely weekend!
Liz

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:38 pm

"IT IS SO NOT WORTH IT and DOES NOTHING FOR ME ANYMORE".
So true!!! You seem to be doing so well. Congrats!! :D Keep on keepin' on! Hope you have an awesome weekend.
Isn't that going to be strange when people see the woman weighing herself on the side of the freeway?
:lol: :lol: :lol: TOO FUNNY!!

I'll join you in trying to stay off the scale for one week. That's a start. I currently get on almost everyday. I do have mine in a drawer, but I get it out every morning. I got on this morning, so I vow to stay off until next Saturday morning! :D

Diets Don't Work.

gk

Post by gk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:54 pm

NoSnacker wrote:I remember watching Dr Phil, not sure if you remember him...when people do something and they say they don't want to, he would say it must be doing something for you or you wouldn't be doing it...how true that is...the binge was trying to fill my emotional needs and couldn't..didn't fix anything in my life...only made this worse, me getting fatter and not happier....
I've heard of that before, too. Binges do only make us fatter and don't fix the problem at hand. I think the reason I always return to binges, even knowing that I'll regret it in the morning, is the numbing effect it gives. For matters in life that we can't change, it's nice to just be numb about it for while. We don't get drunk with alcohol....we go numb with food. So, it may not fix things, but it sure does make them go away for awhile.

I guess for matters that we can't change, we need to just substitute food with something else. Let's see..... a big bowl of chocolate ice cream?......orrrr....ummmm.........hmmmmmm......uhhhhhh.......nope, nuthin tops it. Chocolate ice cream it is again. :roll: Someday I'll find it's match. Someday. :wink:

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:50 am

Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Today is my grandson's 13th B-day party..and so glad on an S day..works out great...

Breakfast: spinach flatout (with rice/beans/avocado/salsa/tad bit of cheese/hot sauce); banana

B-day: 1 hot dog/roll, mac salad, handful of pretzels (passed on the cake and cookie cake - not interested..knew the frosting was way to sweet for me :) I made lemon pudding for later instead of junky cake/cookie..

Dinner: 8 small chicken wings/blue cheese dressing

Snack/dessert: lemon pudding

Exercise: 3 mile walk
Last edited by NoSnacker on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Deb, sounds like a great S-Day!! Happy birthday to your grandson! 8)
Patty

Ann_48

Post by Ann_48 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Glad you enjoyed the day! :)

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 am

Saturday was a blowout for me, but Sunday was much better although a lot of food I normally don't eat...fatty :(

Birthday party was nice, it is always nice when I get to see everyone.

Can't believe it is Monday and back to work already..time sure flies..looking forward to my 2 weeks off in May which will be here before I know it.

Thanks Ann and Patty for stopping by!!

Have a great week!

gk

Post by gk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Okay, Deb, let's really go for the GREEN this week! Continue that LONG string of GREEN you've made so far. You can do it!!! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am

Yesterday was a good day food wise, I do think my portions are a little larger than normal..but my 3 squares...

Breakfast: Mini wheat bagel w/PB; banana

Lunch: Romaine salad with chicken and fixings; cantaloupe

Dinner: Rice; green beans; 2 pieces of fish; cup of diced peaches

Exercise: 30 minute elliptical, some weights

Today, I don't plan on doing any morning workout..but will after work....

I did feel good to be back to the N days, but knowingly in the back of my mind S days are right around the corner..why I care I don't know as I end up binging, but then I come back to Monday and feel the sanity is there and think now why can't this happen during the weekend..and the answer is it would be too much pressure...well over time as they say around these parts the S days will calm down!

KL

Post by KL » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes, in time they will calm down. Keep lifting your eyes up to the mountain... :wink:
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 pm

It took me a while but my S days are definitely settled down. One thing that helps is I like being hungry at mealtimes! :lol:
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:29 am

I'm looking forward for S days to calm down too - I almost dread the weekend as much as I anticipate it... Just have to keep the faith and believe that it will happen!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:24 am

Yesterday, was a good day food wise..no desire to binge..seems almost 4 weeks of N days is starting to have some positive impact on my physcy...I'm all the better for it emotionally. Well except for my S days, but in time they too shall follow.

Breakfast: mini whole wheat bagel w/PB; banana
Lunch: romaine salad with chicken and fixings; cantaloupe
Dinner: whole wheat pasta with turkey meat sauce, 2 olives with garlic; 1 slice of goat cheese rolled in blueberries.

Exercise: walk after work as I didn't work out in the morning. Mind you my body does NOT want to move after work, stiff....as it is so used the morning routine...but I have to say once the heaviness passes I enjoy it..might incorporate more in time..

I have a good streak going on...31 days straight of some sort of exercise, be it walking or elliptical.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:39 am

You have a good streak going indeed!! Glad that as the days are ticking off green you can feel an improvement for yourself emotionally. GO YOU!! :D

Diets Don't Work.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:41 am

Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:47 am

So good to see your progress!!!! I am struggling so much with binging lately, seeing your success is so encouraging

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 am

Yesterday was a pretty good day food wise. Really seems this time around my urges to binge are pretty nil. I can say this time around I care enough about myself to say "NO, binging is sooo NOT worth it", the pain and the sense of defeat...all because of food..NO I say...I deserve to be sane no matter what...except on the weekends :), now if and when my weekends follow I'll be all set..even then, with crazy S days, I dust myself off and move on to sanity.

Another thing here is I hear all the pain and agony of what these binges are doing to us and it makes me mad and I for one am tired of my life being wacked....

I dusted off my Beck Diet Solutions which will help reinforce my positive thoughts and stop the negative ones in their tracks..if I can catch them in time.

So for now no more 1,000 to 1,500 hundred calorie evening binges that were topper to my normal 1,500 calorie range. Yes, the counting calories is OVER..but it was an eye opener, just how badly my binges have become..did great all day, just to fly off the handle every single night..

I gained 18 lbs after I left No S, so I have a ways to go, but who cares..not eating all those extras calories during the week will eventually pay off weight wise..

Yesterday:

Breakfast: left over spaghetti and ground turkey meat sauce
Lunch: flat out wrap with chicken, avocado, swiss cheese, some olives and lite ranch..very yummy; yogurt
Dinner: Steak, potato, broccoli, 1 slice mozz and 2 olives with garlic.

Exercise: elliptical 40 minutes and a few upper body exercise.

I even split my dinner into 2 because the potato was huge and the steak (which I have on rare occasion) was large. I put the second plate away..my husband can have the steak today...

p.s. I found a way to print the habitcal, when you are on it, upload how ever many months you want, do ctrl P, and print..the colors are not there, but if you have a marker that will work..nice thing to see hanging around.
Last edited by NoSnacker on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:36 am

It's encouraging to hear that the urges to binge can disappear (or at least diminish to closely nil). I guess the trick is not to get discouraged and give up when it's not going well (which is what I usually do).

Keep it up! Have a nice day!

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:23 am

Hello NoSnacker:
You really seem to have a good grip on the 3 meals a day and exercise -- it must be totally liberating. When I re-started No S three weeks ago (for probably the 5th time in the last few years!), it started well and I was motivated, but when I had a meal I was still calculating weight watchers points in my head to make sure I didn't overeat. I was wondering, how do you handle your choice and quantity of meals? I struggle between having what I feel like eating (which tends to be high calorie) or what I know I should be eating if I want to lose weight (which should be low in fat and carbs). I'd like to reach a point where I just make the right choices naturally without having a calculator in my head.

You also exercise on a regular basis. Is it something you've always done or is it a habit you started with NoS? I know exercise would help me tremendously (physically and mentally), but I have a really hard time getting out of bed and going straight to the treadmill before getting ready for work. After work I feel so tired, that once supper is done I just want to crash on the couch. It's a vicious circle -- no exercise, no energy.

Sorry for the babbling :oops: , I would just love to get to a point where food doesn't control me so much -- where exercise would be part of my daily routine -- and where I'd be able to pass in front of a mirror without cringing. :(

gk

Post by gk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 am

You are doing wonderfully. You are in the frame of mind right now that binges do not stand a chance.

Keep it up - you will see nothing but reward!!!! 8)

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Working from home today which is nice! Wow just got home from shopping and it is 8:15 and dinner is almost done...and I'm starving.....

Breakfast: 1/2 baked potato diced/fried in olive oil with 1 egg mixed in; banana
Lunch: Left over whole wheat pasta and ground turkey meat sauce...really enjoy pasta!
Dinner: baked chicken in tomato sauce, brown rice, broccoli, piece mozz cheese, 2 green olives with garlic; glass red wine

Exercise: 40 minute walk with intervals of slow, very slow jogging.

Read some of my Beck book and did up some new cards with my reasons on wanting to lose weight...goal is to read twice a day.

To all my virtual friends, have a good night..

deb
Last edited by NoSnacker on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi deb! Well done you! You're doing great and your meals sound absolutely yummy!! WTG, girl!! :D :D

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Glad to see how well you're doing! The Beck Diet Solution has a lot of really good stuff in it - I regularly pick it up again it for inspiration.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 am

So today is Friday..yippeeeee...

I decided to start a little notebook and jot down all the successes of not binging and how good I feel that night or the next day..so often we forget our successes and when we have a fail we jump on that right away, forgetting all the good we accomplish..I know I do forget...

Of course I dusted off my Beck book and wrote up my reasons for wanting to lose weight, here it goes:

1. I'll build a good relationship with food
2. I'll feel better emotionally if I don't binge
3. I won't feel so self-conscious
4. I'll feel better physically
5. I'll be able to move easier
6. My clothes will feel better
7. I'll have more confidence
8. I'll increase my self-esteem
9. Reduced health risks (cancer, heart disease, etc.)
10. I'll be happier when I step on the scale
11. I'll be happy when I see the 160's again
12. My feet won't hurt so much

Mmmm, I think I'll start a thread on what are your goals for wanting to lose weight!

Breakfast: mini bagel w/PB, yogurt
Lunch: flatout (rice, beans, broccoli, avocado, salsa, tad bit of cheese); strawberries
Dinner: Fish fry; glass wine
Exercise: Walked 45 minutes
Last edited by NoSnacker on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

determined

Post by determined » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 am

Deb....Way to go!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 pm

I like your ten reasons! I just ordered that Beck book, saw you all talking about it before, but it's not on Kindle, so had to wait till now. Shipping anything down here is either very expensive or very iffy. So it should get to my house in Minn. the day after we do! :)
Patty

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Way to go, NoSnacker!
This is a great reminder about the WHY we are doing this. I think I could benefit from doing "reasons", too.
And it's good to remember the feelings we get from successes, as you're right, the fails stand out so much more in our head!
Have a great Friday and TGIF!

gk

Post by gk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:33 am

I like your list of reasons, Deb. Some very good points to remember. We all know these good reasons, but sometimes it gets our attention (and keeps it) more if we see it in black and white right in front of us.

I keep hearing about this Beck book all through this forum and in magazines I've read. Gonna have to take the time to get a copy myself!

You're doing AWESOME. Just look how far you've come so far!!!! :D

Have a great weekend! You've certainly earned it. And REMEMBER.......enjoy your weekend. No rules-----must have that "release" so we can better tend to the N Days. Your body will eventually adjust to normal eating on the weekend without you even trying (at least that's what they tell me :wink: ) I'm already feeling the difference of having no rules......I don't feel restricted and oddly it makes me want to binge LESS. (Well, it IS only the first few hours for me, but STILL! :) )

Catch ya' later. 8)

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 am

Yesterday I didn't work out in the morning, but did go for a walk right after work...kind of like switching it up a bit...In the summer I won't be walking after work, too hot for me...but for now enjoying it..

Strange thing though, so hard to move later in day, muscles seem stiff and my body just doesn't seem to want to get with it...I guess I'm just a morning person and so are my muscles!

So with the jotting down the reasons to lose weight on the 3x5 index cards and reading them twice a day...Beck recommends reading each one and think about it, feel it...not just read it...put some feeling behind it :)

Now I'm on to another chapter that says use a notebook and jot down all your successes, and to give yourself credit for doing well. Give yourself "credit" as most of us only know how to treat ourselves with negativity. So I dusted off my notebook and I'll start keeping track of all the times I do well as a journey so to say.

K, so here is a credit to myself :) replaced veggies for potato salad :)

I had a fish fry yesterday for dinner...I placed the fish fry on my 8 1/2 inch plate (credit), left some fries (credit) and the cole slaw (credit)...and when I ordered I had them replace the potato salad with veggies (credit). The fish was deep fried and very greasy, did feel kind of guilty eating it though...I do try to eat healthy and that was not in my book healthy and not something we do often at all..I like to make fish at home.

So the weekend is here....and the M&M with pretzels will be crossing my lips sometime over the weekend..I totally forgot I had them...

So we'll see how moderation goes.

I do have to say this is my 5th week of (N) days and I feel fantastic...am I losing "not really" just the initial 3lbs, but am I gaining NO and that is a great feeling...am I experiencing sanity with food YES, for the first time I feel it, not just saying it..I'm enjoying my meals and better yet, I'm finding I'm getting fuller faster by not eating between meals, hence no snacking.

I know a bit long, but I just feel so great emotionally by not giving in to the URGE..

Hope all my virtual friends have a great weekend..

Sweetness, Determined, ibb(liz) and gk, NoSRocks, Amy3010, everyone thanks for stopping by and checkin in on me :)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Sanity with food.....YIPPEE SKIPPEE....ZIPADEE DO DAH DAY!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So happy for you! You are doing just awesome!!!!

Congrats! Have a great weekend!

Diets Don't Work.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:23 pm

What a fantastic re-cap! You should print this up in times of dire need!
I like what you said about focusing on the good habits you HAVE acquired.
Good job on replacing the potatoes for veggies...

I LOVE M&M pretzels. But man they are a binge food for me (I could eat an entire huge bag). Enjoy them!

Glad you are feeling great emotionally by not giving into the URGE. This IS a great program. I hate to say "program" because it's just a way of life that MOST people live, but we are all re-learning.

TAKE CARE AND ENJOY!
Xo, liz

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:25 am

enjoyed reading your long post, it was all good! 8)
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:01 am

I enjoyed reading it, too - very inspiring! I agree that it is so easy to be negative but we have to reminded to pat ourselves on the back every now and then, too! You are doing really well!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 am

Yesterday started off good, had some cheerios/strawberries, met my friend from work for lunch before a movie we went to see "The Hunger Games" (read the book first)...anyhow, I always get the popcorn, but didn't get anything at the movie and all because I did eat to satisfaction prior to...it kind was like I knew in my heart there is always the next time. I do love the popcorn but so bad for you...I rather pop up my own.

So that was all fine and dandy...then had my bag of M & M's, moved on to potato chips, chunk of mozz cheese, 2 candy bars, more chips, a another chunk of mozz cheese...and in between there had my leftover salad I had for lunch..

None of it really did anything for me, except the cheese :)

Funny thing, I didn't eat anything after that, like no dinner...normally I would totally keep going, eat dinner which by then my husband would not have known all the stuff I ate...I would not have been able to move.

I actually thought, I really enjoy my 3 squares and feeling great about it...so I'm thinking my S days will at some point calm down to the point where I do have a dessert, etc. but only 1.

Oh ya, and I went grocery shopping hungry and bought those chips and I knew when I picked them up what could happen...they weren't that good...old habits die hard.

So today is Sunday and I still will make my planned dessert..and take the left overs to my daughter, perhaps freeze a couple if good..

And of course broke my 33 day streak of exercise...but today I'll be getting it in for sure..

Everyone have a great day..

Nope not beating myself up, just looking ahead (feel a tad sick)...but I do have to give myself credit for the whole point up until I started my medium sized binge..and the fact I did not keep eating just to eat later in the evening...thinking oh no, I need to have dinner...well girll you had dinner All junk.. :)

Peace to you all!
Last edited by NoSnacker on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 am

Good for you!! You are making progress! You stopped before your head hit the pillow AND you are not beating yourself up over it. YAY YOU!!! :mrgreen: Have a happy Sunday!

Diets Don't Work.

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 am

NoSnacker wrote: Oh ya, and I went grocery shopping hungry and bought those chips and I knew when I picked them what could happen...they weren't that good...old habits die hard.
Yes, old habits die hard. I don't know how many times I've gone on a binge or bought 2 chocolate bars on the way home (used to be 1, but then escalated to 2 and now it's become more of a habit than anything else) and afterwards thought to myself "it wasn't all that enjoyable -- it really wasn't worth it". I guess being aware of this is half the battle. We just have to try and remember it the next time around.

Good for you for not beating yourself up about it. Today is another day.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:19 pm

oh i so relate to your post and could have written it myself!

i'm proud of you for just stopping. i have done the same thing...opening up all the floodgates just because it's an S day and not really enjoying one thing necessarily.
craving those 3 squares. the order. the anticipation and enjoyment of LESS.
i'm glad you made those realizations. and isn't it true about habits?
just last night I bought a king-size symphony bar for today. but do i really want it or is it habit?
hmmm.
you are doing great. keep it up!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Deb, I hear some very sane self talk here. Good for you, and you stopped.
Patty

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:11 am

Hi deb! I'm with the others! Well done on not beating yourself up! I should talk, tho, after doing just that !! I had a horrible weekend of eating junk I am sorry to say! I feel so bad (guilty) and really quite bloated this evening. However, I know I will be okay for the next 5 days.... and in a lot of ways, that is what bugs me! Why can't I be like this all of the time? Or just have one or two nice treats and stick to my regular 3 meals? I dunno....its crazy! I keep saying maybe I;ll be better next weekend like some kind of broken record... (sigh!) Never mind, I hope you had a good weekend and it sounds like you did some fun things! Was going to see the Hunger Games myself but haven't got round to it yet.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 am

Well my Sunday was worse than Saturday....but only 5 weeks back in I have to give it a chance...

I liked what ibb(liz) said on Roxy's page....don't bring the stuff in the house, if you want it on the weekend you have to go for it...

Like I knew NOT to bring chips in my house..well the rest of it I dumped in the garbage right out of the bag, as I have been known in the past to dig stuff out of the garbage...I know most of us did...bingers all do...we are not above anything when it comes to the fix :)

Anyhow, my plan was to make cupcakes, keep a few in the house and take the rest to my daughter..well when I called her to tell her, she said the doctor put her 2 children on moderation diets; they are 10 and 7 and the doctor said they are obese...we'll I know they are chunky for sure, but that is such an ugly work....I'm obese as well, geeze can't they come up with something not so ulgy...

So I made the cupcake and froze quite a few of them..and ended up eating 4; maybe 5 of them..no frosting...unless it is homemade and not to sweet...but I don't make frosting :)

So today is Monday...have to put the last 2 days behind me...I feel fat and bloated and kind of disgusted....

This week will be my second round for 21 days...so I plan on being green...

Everyone have a good week...I need to get working out... :)

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 am

I hope the children do not KNOW they are on "moderation diets". hmmmm? I agree that IS an ugly word!

We can breathe a sigh of relief we made it to an N Day! :D Happy Monday!

Diets Don't Work.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm

yikes, "moderation diets"? i wish the doc had said another word....

i'm sorry your sunday wasn't awesome, but you did a few good positive things in throwing out the rest of the chips and freezing the majority of the cupcakes.

21 days baby! i'm starting another round today!

let's do it!
liz

determined

Post by determined » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Are ya covered in snow today???

Schools are closed here....snow days in April are such a bonus!

Hugs...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

KL

Post by KL » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:31 pm

"Nope not beating myself up, just looking ahead (feel a tad sick)...but I do have to give myself credit for the whole point up until I started my medium sized binge..and the fact I did not keep eating just to eat later in the evening...thinking oh no, I need to have dinner...well girll you had dinner All junk.. "

Yes, keep giving yourself credit - use your own advice. :wink: So hard to see the light when there is darkness - but the light is there shining bright - keep reaching for it. He will help you. :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Not bringing the stuff into the house is what I usually do, but last Wed someone gave us a whole box of Bon o bons. Peanut butter cream truffles with crisps then white chocolate on the outside. I should have listened to hubby who wanted to give them to our neighbors for the grand kids. I wanted to at least try them. They were kinda good, so I think I ate 7 of them this weekend, maybe 8! If they weren't in my house I would not have even had one! There were only a few left to give away. :oops:
Patty

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Yes but it sounds like you enjoyed them.
I prob would have done the same. :)

It's hard when people bring stuff. I want to try it out!
Maybe if there had only been about 2-3 around...to eat?

Easier said than done!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:00 pm

ya surely what i have found is this stuff, food had a voice that seems to just keep whispering...i'm here, over here, try me, just one, come on...you'll like it...and when we do, the voice is like a suction cup we can shake off..okay so i'm being silly, but we all know that little voice...the URGE they call him...

but overall patty, sounds like you did really well with NOT eating the whole box :)

so no more chip buying when i'm hungry..

AND the funny thing is the chips or cupcakes weren't all that great...could have been better...

have a green night everyone!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:50 am

Deb, They weren't that good, just kinda good and too sweet for my taste. I would never choose them as a treat. It's because they were there, and it was the weekend! I have a little store right across the street here, with lots of treats, and in 6 months I have only gone over there a couple times on the weekend to buy treats! It was the fact that they were in my house! You're right they do call your name or something!

Liz, Good idea, what I should have done is took out 2 or 3 for each of us and brought the rest right away down to my neighbor! I would have been just as happy with that!

:wink:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:18 am

It was a tad bit harder to get back on track yesterday...I seemed to be hungry more...but stuck to my 3 squares and woke up feeling content that I did have a green day... What helped to was knowing Friday will be the end of my 2nd 21 day challenge and Monday will be the start of a new..

This happened last time, crazy weekends, slips on Monday, etc. etc. then I would throw in the towel and give up.

I truly truly hope I don't follow that path again...

Anyway, thanks for stopping by,,I'll have to visit my friends here after work...running out of time and need to go workout..

Have a great day!

butterfly1000

Post by butterfly1000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:53 am

NoSnacker wrote:...but stuck to my 3 squares and woke up feeling content that I did have a green day...
Good for you for sticking to your 3 meals even though you we tempted to do otherwise! Keep it up!