Checking in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

pepper33

Checking in

Post by pepper33 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:28 am

I have been trying to do No S for awhile with more failures than successes, so I thought it might be wise to have some accountability and check-in on the discussion boards here. Today, a success. I was very irritable all day but I managed to avoid snacking.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 am

Hi welcome back...seems we started No S around same time (3 days apart) in 2011.

This is my 3rd attempt..if have a sec check out my post below there is a lot of good information there from others.

You can do it!!!

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9776

Another one "how long does it take" A lot of good feedback from others.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9784
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:35 am

Welcome pepper33!
For me checking in regularly was my main crutch at the beginning of NoS. Try is for a while :)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021