Blueskieslover check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

blueskieslover

Blueskieslover check in

Post by blueskieslover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:16 am

This journal will more than likely be one day behind (i hate that).

Days to complete:

Currently Completed:

A lot of my thinking for all these good habits revolves around only focusing on today. If I can get through today, I've succeeded. I'd like to change this to if I can through today without having this craving, or taking shortcuts I've succeeded. It's both the journey and the destination that matter.

jw

Post by jw » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:06 am

Welcome and well done, blueskieslover! One day at a time can grow into a strong habit!
"The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective." -- El Fug

blueskieslover

Post by blueskieslover » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:14 am

Thanks JW, it has definitely been a ride.

Days to complete:

Currently Completed:

Woohoo hit day 9. I find that my eating habbits are firmly set when it comes to work, but hardest to maintain on the weekends. All of my friends at work make fun of me for only eating sweets on my S day. Oh well :P

blueskieslover

Post by blueskieslover » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:33 am

Days to complete:

Currently Completed:

Boom! Double digits, oh yeah! Yesterday I spent some extra time at work but luckily was able to abstain from any type of sweets or snacking. It feels great to be able to do that! When I came home, I didn't feel like cooking much and ended up just eating an avocado. While filling I find my stomach growling this morning :P

blueskieslover

Post by blueskieslover » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Days to complete:

Currently Completed:

Another say, another no-s day! Or something like that :P Making good progress and definitely enjoying the feeling of knowing I'm not stuffing my face.

blueskieslover

Post by blueskieslover » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 am

Went through another day of No-S today after falling off the wagon for a bit. I already had my S-day, but I was super hungry after dinner and ended up eating some crackers. Meh, perfect is the enemy of a good plan.

blueskieslover

Post by blueskieslover » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:00 am

Another day of no-s, overall pretty good although I had some sweets for breakfast.

This isn't so bad...

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:55 am

Welcome back.

Important thing is your back to routine and each day you complete will strengthen the habits!
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)