December 21 day challenge!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mindfuleating

December 21 day challenge!

Post by mindfuleating » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:41 am

DAY 1: S day It's December 1 and I'm doing no s for the second time. I've done no s before and it works, however when I stopped doing some sort of daily recording, I lost focus. I'm beginning with a 21 day challenge to build the habit again. My starting weight is 200.5.

mindfuleating

Post by mindfuleating » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Day 2: another s day! Easy to start the challenge on sat. and sun. :D

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Welcome back to no s! There are several of us doing a December challenge on the General discussion page if you would like to join us for mutual support. Love No S! 8)
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

mindfuleating

Post by mindfuleating » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:29 am

Thanks Sweetness for the welcome. I will go check out the December challenge.
Day 3: SUCCESS :D

mindfuleating

Post by mindfuleating » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 am

Day 4: SUCCESS posting early for a successful no s day..had to drink some milk because of a weird schedule today I had lunch at 10:45. So just had dinner. 7 hours between lunch and dinner was tricky. I did it and even went to the gym this evening. All around a good day! :D

mindfuleating

Post by mindfuleating » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 am

Day 5: SUCCESS :)