Finding Peace

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sarahkay

Finding Peace

Post by sarahkay » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Hey No Sers!

I'm back after a lot of back and forth and false starts. I read a really inspiring post just now and thought if it worked for them it will work for me.

I am happy to be coming back to No S and find some peace. I still have to make an effort to not obsess about weight loss, dieting, etc, but it's getting better. :D

Ani33

Post by Ani33 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Welcom back sarah, hope you emjoy your new venture with No S
S/W - 174 (30th Oct 2012)
C/W - 174
G/W - 138
1st WI - Dec 07th

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome!

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:13 pm

11/7: SUCCESS!

Not bad at all! I didn't feel deprived really, and I looked forward to my meals. :)

eschano

!

Post by eschano » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Well done!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

11/8: SUCCESS!

Thanks eschano!

Today may or may not be an S day.... my S days tend to be Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. I have a feeling today will be an S day because I think my beau wants to bake together tonight :D but that is fine. If not, then my S days will be Saturday/Sunday.

Time to find a cute outfit for a day out with my darling! Have a great Friday No Sers!

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:37 pm

11/9 and 11/10: S Days

I took my S days on Friday and Saturday because of my beau and I really wanting cinnabon while at the mall haha! Plus, we made tortellini with alfredo sauce and it was sooo good and I knew I'd want seconds. Yesterday was also an S day, and I really didn't do anything different. I think I had an extra piece of bread at dinner but that was it. Part of me is panicking because I didn't get to have chocolate, and now I feel like I have to wait. But maybe it will be okay. As long as no chocolate crosses my path from a friend or work or something, I think I will be fine.

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:16 pm

11/11: Green

So far so good today. Looks like I'm in charge of dinner tonight. Still not sure what to make.

I think I need to drink more water. Sometimes I feel icky and want to turn to food but I think it is simply needing water. Just a thought. It's a habit I'd like to have as well.

I made chili cheese fries... okay not the healthiest meal but I did only have a plate. :)

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:12 pm

11/12: Red

My darling and I decided we wanted Mexican for lunch... well the restaurant we went to was soo nice and had delicious food and it was a huge amount of it. But it was soo good! I ended up eating a very large lunch... and then he baked cookies later so I had some cookies too. It was a red day, but not a bad day. Something I need to learn.

I mean yes, I wasn't planning on indulging, but I did, it was good, and as long as it doesn't turn into a week long indulgence or a regular habit of indulging on N days, it's okay. I had a great time going out with my beau and I'm not letting overeating and having a "red" day take that away from me. But, I do realize that in the future I can order something a little smaller or ask for a box to take part of it home. Or wait for an S day! Haha! :P

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:16 pm

11/13: Green

Going for green today! I indulged a lot yesterday, so today it feels good to eat "normally". I am feeling better about myself, too. I am still a kind young woman with pretty features and lots of love in my heart. My boyfriend loves me inside and out, and I should do the same. I don't judge him for not having a perfect body. I don't find him less attractive. I don't think anything about him like I do about myself. Why would I treat him better than myself? (No offense, honey!) Just some thoughts.

I intend to have a great day today. I will feel satisfied but not stuffed, and it wlll feel oh so good!

----------------------------------------------------

So later I ended up having a pretty large dinner... and a small cup of ice cream. Yes, technically that is a fail, but the fact that the small amount was enough is a huge step. I do not feel that I overate for the day and I still see it as green.