Grantmeserenity's 21 Days

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

grantmeserenity

Grantmeserenity's 21 Days

Post by grantmeserenity » Thu May 10, 2012 1:28 am

I am back. I was side tracked for awhile. I tried a bunch of rapid weight loss diets to lose weight fast. Unfortunately, I did just the opposite. No matter, I am starting fresh today.

Day 1 Success

Breakfast- plain oatmeal with small dab peanut butter and a banana
Lunch-2 egg sandwich with baby carrots
Dinner- A plate full of my grandma's cooking.

grantmeserenity

Day 2- Success

Post by grantmeserenity » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 am

Day 2 Success

Similar food as yesterday, except I had a tuna sandwich instead of an egg sandwich.
In the middle of an upsetting argument. Feeling a mixture of hunger and stomache upset. I normally would be triggered to binge, but I am choosing to talk to a supporting friend instead.

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 am

those are the most challenging moments! awesome alternative! :)

grantmeserenity

Post by grantmeserenity » Fri May 11, 2012 4:26 am

sarahkay wrote:those are the most challenging moments! awesome alternative! :)
Thanks sarahkay. The conversation was more of a reward than food could ever be.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 am

I've been going through some upsetting conversations this week too, and sometimes I have been successful not medicating with food and sometimes not - but it's about getting better at this over time, right? Hang in there and have a great Friday!

grantmeserenity

Post by grantmeserenity » Sat May 12, 2012 1:16 am

Amy3010 wrote:I've been going through some upsetting conversations this week too, and sometimes I have been successful not medicating with food and sometimes not - but it's about getting better at this over time, right? Hang in there and have a great Friday!
Yes, no one is perfect, even if it feels like we should be. Any improvement from the past is worth celebrating!

I hope you had a great Friday as well.

grantmeserenity

Day 3

Post by grantmeserenity » Sat May 12, 2012 1:21 am

Day 3 was a success

I had to do some virtual plating today because the salad dish had a huge bottom and not a lot of room inside it. I had to put it on the side unless I wanted lettuce for dinner. I would have looked weird rejecting the artistic bowl to put lettuce on my plate. I left a spot where the lettuce should be on the plate.

I am very hungry, but knowing that tommorow is an S day will keep my hunger animal behind bars for now. The argument is resolved, so I am more calm.

Another positive note is that I am getting back into running after an injury. I plan to run a half marathon September 30th. I love running. It truly is my therapy. It is hard to get up in the morning to do it, but when I do my day is markedly better.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:02 pm

I hear you on the running - me too!

determined

Post by determined » Sun May 13, 2012 1:59 pm

grantmeserenity wrote:
Yes, no one is perfect, even if it feels like we should be. Any improvement from the past is worth celebrating!
Well said!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh