Gobble's Check-In 2012

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gobble

Gobble's Check-In 2012

Post by Gobble » Wed May 02, 2012 5:48 am

Day 1 - Success - It was quite easy today, but I did put a lot on my plates. I am just concentrating on building habit right now....I know I will have to eventually eat less at each meal...but for now it is important for me to develop the habit.

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Thu May 03, 2012 6:32 am

Day 2 - Planned S Event (a birthday party) - I am counting this as a successful day.

I had 3 plates of food today and one slice of pie. And I actually could not finish my plate of food at supper and I had trouble finishing the piece of birthday pie.

eta: I take that back....I guess it turned into a S-day instead of S-event....I did have another slice of pie before bed.

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Fri May 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Day 3 - Success - 3 plates of food and that was all. Finding that it is not that hard yet...but I am pretty much putting on my plate what I want:

B-2 eggs, 1 toast, butter, jam, tea
L-tuna sandwich, chips, coffee, cream
D-tostada, tea

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Sat May 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Day 4 - Success

B-same
L-Bacon cheeseburger, fries, coffee, cream
D-2 buffalo chicken taquitos, broccoli

I start my S days on Fri after 5 so:

S- popcorn

Okay, the processed lunch (the taquito was homemade) and the popcorn did me in....I feel swollen this next morning.

I love the feel of just 3 plates and I am beginning to feel it when I load my plate too much. I love that my body is starting to tell me instead of my brain telling me I shouldn't do that because then I just might do it.

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Sun May 06, 2012 3:52 am

Day 5 An S-Day - Success

B-2 eggs, hash browns, 2 thin slices toast, jam, butter, tea
L-tuna sandwich, chips, broccoli, coffee, cream
D-same as breakfast

No sweets even though I could have one if I want.
I could probably not eat as much as I do and be fine...I should try it someday.
I am loving this way of eating...don't think I am losing but at least I'm not gaining.
Hope the less will come soon for me.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun May 06, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Gobble, thanks for stopping by my thread..I toooo am finding 3 squares is the only way to feeling good physically and mostly mentally... I still tend to beat myself up for the weekends though..so need to work on that...it all has to do with emotions all kinds of them :)

So have you been a No Sr since 2008? I did start in June 2011, but gave up in October...came back in March..just like quitting smoking, can't quit until you quit :)

Have a great week!!!!

Today is Sunday...hopefully not a repeat of Saturday...but Monday is just around the corner..

deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Gobble

Post by Gobble » Sun May 06, 2012 3:54 pm

I tried No S some years ago but, of course, I didn't give it enough time. Then I tried every diet including HCG. I lost about 25 pounds last year but gained 12 pounds back when I went on a couple of vacations this year.

This time it's really clicking....with the help of this forum. I am easing into it as far as eating a satisfying plate. But I eventually will reduce how much I put on it.

I love all the encouragement on this forum.