New Daily Check In!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bride

New Daily Check In!

Post by Bride » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:20 am

Well, I could go back to my old thread, but I feel like I just need to start a new one!

My life has been so, so crazy the past 2 months. I quit my job, had the holidays, and prepared to move to a new state. Now that I'm done with all of that, I know I don't have any excuses left to not go back to regularly posting my check in's. It hasn't gone well without them :(. I can tell I've gained weight over the past two months, and I don't even feel well. So tomorrow is the day I start following! Please encourage me :-/
Not even married. But I have a Husband who rejoices over me. Isaiah 62:5

Colossians 2:20-3:4 is why I don't diet. Want my HEART to change. Doing NoS to learn discipline by His grace. Grace motivated effort. Not TO BE loved. But BECAUSE I'm loved.

Bride

Post by Bride » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:50 am

Day #1: Success. Well, first day back went well! I actually only ate two meals today, but I was full. It's so nice to have some sanity again.

Colossians 2:20-3:4 is why I don't diet. Want my HEART to change. Doing NoS to learn discipline by His grace. Grace motivated effort. Not TO BE loved. But BECAUSE I'm loved.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 am

Good to see you are back. Try not to be too restrictive at the beginning or you may tire quickly. It is fine to only have 2 meals if that is what works for you, but too much of that would make me overeat later.

Good luck!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Bride

Post by Bride » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:49 am

Day #2: Success. I ate three meals today, all pretty well contained. SANITY!!! :-D