Joyofsix's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Joyofsix

Joyofsix's Check In

Post by Joyofsix » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:10 pm

So I'm recommitting since I crept up a couple pounds over the holidays. Trying to stick to Vanilla No S for a bit to jumpstart things.

Breakfast:2 pancakes w/blueberries
Lunch:1/2 can tomato soup, ham sandwich
Dinner:(planned) salad, green beans, pasta, clementine
Lisa, mom to 7

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Welcome back so glad to see you here!!!!

Joyofsix

Post by Joyofsix » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

Well, yesterday was a mess.
B-1slice toast w/ butter. I had a migraine and only ate it so I could stomach my meds.
L-1can clam chowder. I felt better but had an appointment so bolted it down
THEN-I ate Goldman crackers my kids were having about 2pm
D-fried potatoes and ham but I ate 2 helpings :oops:
To totally screw up I had two rochet chocolates after supper. :roll:
Today is a new day, right?
Lisa, mom to 7

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Keep plugging away....no plan is easy...this just makes sense. It does help for me to say not now but later instead of NEVER! When it comes to sweets.