Finally ready to loose this weight - knit 247's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

iknit247

Finally ready to loose this weight - knit 247's Check In

Post by iknit247 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 am

Hi! I am "new" here - posted once or twice before last spring, but didn't do NoS longer than two weeks. After all of the baking (and taste-testing!) I have done in the past week, I am close to my "all-time high" and about 10 lbs. over where I was just a few months ago. I am miserable in this body and finally ready - almost 8 years later - to loose the "baby weight" for good :roll: I decided yesterday that there was no way I was waiting until Jan. 1st - this needs to happen now. So, here I go!
~iknit247

Started 13 Feb. '12
220/220/140

determined

Post by determined » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:51 am

FIrst of all, I love your username! I'm a knitter too. If I could learn to knit while I do other things, I'd be so happy! I'd rather knit than do the laundry or make dinner, or ESPECIALLY instead of cleaning!

I've done NoS on & off for a few years & in June I just said, "Enough". I've been consistently fighting this battle and sticking to this plan since then. I've had a dysfunctional relationship with food all my life and I can honestly say that I'm finally winning this. When I decided that trusting this plan was far better than doing what I'd been doing for decades, I started making true progress.

I wish you much success!

janie
P.S. Have you read the book? It's a great resource...
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Nice to "meet" you.

(I'm a knitter, too.)

iknit247

Post by iknit247 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks, y'all! If I would just knit instead of eat :P G/L to you both!
~iknit247

Started 13 Feb. '12
220/220/140

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 am

Welcome!

(Another knitter.)