DAILY CHRONICLE'S

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3-0-7 girl

DAILY CHRONICLE'S

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 pm

I wanted to start a daily check in to keep accountable and for the history of it that I can go back to.

Also I of course want input from all you guys in this community. :P

This morning I decided to sleep a little bit longer and eat breakfast in the car on my way to work. I have a 20 minute drive in good weather. I had a package of 2 granola bars and a handful of salted almonds + a cheese stick for a little more protein. I am juvenile diabetic so try to be sure I get protein at every meal, it really makes a difference for me. I am one that enjoys eating breakfast in the car. I take a route to work that I call the backroads of Moracco LOL. So I can enjoy every bite and listen to music and enjoy the trees etc. 8)

Lunch today was a slice of home-made french bread with mayo, provolone cheese, and some hard salami on it (open face) + about 10 corn chips.

Afternoon about 4:30 I had one of my shot's of orange juice because my blood sugar was tooooo low. I always use juice for this and don't eat food to bring it up between meals.

Dinner tonight was home-made manicotti, half a home-made breadstick with a little bit of butter, some green beans and a little bit of my b-day cake 4 bites. YUMMMM

I do break my sweets up into little bites once a day after lunch or dinner and maintain 3 meals a day with no snacks, or seconds 7 days a week. If I have a day or two where I snack or eat more than a few bites of a sweet I just cut lose and go hog wild and have huge trouble getting back on track. SO, I like to keep it consistent 24-7.

I stay pretty darn busy at work I am a paralegal and it's a busy firm. I am finding that I am not even thinking of food 1/2 as much as I used to. I don't miss the snacks and am enjoying having a little bit of acid being produced in my stomach by time for a meal, the food taste soooo much better.
Last edited by 3-0-7 girl on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)

3-0-7 girl

Sept 8th 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Today I ate breakfast on the way to work again. Granola bars and a handful of salted almonda & a cheesestick. YUM 8)

Lunch was a sandwich on french bread (small peices) with mayo, provolone cheese and hard salami. Also the big dip corn chips about 10 & a small pecan shortbread cookie. YUMMMY :D

Just finished dinner it was a small peice of salisbury steak, a few steak fries and some mixed vegetables. Real good. :wink:

It's been a good day food wise. I am totally not pre-occupied with food. This is day six and I couldn't be happier about this whole plan.
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)

3-0-7 girl

09-09-11

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Today was portable breakfast on the move!! LOL :P I like that. Nature Valley granola bars, handful of salted almonds. I actually have the bars and a big bag of nuts in my car so I don't even have to get it out the night before :wink:

Lunch was a sandwich again still on the provolone cheese and hard salami with mayo and corn chips! Good and I like it too.

Tonight was pizza, I had 3 small squares of it and two little bite size oatmeal cookies and my little glass of wine. Really enjoyed every bite.

I feel soooo set free already from the grip of food/eating. It's been just awesome. :D :) :o :lol: 8) :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Sept 10 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:33 pm

This a.m. breakfast came late since it's big Saturday. Had a bagel with peanutbutter and blueberry jam + 3 strips of baccon. YUM YUM

Lunch was my now infamous tuna cole slaw with crackers. Love it with plenty of mayo :wink:

Dinner was a grilled chicken burger on bread with mayo some pork skins grapes & melon and two bite size oatmeal rasin cookies. Had my little glass of wine too.

I was buying a few things at Foods For Living yesterday after work and it crossed my mind how great a feeling it is to once again be able to buy a box of cookies and know they'll last 2 weeks. How great it is again to be able to buy a bag of six bagels and know they'll last six days. How good it is to be able to have food in the cupboards, fridge and on the shelf and know if it says there is 6 servings it'll probably last six days. :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Sept 14th 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 pm

I am still here stilll doing NO S!!! I had a few days off the net because the power company accidently cut the fiber optic line that goes to our house when they were fixing a blown out transformer. I was reading on the cell phone but not so good at posting from that.

Today breakfast was 2 Nature Valley Granola Bars and some grapes, salted almonds and I ate it on the way to work.

Lunch was tuna salad sandwich on french bread and lays pickle chips.

Dinner was an Italian sausage, rice noodles and broccli and 2 bites of brownie. YUM YUM 8)

I am really getting settled into this routine and loving it! Not counting carbs, calories, fat grams, or protein grams is such a relief :)
3-0-7 girl

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 am

Hi 307 and welcome to No S. It sounds like you are doing really great so far and enjoying it too. You are really off to a great start. I think this diet will be good for your diabetes too. I may steal your idea of a bite of sweet every day 7 days a week. Not strictly No S but will probably help with the binging on weekends. Keep up the good work.
I'm baaaack.

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Pangelsue2 wrote:Hi 307 and welcome to No S. It sounds like you are doing really great so far and enjoying it too. You are really off to a great start. I think this diet will be good for your diabetes too. I may steal your idea of a bite of sweet every day 7 days a week. Not strictly No S but will probably help with the binging on weekends. Keep up the good work.
This worked great for the juvenile diabetes when I did it for a few years before. My blood sugars became very stabelized.

I do better just keeping to the 3 meals a day every day and breaking the bites of sweets up thru the week as well. One of the biggest reasons this mod really works so well for me is the Juvenile Diabetes. Eating larger volumes of especially carbohydrates on weekend days really upsets the apple cart on my blood sugar. 8) Keeping consistent on meals, amounts and carbs is really key to my success.
3-0-7 girl

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 pm

I tried for a while eating just a small dessert every night but then I felt guilty because it wasn't vanilla No S. I must say it did work well for me. I wasn't feeling so deprived all week and using the weekend to satisfy ever craving I fought off all week long. Best of luck to both of us with this idea.
I'm baaaack.

3-0-7 girl

Sept 15th

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:40 pm

This a.m. on the way to work I had a bagel & 3 strips of baccon & a few grapes + handful of salted almonds. :wink: YUM Enjoyed the ride on the back roads and the trees and the CD I was listening to.

Lunch today was a salami and cheese on rice bread with may & big dip corn chips.

Dinner tonight was GREAT, a chicken wrap with peppers and onions + some rice and cheese and a couple bites of brownie. :P

This has been a very good day with food. I completely forgot about food and eating almost all afternoon and that's huge for me.

I am getting a better idea of how much to eat to keep me going to the next meal and have some hunger starting up about an hour before I eat.
3-0-7 girl

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:46 am

Welcome to No S, I am also pretty new, just completed 26 days. You have an interesting variation, I would need the S days. Are you planning to have S days ever? You seem to be doing well. Keep it up!
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:03 am

Thank you so much for stopping by my post to say hi! I'm glad you like the scriptures.

You are doing wonderful...isn't the sanity wonderful!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Sweetness wrote:Welcome to No S, I am also pretty new, just completed 26 days. You have an interesting variation, I would need the S days. Are you planning to have S days ever? You seem to be doing well. Keep it up!
Actually no I am not planning on that ever. That would make my blood sugar unstable and I'd have peaks and valleys and need more insulin and yadda, yaddda :wink:

Before NO S was ever offically created I had done the 3-0-7 for several years and had fantastic success. The juvenile diabetes was very stable durng that time also. 8)
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:36 pm

NoSnacker wrote:Thank you so much for stopping by my post to say hi! I'm glad you like the scriptures.

You are doing wonderful...isn't the sanity wonderful!
OH MY the sanity is priceless! :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Sept 16th

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Yesterday was a bagel, grapes, almonds, 3 strips of baccon for breakfast.

Lunch was a salami and cheese sandwich with mayo and corn chips.

Dinner we had home made pizza I had two squares and four bites of brownie YUM YUM

Yesterday I hada lotof what I call head hunger thinking between breakfast and lunch. After lunch it was gone. I know that undereating at a meal is the chief contributor to this state of mind. However I didn't feel as if I'd undereaten at breakfast at all. I stayed strong thru it and worked and made it to til lunch
3-0-7 girl

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Re: Sept 16th

Post by Sweetness » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

3-0-7 girl wrote:Yesterday was a bagel, grapes, almonds, 3 strips of baccon for breakfast.

Lunch was a salami and cheese sandwich with mayo and corn chips.

Dinner we had home made pizza I had two squares and four bites of brownie YUM YUM

Yesterday I hada lotof what I call head hunger thinking between breakfast and lunch. After lunch it was gone. I know that undereating at a meal is the chief contributor to this state of mind. However I didn't feel as if I'd undereaten at breakfast at all. I stayed strong thru it and worked and made it to til lunch
good for you! It does look like you had enough for breakfast. When that happens to me it can be hormones or stress as well.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

3-0-7 girl

Re: Sept 16th

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:14 pm

good for you! It does look like you had enough for breakfast. When that happens to me it can be hormones or stress as well.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by 8)
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Sept 17th

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Today was breakfast being a bagel, with peanut butter, butter, and blueberry jam. YUM

Lunch was oatmeal, almonds and a shake made with vanilla protein powder yum yum, like those but don't have them often.

Dinner was BBQ chicken, french fried potatoes, salad with Vadilla dressing and some crackers and 2 bite size otameal cookies

Watched a movie on Showtime today and plan to watch TV tonight. Never been one that felt like I needed to eat while watching TV so that's not a problem.

Feels just great to be free of diets/healthy eating rules/and binges. :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Sept 18th 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Breakfast was a bagel with blueberry jam, peanutbutter, and butter YUMMY

Lunch was salami on a bagel with grapes and 2 mini bite size choco chip cookies

Dinner spaghetti with meat sauce, buttered broccli, 2 slices warm bread with butter and a oatmeal rasin bar (homemade) Small glass red wine

Thought about a snack today in the afternoon but then it entered my mind, I was not a bit hungry and I had breakfast and lunch so was well fed and didn't need anything + dinner was in a couple of hours. 8)
3-0-7 girl

Sweetness

Re: Sept 18th 2011

Post by Sweetness » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:49 am

3-0-7 girl wrote: Thought about a snack today in the afternoon but then it entered my mind, I was not a bit hungry and I had breakfast and lunch so was well fed and didn't need anything + dinner was in a couple of hours. 8)
you are doing GREAT!!! :P
Patty

3-0-7 girl

Re: Sept 18th 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Sweetness wrote:
3-0-7 girl wrote: Thought about a snack today in the afternoon but then it entered my mind, I was not a bit hungry and I had breakfast and lunch so was well fed and didn't need anything + dinner was in a couple of hours. 8)
you are doing GREAT!!! :P
Thanks Sweetness I appreiate the cheers and the feedback a lot 8)
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:36 am

Breakfast was the stand by granola bars, grapes and almonds this a.m. and it was good too. Love having a standard stable breakfast.

Lunch was tuna salad sandwhich, corn chips, and a diet coke

Dinner crock pot chicken/carrots/noodles/beans & few bites of un-iced white cake I like cake with no icing

I was so steady today!!! NO head hunger, busy at work didn't think about food. LOVE IT :lol:
3-0-7 girl

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:19 am

8)
Patty

3-0-7 girl

Sept 21 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:12 pm

We've had the DSL/internet guys back out here working on the lines (outside the house) so that's kept me from posting a day :(

SO I AM BACK FOR THE ATTACK :!: :!: :!: :!:

Breakfast: Granola bars, salted almonds, grapes :wink: YUMMEEEEEE

Lunch: Cheese sandwhich, big dip corn chips, leftover cole slaw and a diet coke :P

Dinner: Chicken fried rice, salad with Vadilla Dressing and 3 bites of choco chip cookie REAL GOOD

I love this. I just had to weigh and see how I am doing even though it's not been even a full 21 days yet. LOST SIX POUNDS :idea: :idea: wooo whooo

Yes it will likely slow to 2-4 lbs a month after the first month but this is still a real positive motivator :D

It was a fact for a number of years and still is today when I eat 3 meals a day nothing in between and keep sweets to meals and small I lose weight. I don't have to weigh and measure the food, don't have to eat low fat, high fat, low carb, high carb, vegan, or paleolithic. It just works.
3-0-7 girl

ksbrowne

Post by ksbrowne » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:01 am

Hi, just wanted to tell you that you're doing great!!! And I love reading your daily check-in because you're so positive.

Also, I do the exact same thing you do; 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. A few bites of something sweet after dinner. I enjoy having a small treat every day. And I enjoy not snacking and not taking seconds, so I continue doing that on weekends, too.

Must confess, though, that sometimes it's a little hard for me to stop after only 1 or 2 small cookies. This doesn't seem to be a problem for you. How do you stop yourself going back for more cookies?

Best of luck to you.
Kathy
Last edited by ksbrowne on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:36 am

I love driving the back roads.

Congratulations on your successes.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:04 am

Keep it up!! :D
Patty

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:38 pm

If I break pace and start to snack on the weekends it could take me days to get back on track + it would upset the apple cart on the JD blood sugar readings. Far better for me to stick to the 3 meals a day no snacks 7 days a week! :idea:

I always want more cookie. My secret is and has been my whole life that if I wait just few minutes sometimes as little as 10, the desire goes a way and I don't want more cookie. Sounds too easy but it really works :wink:

ksbrowne wrote:Hi, just wanted to tell you that you're doing great!!! And I love reading your daily check-in because you're so positive.

Also, I do the exact same thing you do; 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. A few bites of something sweet after dinner. I enjoy having a small treat every day. And I enjoy not snacking and not taking seconds, so I continue doing that on weekends, too.

Must confess, though, that sometimes it's a little hard for me to stop after only 1 or 2 small cookies. This doesn't seem to be a problem for you. How do you stop yourself going back for more cookies?

Best of luck to you.
Kathy
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Aren't those back roads the bomb :?: :!: :idea: :D

Who Me? wrote:I love driving the back roads.

Congratulations on your successes.
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Sweetness wrote:Keep it up!! :D
Happy to be here

Like your scriptures too :)
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Sept 25th

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Breakfast today b4 I went to Mass was a Protein Smootie and 3 strips of baccon and it was very good

Lunch A spinach & feta cheese chicken pattie on bread and some new veggie chips I got at SAMs Club this weekend and a salad with cheese and baccon bits on it with my favorite Vadillia Onion dressing, a bite size snicker doodle cookie :P TASTEY

Dinner: Little bigger tonight 3 pieces of pizza, a black cherry jello square and 3-4 bites of brownie. IT WAS AWESOME too. 8)

Been thinking about exercise. Thinking is as far as I have gotten LOL. Part of me ask the question how many naturally thin people that eat regular foods do I know that work out to keep their weight down? Few is the answer. Part of me says moderate exercise is good for the health and makes you feel better don't do it to lose weight. Then I get on the Yoga thing. I love Yoga, like doing it. Have a ton of tapes and CD's I can do. SO, do what you love, right? Ah, we'll see
3-0-7 girl

gk

Re: Sept 25th

Post by gk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:09 am

3-0-7 girl wrote:Part of me says moderate exercise is good for the health and makes you feel better don't do it to lose weight. Then I get on the Yoga thing. I love Yoga, like doing it. Have a ton of tapes and CD's I can do. SO, do what you love, right? Ah, we'll see
I just started doing yoga, alternating with pilates, two weeks ago. LOVE IT. It's been a LONG time since I've exercised, so I'm finding it to be a gentler way to ease back into it. And you know what? I feel SO much better when I do it. Monday through Friday.....I make time for it during the day, just as I would any other task that HAS to be done....no excuses. However, now I actually look forward to it every day......it feels like a treat. Imagine that!?!?!
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

ksbrowne

Post by ksbrowne » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:45 pm

I wear a pedometer and try to get 10,000 steps a day. Don't always make it. But I find that it really does help me keep my weight down.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks for your encouragement on my daily post...I'm hoping to get back on track today...was on a very icy slop!

You are doing great!!

p.s. I do love to exercise...walk/ellpitical even when I'm not doing so well with the food..it just makes one feel so good..
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:18 pm

hope you week is going well!!!!!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

3-0-7 girl

exercise

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Hello!!! I am still thinking about exercise. I am considering Yoga & Weights. I have everything anyone could need to get going on both too. Different size weights, barbell, leg weights that can be adjusted to any amount, bench, books, videos and a vcr that still works a yoga matt, strap, props the works!!! SO, needing to get equipment is not stopping me LOL.

I have considered doing Upper Body one day and Lower Body the next day and some Yoga daily. Start with like 20 minutes weights and 10 Yoga. :mrgreen:

What I have to do now is stop just planning, thinking and reading about it and DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Be back later on to post my food for the day.
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Oct 2nd 2011

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:07 pm

breakfast: Shake made with almond milk, brown rice protein powder, teaspoon instant coffee and peanutbutter GOOOOOD and instant oatmeal

lunch: half a turkey sandwich with mayo and lettuce, few salsa chips, some trail mix

dinner: bratwurst (turkey) peas/corn mixed few bites of pineapple jello and a small baked potato with butter

Still plan to do at least upper body weights tonight!! Gotta start sometime! :shock:
3-0-7 girl

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:32 pm

Sounds like your doing good!!!!
I have decided to eat only three meals a day including weekends too. my mod for that is to tack my desert onto my meal on the weekends. :wink:
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:24 am

Glad you had a good weekend, I did too! Keep it up! :P
Patty

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:37 pm

snapdragon wrote:Sounds like your doing good!!!!
I have decided to eat only three meals a day including weekends too. my mod for that is to tack my desert onto my meal on the weekends. :wink:
AWESOME SOUNDS GREAT KEEP ME POSTED HOW THIS IS WORKING FOR YA
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Sweetness wrote:Glad you had a good weekend, I did too! Keep it up! :P
THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!!!
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

10-10-11

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Breakfast today was a boiled egg and a sausage pattie and man alive was it ever good :P

Lunch today was a provolone cheese and salami sandwich with mayo, blue corn chips, and 2 bites of chocolate cookie, yum yum yum :D

Dinner was grilled pork and it was the best pork I have had in a while now, noodles, peas & carrots, and two bites of brownie. Lip smacking good :lol:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

10/11/11

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:51 pm

breakfast today was Nature Valley Granola bar, 2 boiled eggs pretty good

lunch was just now a grilled chicken sandwich, blue corn chips, 2 bites chocolate cookie YUMMIE :wink:

Be back to report dinner after I eat it :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 am

OK EEE DOKEEEE How is everyone today?

Breakfast: Nature Valley Granola Bars/boiled egg/sausage tastey :)

Lunch: grilled chicken sandwich with mayo/blue corn chips/2 mini bite choco cookies/diet coke

Dinner: 2 chicken legs (fat juicey ones)/broccli & corn mix/cheesey bread stick/white rice/diet coke/2 mini bite cookies

I love being ready for a meal when I eat. I'm able to really enjoy the flavors, textures, and taste of the food. I start hungry and end satisfied. AMAZING!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:46 pm

3-0-7 girl wrote:OK EEE DOKEEEE How is everyone today?

Breakfast: Nature Valley Granola Bars/boiled egg/sausage tastey :)

Lunch: grilled chicken sandwich with mayo/blue corn chips/2 mini bite choco cookies/diet coke

Dinner: 2 chicken legs (fat juicey ones)/broccli & corn mix/cheesey bread stick/white rice/diet coke/2 mini bite cookies

I love being ready for a meal when I eat. I'm able to really enjoy the flavors, textures, and taste of the food. I start hungry and end satisfied. AMAZING!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I'm doing great, getting used to a new mealtime schedule here in Mexico. (9AM breakfast, 2 or 3 PM dinner, 8 or 9PM light supper) We just arrived Tuesday night. I love being hungry at mealtimes too!!
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm glad I found your check-in thread. I think I need some version of 3-0-7. I've gotten so used to not having sweets during the week that I don't want to go back, but I understand your reasons for having a very moderate amount every day. I hope the reason you haven't been around for awhile is that things are so darn easy!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:13 pm

I've been around posting on other threads. :mrgreen:
3-0-7 girl

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Decided to post my daily meals again (for a few days at least LOL)

breakfast
Nature Valley Granola Bar
5 True North bites

lunch
Swiss & Corn Beef Sandwich
Corn Chips
Chocolate Mini cookies 2

dinner
Mac and Cheese Caserole
Salad
Hanukkah leftover Fruit and Nut bar

I had thoughts today about eating 3 meals and nothing else being stupid. I eat too much at the meals. I should eat 6 small meals. :twisted:

Then it came to me, that all that would happen is I'd be eating the same 3 meals PLUS adding more fat/calories/carbs/protein/salt/sugar to my daily intake. In no way would I be improving the situation. I would be thinking about food more, eating more, talking about eating more, shopping for more food, and my blood sugar would just go up and I'd need more insulin!!! :roll: :oops:

NO THANKS, don't want all that!!! :roll:
3-0-7 girl

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:13 am

It's funny how our minds mess with us.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:52 am

breakfast Nature Valley Granola Bar/5 bites True North dixie cup OJ

lunch Big Scoop Corn Chips & humus dip & 2 cheesesticks chocolate cookie bites

dinner
Salmon/mixed salad/bread/fruit bar left from Hanukkah

This afternoon I was tired, had enuff of the project I was working on, and thought once again that I need to be eating smaller more frequent meals to break things up.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will not work for me. I'll just wind up eating MORE.

Also was thinking about the fact that in my ongoing project of interviewing/observing/hanging out with naturally thin people and seeing how they eat, they go long periods of time without eating. Example: There is one in the office right kitty corner to mine and I can see him all day. He eats a granola bar in the morning and doesn't touch food again until around 1:30 or later when he eats lunch. I know his wife is a nurse and gets home late and they don't eat dinner until around 8-9 at night too. He never ever eats anything between the meals, unless it's a time where we' have gone out after work or a ballgame at someone's house or to shoot pool and he'll have a handful of popcorn or pretzels. Very very little.
3-0-7 girl