Overly Beige's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

overly beige

Overly Beige's Daily Check In

Post by overly beige » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:44 pm

9/8/11: SUCCESS
9/7/11: FAILURE
9/6/11: FAILURE
9/5/11: SUCCESS
9/4/11: SDAY
9/3/11: SDAY
9/2/11: SUCCESS
9/1/11: SUCCESS
8/31/11 SUCCESS
8/30/11: SUCCESS
8/29/11: SUCCESS
8/28/11: SDAY
8/27/11: SDAY
8/26/11:SUCCESS
8/25/11: SUCCESS
The over examined life ain't that great either.
Anonymous

overly beige

Post by overly beige » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:13 am

9/6/11 was a failure in two ways. One is that I ate an ice cream cone on a weekday. The other is that I told myself I was going to go on a different diet and mentally gave myself an in between diets "free zone". The good news is that I got right back on the nosdiet at the next meal and immediately dropped the idea of switching to a different diet. Next time I am faced with that I would prefer that I just honestly know that I am having a sweet despite it being a weekday and that I will need to consider it a failure, no fanciful justification.
9/7/11 I had a headache that I had trouble geting rid of and decided to drink a pepsi to help get rid of the headache. I contemplated not calling it a failure but decided that I am ok with it. I did not use this as an excuse to deviate in any way the rest of the diet and the pepsi did help with the headache.
Anonymous

overly beige

Post by overly beige » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:32 am

Not checking in daily but I have been sticking to things. Overall things have been going well, mostly green and yellow days. I've lost a little weight as well.
Anonymous

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Nice to "meet" you.

overly beige

Post by overly beige » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks Who Me.

I have decided to use habit cal for my daily check in instead of here, so I will probably post more like monthly here.
Anonymous

determined

Post by determined » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi Overly Beige...

Just look at all those green days!!! Unfortunately, but I look at my calendars & see the red first....but what I should be looking at is the green & yellow AFTER the red days. You got right back up & moved on....and when you look at your days, you mentioned the green & yellow first - good for you!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh