Sweetness' "daily" check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:17 am

Today is day 18 and an S day It's a good day but I still want something and don't have it here... Soft serve ice cream. I'm eating some fresh fruit instead and that's helping, a lot.
:lol:
B- green smoothie, 2 little eggs and a quesadilla with cheddar, grated hard cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
snack- 2 squares dark chocolate
dinner- Homemade popcorn with butter, ice cream cone.
Supper- Picadillo (rice, ground beef, onions, bell peppers, potatoes, mixed veggies, olives, raisins)
fresh tomato and cucumber.
Snack- 1 square dark chocolate, fresh tropical fruit mix
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 am

You are doing so great!! :mrgreen:
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 am

That looks like such a yummy, and healthy S day!!
When nothing goes right...go left.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 pm

You go girl! Looking forward to the day when I can have ONE square of chocolate and call it good!
Great job!
Liz

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:47 pm

lbb, no snacker, SkyKitty, Thanks for your encouraging comments.

Last night after I posted I found some cookies that I had saved from the breakfast Friday. I ate 3 of them! I had cravings on cravings for that ice cream and cookies didn't help!! I had also had a glass of milk with vanilla and stevia. I didn't realize till morning what my problem was. Thought it must be hormones. But I slept all night. My bladder doesn't hold much, and I always wake up at least two times and have to go to the bathroom..... I was THIRSTY last night! I had eaten (salty) popcorn for lunch and only a half bottle of water with it. Nothing else to drink till supper, then a cup of water... It's very hot here, and I didn't realize I was thirsty.

Note to SELF- Next time you have a craving, ask yourself, "Are you thirsty?"
LOL!! :lol:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 am

That happens to me a lot too - I am craving something but it turns out I am just really thirsty! I have also had where I was thinking I was hungry but I was actually cold, and just putting on some warmer clothes sorted me out.
Good luck for the upcoming week!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:07 am

Wow that is true, I'll have to watch for thirst verses hunger...good observation....

I will have to make sure I try that, although is it really not hot here :)

Have a great week..

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Amy3010 wrote:That happens to me a lot too - I am craving something but it turns out I am just really thirsty! I have also had where I was thinking I was hungry but I was actually cold, and just putting on some warmer clothes sorted me out.
Good luck for the upcoming week!
Amy,
I'll have to remember about being cold, we go back to Minnesota next week! So often I look to food for comfort.

Deb, It does get hot in the summer there right? I did get my vanilla soft serve yesterday. My hubby and I walked over to the Wallmart where there is a McDonalds, about a mile away so I did get a good walk too.
8)

Yesterday was Day 19 and an S-day. It helps me to know I'm going to post what I ate, so my S-day doesn't go wild.
Breakfast- green smoothie, granola, milk
Dinner- yummy lettuce salad, organic spring mix, carrots, cukes, tomato,celery, croutons, Caesar dressing. Leftover picadillo.
snacks- soft serve ice cream cone, handful of mixed nuts, 2 squares dk chocolate.
Supper- veggie sticks, 2 tostadas with picadillo.

Today is day 20, then one more to go before I join the 21 day club again!
Breakfast- green smoothie, a little picadillo.
Din- at my friend's house; fresh fruit (papaya, mango, melon, zapote) with yogurt and a little honey. two tacos with green mole and chicken, beans. handful of mixed nuts.
Supper- Tuna melt and small salad
Today was SUCCESS! ! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 pm

okay, :) it does get hot only in the summer :) which can be very short...

i love md's ice cream....i have a dairy queen right up the road from me...fun wow...

have a great day...

smiley!

gk

Post by gk » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 am

Sweetness wrote:Today is day 20, then one more to go before I join the 21 day club again!
Wow! You're just a blur of green these days! What would you say is helping you the most on this long streak of green? Any tips that you might suggest??

Keep it up! You're doing GREAT!! :D
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:45 am

NoSnacker wrote:okay, :) it does get hot only in the summer :) which can be very short...

i love md's ice cream....i have a dairy queen right up the road from me...fun wow...

have a great day...

smiley!
I'm sure it's a lot like Minnesota. Usually gets hot in the summer. My son said it was snowing a little this morning!! Brrrrr.... :roll:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 am

gk wrote:
Sweetness wrote:Today is day 20, then one more to go before I join the 21 day club again!
Wow! You're just a blur of green these days! What would you say is helping you the most on this long streak of green? Any tips that you might suggest??

Keep it up! You're doing GREAT!! :D
The accountability helps, I decided to write down here everything I eat.... and then knowing I have to start my 21 days over if I fail! I really want to say I did 21 days and post in the 21 day club. Also habit does kick in after a while. I almost had to declare today a special day, my friend started to pull out food 2 hours before my regular dinner. I knew I won't see her again for 6 months, so I wanted to stay. I just had an early dinner. I did say no to Jello even though I love it. I just told her I can only eat jello on the weekends. :)
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks for stopping by on my check-in and - wow - you are almost at 21 days - good for you! I aspire to that, too...
I'm glad you managed to work around having an early dinner with your friend - sometimes wanting to be a good friend can make things complicated on the food front, but sounds like you handled it well. I will have to remember that - I am meeting up with friends twice next week and a bit apprehensive about it, which is silly, right?

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:08 am

Whowwhooooo!!!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Thanks Patty, I take comfort in knowing, yes some day the S days will calm down..what do I have to lose? Weight of course, be it 2 years or 5 years..better than gaining!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:55 am

Today is Day 21 and it is SUCCESS!!! :mrgreen:

B-- green smoothie, two little eggs, toast with butter
din-- tuna Florentine (tuna, spinach, onion, sour cream, cheddar, noodles) Salad. Mixed nuts.
Sup leftover tuna florentine. Fresh tomato, carrot, radish.
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:25 am

Congratulations, Patty! :mrgreen:

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 am

You go girl...congrats!!!!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Amy, Deb, Thank you!

Yesterday I had to declare a NWS day because the Healing Rooms team in Mexico city decided to buy cakes and cookies and have a goodbye party for us. I can't say no to sweets that are in my honor.

B-- Green smoothie, 2 quesadillas, a little leftover picadillo
Din-- roasted chicken, rice, cabbage and carrot salad, beans, tortilla, tostada
Party- choc cake, cheesecake, 2 sugar wafers
Supper- papaya, grapes, carrots, cucumber, 1/2 turkey and cheese sandwich, 1/4 c. plain yogurt :wink:
Patty

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Patty! You're doing great!! :D :D

Have a safe and happy journey back to the US!!
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

gk

Post by gk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 am

Way to go, Patty!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:26 am

Roxy, Gk, Thanks!!!

Today, is a SUCCESS!!!

B- papaya, apple, 3 tinga tostadas (chicken, chipotles, onions, sour cream and grated cheese)
Din-- green smoothie. chicken milanesa. sauteed onions, red peppers, portabellas. Salad with romain, fresh beets, tomatoes, carrots, celery, croutons, caesar dressing.
Sup-- 2 small quesadillas, papaya, apple.

:mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Glad you ordered the book...it is like a 6 weeks, daily tasks...the first one is to write out your reasons for wanting to lose weight..and then twice a day read them, especially before your most dangerous times that a binge might sneak in...on some post it notes jot do a few and put them all over the place...that will get you started :)

I did it before, but didn't do it by the day as suggested..I tried to squeeze it all in fast like I do everything else..

Keep up the good work..you are doing it..making a new habit for life!
Last edited by NoSnacker on Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:15 am

Thanks Deb! Looking forward to the book, 6 weeks- I'll see if I can. We'll be so busy when we get back!

Today was a SUCCESS!!!

B-- 2 little eggs, quesadilla, green smoothie

Din-- small piece of chicken, macaroni with onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers, sour cream and seasonings (YUM!) veggie stix

Sup-- quesadilla with turkey ham an an egg, salad with lots of veggies. apple
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 am

Patty, thanks for your support yesterday, even though it ended up being a fail, I think I learned something and will remember your suggestion for next time!

I have that Beck Diet Solution book, too, and it has a lot of really good suggestions. I should get mine off the shelf and re-read some of it!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Amy, thanks for stopping by.

Looking forward to a nice date day today. We're going to see Titanic this afternoon, and then out for tacos. I'm speaking tomorrow at our church. I have to hurry now and get my notes in order, enough internet stuff already! :roll:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:08 am

Hey Patty, I'm sure your sermon will be great :)

I saw the movie Titanic, did you go see the original movie or did a new one come out? Very sad ending :)

Went to see The Hunger Games...everyone at work was raving about the books, so I read it first...but the book was much much better, the movie missed a lot and twisted some of the books truths up a bit...funny to notice the differences.

Have a great Sunday...preach on Sista!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Deb, My teaching/sermon went very well, it was about how to hear God's voice. My husband said it was very good, and he doesn't just say that. God really helped me.

Titanic just came out here a new 3D version (just a renovation of the old movie). I'm not big on 3D but it was cool to see the movie again after all these years on the big screen.

I haven't read the book but did see the movie Hunger Games. Is the book worth reading then?

Yesterday was an S Day

B-- green smoothie, egg quesadilla
Snack-- two squares chocolate, two PB bon bons, mixed nuts
Din-- Popcorn (Made at home with olive oil and sea salt, a little butter) Icee.
Sup-- out for tacos- 3 mishoo tacos with onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheese and beefsteak (YUMMY) :D

Today is an S-DAY
B-- 1 sq chocolate, 2 truffles, Green smoothie, granola with nuts, raisins, milk
Din- 1 1/2 BBQ chicken tacos with rice, sour cream, hard cheese, salsa. Salad. two PB bon bons
Sup-- Went to McDonalds, had a burger, fries and watered down sprite, and a soft serve cone.
8)
Last edited by Sweetness on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 am

My teenage sons and I all loved the three Hunger Games books - much better than the movie. I almost didn't want to see the movie because I knew it would take away the things I had imagined in my mind while reading but I couldn't resist the hype!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 am

I'm starting book 3, by far the books are worth reading...the movie just didn't do the books justice at all....

Glad you teaching sermon went great,,,,the Holy Spirit surely guides us and helps us a long....

K, 5:15 a.m. off to the basement for me..

I have a kindle so great to get the books instantly..and I use my cloudreader as well if sitting at my computer..

At my job, everyone, even an SVP is reading the series... :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Deb, Amy, Thanks for the recommendation. I thought the movie was kinda good, entertaining anyway. They can never make a movie the same as a book, so many details they can't include! 8)
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:44 pm

Today, Monday will be success I already decided, because I'm taking an NWS day tomorrow for travel.

B--Green smoothie, Oaxaqueno tamal (last one for six months, YUMMY) avocado, 1/2 cup oatmeal atole.
Din 3 chicken fajita tacos with cream, hard cheese, and lettuce
Supper Will have leftovers from dinner, plus Jicama stix. :mrgreen:
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am

Good job on Monday and have a safe trip today!

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Welcome back to the twin cities! I lived in Shakopee for 15 years before moving here. I'm a Minnesotan at heart and only live 5 miles into Iowa. I had to move to the Lakes in Iowa to pretend I was still in Minnesota. :wink: You're doing great this month by the way!
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

milliem

Post by milliem » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your support - you are doing amazingly!! Keep it up, all those greens are great to see :)

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Helllllloooo, stopping by to say hi......

back to work for me :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks everyone
Arrived safe but tired in St Paul. Long day, but it beats driving! :lol:
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 am

That would be one heck of a long drive! :D Glady you made it back safe.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:23 am

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound...and in time for Summer...

How did you planned S day go?

How long of a flight is it?

Have a good one........

determined

Post by determined » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:35 am

So glad to know you're back safe & sound!!!

Hugs...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm

:oops: I had a long detailed post here yesterday, but I think I previewed it then forgot to submit it! Thanks for the well wishes everyone, Deb, the flight was only about 6 hours when we could fly direct, but now there are no direct flights, because ppl dont want to go to Mexico, at least not Mexico city... So we left the house at 4:30 AM, took a taxi, then a 2 hour bus ride, then a plane to Atlanta, then customs. Then a flight to Minneapolis. So only about 7 hours on planes, but a long day... Our son picked us up at the airport, and it was a beautiful day, sun going down. Amy, We used to drive it and it's 2400 miles, never did it in less than 4 days, usually took a week to visit ppl on the way.

Tuesday was an S Day. I didn't eat a lot of treats, just snacking at odd times. :wink:

Wed and Thursday were success!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:58 pm

You are meeting goal after goal!!! Great goin'!!!
Please pray for me

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Thanks, Renee,
I think I have the No S habit down, just need to work on portions and lose some weight! I got the Beck Diet Solutions book and did my first assignment, its helping already. I made a 3 X 5 card this morning and have it here in my pocket. I listed the advantages of losing weight. I plan to read it at least twice a day.
1. I'll have more energy
2. My clothes will fit better
3. I'll look better.
4. My knees will feel better
5. Clothes shopping will be more fun
6. I'll be healthier and live longer
7. Food tastes better if I'm hungry for my meals
8. I'll feel more in control.
9. I'll have more self confidence.
10. I'll be happier when I look in the mirror.
11. I won't have that sluggish, overfull feeling

How it's helping: I decided I shouldn't need more than a green smoothie for breakfast now that we're back on an American schedule and are eating lunch at noon. I'm really hungry for lunch, but that's a good thing. Today at lunch, I could have crowded more on my 8 1/2 inch plate, but I didn't. I had part of a chicken breast, carrots, celery, 1/2 apple, and pasta side dish. I was just full after that, but not over full. I'm telling my self its good to feel hungry.

Friday was a NWS day after lunch. My hubby and I went to a matinee and I had popcorn- brought my own from home. :roll: Saturday was an S day day, then till after lunch on Sunday. :lol: It went well. I had ice cream and chocolate for desserts.

So the rest of Sunday was a No S day and it was a Success!! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm

HI PATTY! WELCOME BACK TO MINNESOTA! :D

Just curious: do you think you would like to live in Mexico permanently sometime?

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:23 pm

NoSRocks wrote:HI PATTY! WELCOME BACK TO MINNESOTA! :D

Just curious: do you think you would like to live in Mexico permanently sometime?
Roxie, Thanks! We lived in Mexico from 2000, to 2006, our home was there. Yes, that's our plan to someday live there permanently again. For now, we have a home here and our two sons still live here, and also our parents are aging and we like to do our part, so dividing our time evenly works. When we're in Mexico, we rent the upstairs apartment in our friend's house. We pay rent there year-round, and our stuff is safer because they live there year round. 8)
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi Sweetness, I started a thread on the general on listing your goals..based on the beck diet..I have my cards as well but have been very naughty and not reading them..I'll have to pull them out of my purse and read them..

One in my head it binging is not an option, it doesn't do anything for me anymore, but make me fat :)

Have a good one!!

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 am

Welcome back! And good for you to follow such a big travelling day with two successful green days - and get right back in the swing of things!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

Oh you know what I did as well as the Beck cards, I found some key points from the No S book where I struggle and wrote out cards for them, helps a lot as well..

Here's to our response cards..

I think I'll do the same on our May challenge and include the reading the cards at least twice a day!

:)

In work, we call it shamelessly borrowing...oh ya, I'm also borrowing your #7 and #11....like them!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Amy, Thanks for stopping and the encouraging words.

Deb, It only takes a minute to get it out and read a card. Today I had to choose two diets. No S is my diet, but I looked at Sparks People today, and they will be my backup diet, I'll go to calorie counting if I can't lose a little weight on No S. WOW quite a website they have! I used it today to help menu plan as it was grocery day. I made the Marsala Chicken today, I modified the recipe a little, yum. My son and his girlfriend want to learn how to cook so they helped me.

Monday Apr 30 was Success!!!
B- Green smoothie
L- roasted chicken breast, pasta side, salad
D- Chicken alfredo with veggies
:mrgreen: I finished The month of APRIL with no Red days!!!

Tuesday May 1 was Success!!!
B- Ezekiel cereal with almonds craisins and milk
L- green smoothie, beef and turkey burger with provalone on whole grain, celery stix, multigrain crackers.
D- Marsala chicken breast, leftover pasta, broccoli 1/2 serving greek yogurt. :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 am

Hi again, Patty! Thanks for your post! Actually, I think I would quite like the change of scenery from one State to another, so I am glad it is working out well for you! I have a friend who lives in Wisconsin in Summer and Florida during the Winter months. As far as I know, she has no plans to permanently move to Florida but I sure envy her for being able to get a change of scene every 6 months or so.

BTW - well done on your successful April !

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 am

hi...thanks for stopping by..it was surely hard not to binge..my normal pattern under certain kinds of stress.

funny you should say spark people, i'm on there and was on there for a few years, found No S from Oolala, she is the team leader there for the No S team..

i did really well once, went from 195 to 160, but was so tired of counting calories.. :) went back this january and started counting again...and came back here in march...can't count, can't even contemplate it ever again. i do visit there and read oolala's blogs, and say hi to my friends...oh ya and log my weight there.

I didn't pick a second diet, but I guess I'm a spark fan and there are people on there that follow No S.

I probably should log my food here, started to but felt it was too much work..I know beck says to, so eventually I might go back to it.

Have a great Wednesday.

deb

determined

Post by determined » Thu May 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi Deb...just stopping by to say "Hi" & I hope you have a great day...

Hugs...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat May 05, 2012 1:02 am

Friends, thanks for stopping...Stressful time, my sister had neck surgery yesterday and my other siblings are out of town (her hubby's a quadripeligic). I brought her down to the hosp at 5AM and waited till she was out of recovery and in a room, then dozed in a chair by her bed. Didn't get home till 2:30, a little nap, had to help her hubby in the evening, then help him up in the morning. I brought sis home in the afternoon and got her settled in bed today, going back to stay overnight so I can help them both if they need it.

My hubby and I still had our date today, I started my S days early again at 7:00 PM, ice cream.

Wednesday, Thursday and today(till 7PM) were Success!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I packed food for breakfast and lunch yesterday and ate at the hospital. Today we went out for lunch at an Indian restaurant that has an awesome buffet. I had only one plate, a little taste of what looked good to me. Amazing food! I ate slowly and kept saying "Mmm.. yum..." while we were eating. Enjoyed every bite.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed May 09, 2012 1:26 am

I had a good if tired weekend. I did have to work Saturday and some on Sunday too. I had my share of treats, but nothing over the top. :wink: :D

Yesterday, Monday was my first Red since late March. :oops: I made twice baked potatoes, a little less protein than I'm used to. After dinner I found myself eating food as I was putting it away, and then since I already had a fail and I was feeling a bit unsatisfied, I ate some walnuts, and since I could see the Giradelli dark choc chips that my DS left out, I had a few of them too! Then there was birthday cake for one of our guests at the Healing Rooms, I had a small piece. Oh well, brush off the crumbs and move on.

Today is Success!! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed May 09, 2012 10:21 am

It is funny how if we don't incorporated certain foods with our meals we leave the table unsatisfied. I believe protein is one of those foods ;)

I tried a new recipe yesterday...that I love in the Indian restaurants but never made, Chicken Tikka Masala..funny but McCormick sells pre-packaged seasoning packets and the recipe on the back....so well worth it...I just will need to figure out what to use instead of heaving whipping cream...

Have a great Wednesday!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 am

Thanks for stopping Deb, I'm always trying new recipes or making them up. Lots of times I know what I want to make, but not sure how to make it. Like tonight I had some leftover brown rice, and whole grain wraps, I love black beans and rice, so looked on the internet for recipes. I made kind of black bean and rice burritos, with some taco cheese I had. The recipes just gave me an idea of what spices to add. They were good, I had a salad on the side with some sunflower seeds and a little cottage cheese, and must have had enough protein, because I was satisfied.

Today was Success!!!! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu May 10, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Patty, I earned some points on my mastercard and bought a rice cooker, love it....do you have one..I would never had bought one, but a free one why not.. :) so glad I did, keeps nice in the fridge.

I have been also having rice and fat free refried beans, salsa, hot sauce and topped with a little cheese...very good...

You mentioned you diet couch offered you some valuable tips..would you mind sharing with us?

Have a great day,
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 am

Deb, Sure, I asked my friend, who has lost over 50 pounds to be my diet coach. She gave me some good advice already. 1. Put the rest of the food away before you sit down to dinner. 2. Brush your teeth before you clean up the kitchen.

Today was a good day. I clean a couple houses and get paid for it, but I don't like to clean my own house. In Mexico, I pay my housecleaner $15 to clean my whole house. I was thinking about hiring someone to clean my house here, but it costs about 10 times as much! Yesterday I had my cleaning stuff ready to go clean my mom's house, and my DH asked me, "Could I pay you to clean my house?" I answered "It would be like taking the money out of one pocket and putting it in another." But then I thought about it. I decided if we could put the money in a special account that only I controlled, it would work. So today I spent 3 hours cleaning our own house, and my Hubby is happy to pay me! :lol:

Today was Success!! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 pm

That is so funny...there are women that also get paid for you know what in some way shape or form ;)

You get double benefit as cleaning is a workout :)

I just a fruit smootie for what was suppose to be my breakfast but got a late start..(pineapple, blackberries, strawberries, yogurt, flax seed and a tad touch of milk). I think I'll stop by the health food store and pick up some protein powder...

You are doing fantastic!!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 am

Life has been so busy, but very good! I've been posting on the May challenge. Had a successful week. I hosted my extended family for Mother's day, a perfect Minnesota day with everyone in lawn chairs in the back yard. 8) This week flew by, working and ministry, and I just got back from an overnight taking my Mom to a Sweet Adelines regional competition. She's been a member of the same chorus for 59 years. It was nice that it was only about an hour away.

Started my S days early on Friday afternoon again because I was kind of on vacation with my mom. I think I'll just claim it as a NWS day.

So May 11 to 19 look like this:
11 :mrgreen: 12 :lol: 13 :) 14 :mrgreen: 15: :mrgreen: 16 :mrgreen: 17: :mrgreen: 18 :wink: 19 :)
Patty

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Sun May 20, 2012 6:49 am

Hi Patty! I love the idea of your husband paying you to clean your house!!! That would certainly make you feel different about doing it - I think it's the appreciation thing - whenever I clean our house, I feel like no one even notices I've done it...

So glad to see things are going well for you!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Hello, everyone. Wow, it's been longer than I thought since I posted. I had trouble finding my thread! Life has been good but EXTREMELY BUSY, and getting busier... juggling work and volunteer ministry with home. We're in the midst of a heat wave so exercise has been a bit sporadic, but I am still doing No S quite faithfully, just slipping a little here and there the past week or so. I'm going to try to check in at least once a week here, I guess I do need the support.

:wink:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:55 am

It's been one week- Went out of town this past Friday to Sunday... I think I had a couple greens last week, but Friday was a fail. Traveling. Today was pretty good. I need to keep better track... Will be going on two more trips- this Thurs to Saturday, then Aug 1 to 5. Its challenging!
Patty

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Summer is rough. Soooo busy! Good to see you around, though!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:02 am

Tobias mom, thanks.
This,week was no better. Traveling I had 2 fails and an s day. Also Tuesday was a delayed date night so that was red too. Will try to have an n day tomorrow.
Oh well... :oops:
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:12 pm

I dated a Swiss man whose father owned a factory. His dad paid his mom a kind of salary. She managed the budget of the house and she did a lot of entertaining of their business associates. He believed she deserved money of her own to be recompense for that. Pretty cool, huh? Of course, not every man can afford to do that. But it showed he understood that it wasn't her "job" to do everything that supported him in his business life, even if she did like it and prefer it to working outside the home.

Glad to hear that No S is going well.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 am

Amy3010 wrote:Hi Patty! I love the idea of your husband paying you to clean your house!!! That would certainly make you feel different about doing it - I think it's the appreciation thing - whenever I clean our house, I feel like no one even notices I've done it...
Thanks Amy and Oolala, So far I have a refurbished Ipad with my earnings, and I'm saving for a vacation this fall with a girlfriend. (My hubby doesn't do vacations very well, being a driven personality.) It really does help motivate me to do a better job. He says he'd rather pay me than someone else!

I'm leaving on a 5 day trip for a conference tomorrow. Traveling is very hard for me to stay on track.
Patty

Sweetness

A NEW START

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Well, I found out that sticking to No S really makes a big difference. I went on 5 trips in July and August, and was pretty loose with the rules during all of them, but maintained my weight.

I just pretty much ate what I wanted in September and October. I stepped on the scale last Monday as we were packing for Mexico. Up about 7 pounds!!! Ouch! No wonder my pants were getting tight. :oops:

I need to make a commitment and I need accountability. I decided today was the first day but I already failed, I snacked on a couple nuts after I got back from market today. Bad habit. I am going to be good for the rest of the day but I want to establish good habits again.

So tomorrow will be day 1 of a 21 day challenge. Vanilla no S, and I have to start over if I fail.
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Hey sweetness, welcome back!! I had an 'unscheduled break' over summer too heh, started with a holiday and a move, ended in two and a half months of eating what I liked...

I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things :) Pretty sure one thing that helped me was not trying too hard or pinning too much on success/failure. I've been a bit more relaxed about this time around - that plus regular exercise is having a good impact! Oh and not having anything to snack on in the house haha :) I even got OH to hide food after the weekend, how sad is that?? :P Oh well whatever works...

gk

Post by gk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Good luck with your fresh start! Yeah, my few months of constant grazing had similar results - pants aren't getting any looser!

Just can't seem to stay away from No S, I guess. :) Good to see you around! :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks GK, No S is the best thing for maintaining weight I have ever found so far. Anyone can lose weight, but maintaining is the hard part!

Millie, Thanks for the tips. I'm going to be pretty firm with the rules for at least 21 days till I have my good habits back, but after that I agree, an all or nothing attitude make things seem hard. But I'm not going to try to do too much at once, Success is just sticking to No S, exercise and any other habits are just a bonus at this point. But I am going to step up the exercise and give myself credit for it. I'm really out of shape. :roll:

Today is going well. Just the one ooops when I snacked on 3 pecans after getting back from market.
Breakfast- Leftover beef and potato hotdish, green smoothie
Dinner- Breaded Chicken breast, rice, salad with lots of veggies. Portions good.
Supper will be leftovers from dinner.

I think I'll call my friend to see if she wants to join me for a walk now.
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:13 am

Sweetness wrote:Today is going well. Just the one ooops when I snacked on 3 pecans after getting back from market.
Breakfast- Leftover beef and potato hotdish, green smoothie
Dinner- Breaded Chicken breast, rice, salad with lots of veggies. Portions good.
Supper will be leftovers from dinner.

I think I'll call my friend to see if she wants to join me for a walk now.
Perfect start - nice meals and calling your friend to go for a walk - well done. Keep it up! :)

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am

Welcome back Sweetness!

It's great that there seem to be a couple of us who just started a 21 day plan. We can make it!

It's hard at first to get back into the habit but you can do it as you have already done it before :D

Personally, when I feel weak I go back through my favourite podcasts from Reinhard and it really makes a difference.

Enjoy the N days! (To be fair, they're so much more fun than S days!)
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:55 pm

Shooting for 21 is what got me going again after a year and a half of wishy-washiness. :wink:
Please pray for me

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Eschano, Renee, GK, thanks for the tips, I'm struggling with hunger pangs now. I have a pot of black beans simmering for dinner, and they smell good but they aren't done yet! I didn't realize black beans take longer than others. If they were we'd be eating now. Its only 2:00, and we usually eat dinner between 2 and 3 here in Mexico. Still getting used to the new schedule though. I did have a healthy no sugar hot chocolate, and that helped.

I did go for a long walk by myself last night- couldn't get in touch with my friend. :D

Today- Day 1
Breakfast= green smoothie, one egg, toast, butter
Dinner= will be breaded chicken breast, rice, black beans, veggie stix
Supper= planning on multigrain crackers, cheddar cheese, and fruit. :D
Patty

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:20 am

Sweetness wrote:I'm struggling with hunger pangs now. I have a pot of black beans simmering for dinner, and they smell good but they aren't done yet! I didn't realize black beans take longer than others.
When I'm in this situation, as I am quite often with our erratic meals, I try to re-frame as follows: isn't it nice to be truly hungry for a meal, when a good, tasty meal is only an hour or so away? Isn't it going to be so nice to sit down for that meal genuinely hungry for it and honor that good food with a healthy appetite? Won't it be pleasant once you've eaten to be comfortably full without feeling stuffed, with no guilt at all since you've stuck to the No-S plan? And isn't it great that you really will be comfortably full, not slightly unsatisfied by a small or "diet" style meal?

Hope you had a great dinner :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 am

ironchef wrote: When I'm in this situation, as I am quite often with our erratic meals, I try to re-frame as follows: isn't it nice to be truly hungry for a meal, when a good, tasty meal is only an hour or so away? Isn't it going to be so nice to sit down for that meal genuinely hungry for it and honor that good food with a healthy appetite? Won't it be pleasant once you've eaten to be comfortably full without feeling stuffed, with no guilt at all since you've stuck to the No-S plan? And isn't it great that you really will be comfortably full, not slightly unsatisfied by a small or "diet" style meal?

Hope you had a great dinner :)
Thanks for that ironchef. I'm going to remember it! It did taste really good!
Yesterday was SUCCESS! :mrgreen:

Today is going well. The black beans were so good I had a bowl of rice and black beans for breakfast, then for dinner we had them again, along with a veggie salad and a small flattened steak. Portion sizes could have been a bit smaller, but at least I passed on the tortillas. The beans were grown on my neighbors land. Plan to make some quesadillas for supper, with an apple on the side. 8)
Patty

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 am

Well done - sounds like you're having a great week. Now I kind of want some black beans too... ;)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:45 am

Love black beans and rice, but three meals of them in 2 day and I'm hearing a few reports, if you know what I mean!! :oops:

today Day 2 was Success! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes!!
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 am

You're doing so well Sweetness! And Ironchef's reframing advice is great.

Well done!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Great job! I was wondering how your body would react to that many beans! Ha....

gk

Post by gk » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 am

You're getting off to a great start - way to go! Keep it up! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Tobias mom, Eschano, GK, thanks for stopping by!

Yesterday day 3, I'm going to call a Success even though there was some funny stuff, it wasn't intentional.

I went out for breakfast with my friends, I had my green smoothie with my vitamins before I left the house. I had a crepe with ham and cheese, and a piece of homemade biscotti my friend made.

Dinner- We had friends over, I was distracted and didn't give myself a full serving at the beginning of the meal. I just forgot... I put more on my plate later but it was a small amount. So for dinner- Rice, picadillo, fried plantain, mixed fruit with granola, yogurt and nuts.

Supper- a little leftover picadillo and rice.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Today, I got some exercise, I walked over to the Wallmart- about a 20 min walk but its something! I do need to work on exercise but I'm focusing on No S first. The next 21 days I'll add exercise.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:42 am

Today, Day 4 was success! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

B= green smoothie, 2 eggs, 1 toast
Din= picadillo, brown rice, salad, one small quesadilla
supper= rice and beans, 4crackers with cheddar cheese, banana
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm

I decided to start tracking on the habit cal again. I really like the look of 4 greens in a row. I'm also tracking walking (my only exercise) and portion control, but decided to NOT track reds or yellows on these at this time, only greens! I think it will motivate me. You can fit a lot of food on one plate, which is why I think I've never lost much weight on No S. So portion control is key.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:03 am

My weekend went pretty well, I had some sweets but also had 3 meals each day, nothing too excessive. I also got some exercise, walking around town with my DH.

Here's how Days 1 to 6 look=
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol:
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am

Well done! When it comes to sport I'm also only tracking the green. I feel I do more sports if I don't pre-schedule it. Funny as that sounds.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Welcome back! I have been a little lazy on my posting lately, but I am still around. I am maintaining but not losing much during year 2; however, if all I do is maintain the 45 lbs. I lost in year 1 that will be a success. You are right that maintenance is built into No S.
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:37 am

Thanks Jean and Eschano,

I am inspired by reading Roxy's testimonial and daily thread. Losing all the weight after being stalled for a long while.

If I can get my portions down, I know I can lose the weight. The general habit is simple and as long as I have accountability, it's been pretty easy for me.

Today, day 7 is success!!! I had guests over for dinner, and made my favorite homemade Lasagna with salad and garlic toast. I'm proud that my portions at dinner were good and I didn't forget and take seconds even though everyone else did!! I also walked to Walmart and back for the groceries. So that meant some weight lifting, those bags were a bit heavy! so all greens on the habit cal today! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was nice then to be hungry for supper a few hours later, and eating leftover lasagna. A very good day 7! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
Patty

Ani33

Post by Ani33 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Your food sounds yum sweetness, I would love to visit mexico one day. Is it hot there now? You are absolutely flying on this 21 day challenge! I really like your smily face idea it is very visual!
S/W - 174 (30th Oct 2012)
C/W - 174
G/W - 138
1st WI - Dec 07th

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Thankyou Ani,

It's been warm but really nice, as it cools down at night. We're in a valley surrounded by mountains on 3 sides, about a mile high, so the winter is usually very nice, warms up to the low 80's Fahrenheit in the daytime and cool at night. Today it was getting a bit warm when a rainstorm came in. I had to take two loads of clothes off the lines, but I love rain. Usually the six months we are here is dry season.

I love Mexico, you really should visit sometime. If you stay in tourist areas you should be quite safe. It's beautiful. 8)

Having a green day eating wise, :mrgreen:
Breakfast= 1 egg, 1 toast, green smoothie.
Dinner= Leftover lasagna, veggie sticks, garlic toast
Supper= will be quesadillas and fruit.

I didn't get my walk in but I went up and down the stairs about 15 times while doing my two loads of laundry. The machine is not automatic and it has its quirks!
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 am

Green week here we come :wink:
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:34 pm

eschano wrote:Green week here we come :wink:
Yes, we're on our way to a green week!

For me, day 8 yesterday was green! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:57 am

Today, Day nine was success :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:04 am

Nice LONG line of GREEN Smilies!!!! (good idea- very motivating in your thread!)

Great job - keep it up!!!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 am

Yes! today, day 10 was success! and only one more day till the weekend. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

B= green smoothie, mushroom omelet, fruit, refried beans and a few chips (i was out for breakfast) I passed on the sweet roll that came with the meal.
Din= 2 chicken enchiladas with cheese sauce, black beans and rice, fruit
Sup= grilled tuna melt, apple

I went for a long walk with my friend this morn, and yesterday I lengthened my walk to the market. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GK, eschano, It's really fun to see all the green!

One more day till the weekend. I have a challenge tomorrow. Pastor's breakfast, usually there is Too Much Food, and a dessert. I'm going to really focus on one virtual plate, and no sweets.
Patty

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 am

It's really fun to see all the green in YOUR thread :D

I hope the pastor's breakfast goes well! One more day to go to S days
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Today is day 11, and will be green. I passed on the sweet roll AND on dessert at the breakfast. I had one plate, even if it was a bit big and portions could have been smaller. It was what I was served= chilaquiles, beans, and eggs in salsa, I also had one small piece of bread. So I already passed the challenge of the day! (Eschano, GK, I knew you would be checking to see how it went, and that helped!)
Dinner= Tuna melt, popcorn, and tangerines.
Supper will likely be quesadillas. 8)
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Chilaquiles= yummy worth having a largish serving of.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 pm

I just now looked up my advantages for losing weight I wrote down last summer, they're still good today! Good reminders, maybe they will help with motivation on portion control!
Sweetness wrote: 1. I'll have more energy
2. My clothes will fit better
3. I'll look better.
4. My knees will feel better
5. Clothes shopping will be more fun
6. I'll be healthier and live longer
7. Food tastes better if I'm hungry for my meals
8. I'll feel more in control.
9. I'll have more self confidence.
10. I'll be happier when I look in the mirror.
11. I won't have that sluggish, overfull feeling

Good Keys to Success!! :mrgreen:
Patty