Sweetness' "daily" check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Saturday and Sunday were S days
Monday the 2nd, Tuesday the 3rd were SUCCESS AND SUCCESS!!

I've also been walking every day this week. Monday :mrgreen: Tuesday :mrgreen: Wednesday :mrgreen:

I now have two walking partners. I walked with both of them this morning. One walks to work at 8AM, we walked with her this morning, then walked back- about a half hour walk. Then my other friend needed to talk so we walked some more. It helps to pass the time.
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)
I'm a glutton for encouragement.

gk

Post by gk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 am

Good job! A long time ago, I used to walk with a close friend of mine before work and I loved it. It really does pass the time faster and you look forward to it, because it turns into more of a social outing than required exercise.

Like all your green smiley faces. :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

Sweetness
Location: Fall and winters in Cuernavaca, Morelos Mexico and summers in St Paul, Minnesota

Post by Sweetness » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 pm

gk wrote:Good job! A long time ago, I used to walk with a close friend of mine before work and I loved it. It really does pass the time faster and you look forward to it, because it turns into more of a social outing than required exercise.

Like all your green smiley faces. :)
Thanks GK, I like to see the green smiles after ward, it makes it easy to see when I have had success!

Yesterday was SUCCESS too. :mrgreen:
Patty

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. (Proverbs 12:25 NET)

determined

Post by determined » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Patty....Look at you go!!!!! Congrats on all those greens!!!

Well done!

hugs...janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:03 pm

determined wrote:Patty....Look at you go!!!!! Congrats on all those greens!!!

Well done!

hugs...janie
Janie, thank you! Now if I can only lose this weight! I have been super generous with all my meals. A lot can fit on one plate. My scale here is not accurate...
Patty

Sweetness

New goal

Post by Sweetness » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I have a new goal, and I need help with accountability.

I started to talk about my weight yesterday and then we had to leave, our ride was here. My scale here is totally inaccurate, but I weighed today and it said I was down 2 lbs since we got here on the 27th. I do feel a bit less bloated than I did then, but my jeans are still too tight, some of my biggest jeans! I seriously need to lose weight. I think I gained back to my starting weight during the Christmas holidays. So maybe I'm down 2 pounds since starting No S August.

I do have the No S habit down, but I'm eating too much food at my meals. What I'm going to do here is start an extra tracking on my habitcal for portion control, and track it here on the daily check-in, too.
[/b]

Confession time: my DH has been doing no S too, not as strictly as I do, but he has lost weight faster. The main reason? I dish up our plates at dinner and supper, and I give him the almost the same amount of food as I give myself. I really should be giving myself quite a bit less, as I am a smaller person and a woman. But there's still quite a bit of GLUTTONY factoring in here.

If you're reading this, please respond, I need to know I'm accountable.

OK, that said. Thursday and Friday were no S days SUCCESS AND SUCCESS

Portion size was generous both days. :oops: :oops: I'm going to change that!

I also did my walking Thursday, Friday and Saturday (today) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Just wanted to pop by and let you know that I'm reading, if that helps :)

Have you tried getting a smaller plate for you and giving normal plates to your husband? Have you actually measured your plates? I've read that the 'usual' plate size should be around 9" diameter. It might also be worth thinking about what is ON your plate as well as the portion size if your habits are good but the impact on your weight isn't great!

(Plus annoyingly, men seem to be able to lose weight a lot faster when they try to :evil: so it might not just be portion size!)

You're doing brilliantly at following NoS though :) Now it's all about the tweaking...

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:20 am

milliem wrote:Just wanted to pop by and let you know that I'm reading, if that helps :)

Have you tried getting a smaller plate for you and giving normal plates to your husband? Have you actually measured your plates? I've read that the 'usual' plate size should be around 9" diameter. It might also be worth thinking about what is ON your plate as well as the portion size if your habits are good but the impact on your weight isn't great!

(Plus annoyingly, men seem to be able to lose weight a lot faster when they try to :evil: so it might not just be portion size!)

You're doing brilliantly at following NoS though :) Now it's all about the tweaking...
milliem, Thanks it does help.

I'm going to think about the smaller plates. Wish I had some 9" plates. My dinner plates are 10". I do have some nice luncheon size plates that are 8 1/2". I'm already using those at supper time which is our light meal here. Its dinner that really gets me, because we eat dinner about 2 or 3PM here in Mexico, I am always very hungry, so I get greedy. I think I'll try just making my portion smaller at dinner first. If that doesn't work, I'll go to the smaller plate.
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm

I'm reading, too! :)

Yes, I definately know where you are coming from. A while back, I was actually sticking to vanilla No S pretty good and was bummed when I noticed I wasn't losing or that I had even started gaining a bit. Then I recalled what I like to refer to as my "Jenga-like" plates, and realized that one plate CAN hold alot and if I stack it that high, I might as well be having seconds! I think it's okay when you're first starting out, just to get into the habit of no snacks and to get you to the next meal, but after awhile it needs to be adjusted. At least that's what my jeans keep telling me anyway. :lol:

I think the smaller plates is a really good idea. That way if you feel like "playing Jenga" at least it will all even out to a normal-sized bigger plate in the end! :wink:

You can do this!! :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 am

gk, thanks for the encouragement.

Oh boy, I didn't do so good today. At least I did get a good walk in this morning. :mrgreen:

We went to a pastor's breakfast. They served homemade deep fried quesadillas and homemade black beans. I had two, with sour cream and salsa then I had seconds, another. My DH had four, plus he ate some cookies. At least I didn't eat cookies. Neither one of us was hungry for dinner. I just had an apple about 3PM. By suppertime I was hungry, and I had seconds then too. I did stay away from sweets.

So No S diet= fail :oops:

Portion control= fail :oops:

Oh well, tomorrow is another day. :roll: :wink:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:34 am

Today, Tuesday was a better day. I didn't use the smaller plate because we had taco salad for dinner, but I did give myself less meat, chips and cheese than my hubby. For supper we're having popcorn, and I'm having an apple with it. I am using a large bowl for the popcorn, but its hard to plate popcorn...

No S diet= SUCCESS!!!
portion control= SUCCESS!!!
and I went for a walk this morning :mrgreen:
Patty

determined

Post by determined » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:41 am

Yeah for you!!!!!!

Congrats on a great day...

janie
Winnie the Pooh

gk

Post by gk » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Sweetness wrote:Today, Tuesday was a better day. I didn't use the smaller plate because we had taco salad for dinner, but I did give myself less meat, chips and cheese than my hubby. For supper we're having popcorn, and I'm having an apple with it. I am using a large bowl for the popcorn, but its hard to plate popcorn...

No S diet= SUCCESS!!!
portion control= SUCCESS!!!
and I went for a walk this morning :mrgreen:
Good job today! That's what I like about this diet. You had less of everything at supper, but you didn't feel left out by having to eat something else - just a little less.

Popcorn for supper? I like the way you think. :) Sometimes I have just a bowl of cereal for supper, because I'm not in the mood for the traditional big meal. I get weird looks, but eat what you're really hungry for, I say now. Makes a big difference!! Keep it up! :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 am

gk thanks for your support! I was hungry for popcorn, and I'm sure it had less calories than other things I could have eaten.

Today Wednesday:

No S= SUCCESS!!!

Portion control= SUCCESS!!!

Walking= OOPS, My walking partner drove today, I didn't have to go to the market today, so I delayed the walk. If I don't go in the morning, the day gets busy and then it's too late.

:oops:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:37 am

Thursday was a little different, we went to our friends' house for brunch for his birthday. We didn't eat till about 10:30 and were still eating at noon, so I ate two meals in one, had less than 2 plates, and only had one other meal about 6PM. I'm going to call it SUCCESS!

Today was SUCCESS too.

Portion control for both days was Success too. I'm using the smaller 8 1/2 inch plate. I did kinda pile it up, but I'm definitely eating less than my hubby now, and a bit less than before.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And I walked both days! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 am

Well done on your successful days! It's great that you can use NoS flexibly without throwing it out completely when a different eating situation comes along :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:51 am

Today was success, but I still feel bloated from the weekend, (two S-Days) and I loaded my plate a bit too much at supper, not at lunch though, I did use the smaller plate, so I'll call it success all around.

I have spent the past 4 weeks editing my book every available moment. The past two weeks with my grammar expert friend. She is in the states and I am here in Mexico, so we did it over the internet phone, with her giving me her suggestions, and me editing the document. I sent in the document the other day, it was approved, and I ordered the proof on Saturday. It will be sent to my friend's house, because delivery is unreliable here unless I go the expensive route. I'm praying we got it right! It should arrive at her house on the 24th. Anyway I'm excited, but its hard to wait!!

If anyone else is thinking about publishing a book, I highly reccomend www.createspace.com
They have been so user friendly and economical. You can self-publish without having to invest any money. 8)

Today Monday Jan 16
No S diet= Success
Walking= :mrgreen:
Portion control= Success
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:25 am

Hmm, I posted here yesterday, but I don't see it. My habit cal didn't show the update either. I had one fail on No S, think it was Wednesday. Otherwise everything was success!

Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri Jan 17-20 I'm going to use faces to make it easier.

No S diet= :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
portion control= :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
walking= :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 pm

Woo hoo! Look at you go! Great job - keep it up! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks Gk, You reminded me that I need to check in.

Saturday and Sunday were S DAYS
Monday and Tuesday were
Success on No S :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not so sure how to rate portion control, I'm eating less than my husband, but should be eating less than I am eating. I just love to eat. :oops: :mrgreen:
I have been walking every day including Saturday and today, I went for a long walk :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Sunday I took a nap)

Last night I really wanted to eat something sweet. I had some healthy hot chocolate instead, I had to get up three times in the night because of the late night liquid, but I didn't give in and have a snack- a little victory there.
:lol:

Anyway I would like to say I'm losing weight. I think I'm maintaining at least. My scale here is totally inaccurate. Maybe I should start writing down everything I eat. It might help. I need some kind of encouragement. I'm feeling a little down about it. :roll: It's probably hormones, I'm about due for my monthly, almost 57 years old and still have one every month! I'm usually quite optimistic.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:56 am

Today someone told me it looks like I've lost weight! I don't know that I have, maybe I lost the couple pounds I gained over the holidays... But it is encouraging to hear it anyway!!

Wed. Jan 25
No S :mrgreen:
Portion control: :mrgreen:
walking: :mrgreen:

Thurs Jan 26
walking: :oops:

Friday Jan 27 today
walking: :oops:

I did get some exercise today cleaning and getting ready for our friends who are coming tomorrow to work and visit for a week. All around it was a good week!
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Sweetness wrote:Today someone told me it looks like I've lost weight! I don't know that I have, maybe I lost the couple pounds I gained over the holidays... But it is encouraging to hear it anyway!!
That's a better feeling than any serving of chocolate could ever give! Awesome!

What a wonderfully green week. Keep up the great work!! :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:40 pm

gk thankyou!

About time I checked in! I had a very busy week. Got through yet another edit of my book and its up for review again, had houseguests all week, dear missionary friends who work in another part of Mexico. I also had the extra chore of teaching an English class three times. That along with planning meetings and a retreat for our pastor's wives group here. I was very busy with my guests, so I didn't get my walking in on Monday or Tuesday, but did lots of walking the rest of the week. It felt so good to get moving! So here's what the week looked like:
Saturday and Sunday were S-days Thursday, I took an NWS day because my friends surprised me with a cake and a pie for my birthday, which isn't till Feb 9. Friday, I just slipped up and had a taste of a snack in the morning when I was rummaging through the cupboard for something else. I was a good girl the rest of the day.

Monday to Friday:
No S= :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :oops:
Portion control: :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:
Walking= :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:05 pm

I just updated my habitcal and looking at January, I do see lots of green, with a few reds. I need to work more on portion control and exercise but the No S habit is pretty good!

I think other than one year when I was sticking close to a diet, this is the first year I can remember not being heavier in January than I was in early November. I quickly lost the couple pounds (usually would have been 5 to 10) I gained during the holidays this year! So that's a major victory!

Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi, I am new to reading your thread. I have a suggestion which has helped me over the last two years. I try to limit my portions of starch and protein to about the volume of my two fists at lunch and dinner. The rest of the plate is freggies. Sometimes when I look at the plate, I'll think, oh, that's not going to be enough, but about halfway through the denser foods-- chewed slowly and savored- I realize it's going to be plenty. So, in terms of calorie density, it's really only half the plate that gets filled. In fact, when I go to a restaurant, if I can't get much in the way of veggies. I limit myself to half a plate in volume. Eat slowly and really chew up the food so that you feel and taste it for a long time for each bite. (Plus, that works on your satiety circuits so that you feel full on less.) Even though I live alone and don't have someone to talk to, I still take my time and take about 30 minutes to eat my food, usually ending with the food that will taste the best cold or cooled off.

Have a great, sane-eating weekend!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Oolala, Thanks so much for helpful advice, great idea, will try it!
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:56 am

The weekend was pretty reasonable till Sunday night during Super bowl - strawberry shortcake with lots of real whipped cream, yum. Maybe that's why I just wasn't satisfied after supper on Monday. I had a handful of nuts and a piece of chocolate.

Monday and Tuesday, Feb 6 and 7 look like this:
No S= :oops: :mrgreen:
Portion control: :oops: :mrgreen:
Walking= :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 am

Wednesday we went up to Mexico city. I taught a group for healing rooms. I didn't get my walk in.

Portion control :mrgreen:
walking :oops:

Today is my birthday. I woke up sick to my stomach, went back to bed and stayed there all morning. A couple nice things, I was comfortable all snuggled up in bed because its cool here today. Then my neighbor came up with some special tea and prayed for me, so sweet of her. She also made me some chicken soup, I had the broth and a piece of toast for lunch, and felt a little better. I ate a little picadillo with rice for supper and a banana, and it even tasted OK. I'm confident that I will be 100 % tomorrow, maybe we'll be able to go out for lunch for my birthday. I did go for a little walk down to the stationary store to make copies for invites for our Amigas (Pastors' wives group). I was a little weak, I could have sent my hubby so I'll call it success!

Thursday Feb 9
NoS :mrgreen:
portions :mrgreen:
walking :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:07 am

Friday Feb 10 was a NWS day for my birthday (day after). We had a pastor's breakfast in the morning at this big church that did everything elegant. Glass plates and stemmed goblets, beautiful table and chair coverings. Young people did valet parking. I joked that the elegant trimmings were for my birthday! We were too full to go out for dinner, just had a snack at home. My girlfriends took me out for tacos that night. I was really glad to be able to enjoy food after being sick on my birthday.

After 3 S days in a row, I'm ready for some sanity tomorrow.
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Happy birthday!

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:49 pm

Happy birthday and glad you are feeling better.
I'm baaaack.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 am

Millie and Sue, Thanks, it was a good birthday week!

I took an NWS day for Valentines yesterday, I went out to dinner with my hubby I had some chocolate afterwards. So the week so far looks like this for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
No S= :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:
Portion control= :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:
Walking= :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 am

Wow a whole birthday week!! Sounds good :D

Nice to see all those happy green and yellow faces :)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:19 pm

hi patty! sorry i am a little late but,
Happy Birthday!!! :mrgreen:
so great to see you are doing so well!!
i need to follow your example.
have a great day ;)
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Deb, Thank you, Never too late for birthday wishes!
Millie, thanks!

I was proud of myself this morning, we had a couples breakfast for Valentines Day. The ladies of the church outdid themselves for the pastors and missionary couples with a delicious breakfast. First the fruit plate- melon, papaya and kiwi with yogurt and granola enough for breakfast by itself. Then the main course, two yummy meat dishes in a mild sauce, an egg dish and beans, all delicious. I told her to just give me a little taste of each one. She was nice and did give me just a small spoonful of each (about a fourth of what my hubby was served and ate). I ate this with only one tortilla. This is the first time I've ever gone to one of these functions and not been over full. It felt good to actually be hungry for dinner by 2 PM which is our normal time for dinner here. Having an appetite is a good thing. I'm thankful for No S!
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:34 pm

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Hurrah! Yay! Woo Hoo! :lol: :lol: :lol: My book is published! :lol: :D 8)

After many months of editing and re-editing, its available direct from my self-publisher now, and will be available on Amazon before the end of February. It's called "Sweetness and Light" words and visions from the journal of Patty Schmid. If anyone happens to be interested you can read about my book and even order it right away from Create Space. https://www.createspace.com/3727133

I'm working on creating a website to promote the book now.

Very exciting!
Last edited by Sweetness on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Thursday Feb 16; after doing well on portions in the morning, we went out for tacos in the evening. I ordered a plate of 3 tacos, the house special "Mishoos" ate them all. yum. Two would have been enough. I did order a substitution of mushrooms instead of bacon, so calorie wise it wasn't quite so bad! And we did walk about a mile each way to the taco place.

No S= :mrgreen:
Portion control= :oops:

Friday was all sucess.

Portion control= :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Here it is Thursday again already!
Saturday and Sundays were S-days

Monday Feb 20
No-S= :oops: I had some flan flavored jello after dinner. I was a little dissatisfied with a meatless meal at the school, but that's no excuse.
Portion control= :mrgreen:

Tues Feb 21
Portions= :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 22
Portions= :mrgreen:

I was at an all day conference Tue and Wed, I was able to refuse the cookies at break, and eat reasonably in restaurants.

I was happy to shop and cook my own food today. I made homemade chicken enchiladas using a new recipe for the sauce, WOW they were good. 8)
Patty

milliem

Post by milliem » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 am

Loads of happy green faces there, well done! Chicken enchiladas sound scrummy....

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks Millie Thursday and Friday: I had those chicken enchiladas 3 times with all the toppings and fixings. tasted just as good the third time. Yum!

My scale here is totally inaccurate, but my clothes are feeling looser. Yay, the portion control is working, even though my portions are still a bit generous. I think I must have a high metabolism. When I was on a calorie counting diet a few years ago I was able to lose weight on 1800 calories/day (plus healthy oils that I didn't have to count.

Thursday and Friday were

No S= :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Portion control= :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Walking= :mrgreen: :oops:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 am

Thursday already. The weekend was fairly moderate with a couple desserts and some dark chocolate.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were:
No S= :mrgreen: :oops: :oops:
Portions= :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:
Walking= :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen:

Hmm, I lose my resolve when I get close or during my period. But today I had a breakfast meeting at a friend's house and I was proud that after breakfast I was able to resist eating homemade oatmeal cookies even though they were on the table the whole 2 hours of the meeting after breakfast. :D
Patty

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:20 am

great job on not eating the oatmeal cookies! :wink:
that takes a lot of willpower!
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:27 pm

This past week was not so good. Not terrible but not so good, I slid down the slippery slope and I can't remember what happened which day. I think I may have gained a pound or two. My scale here is worthless so I don't know.

I decided today to start over on the 21 day challenge, vanilla NO S. Then OOPS! We hosted here a group of pastors and their wives for breakfast, about 14 people. Breakfast went well, I had a little plate of fruit, one Oaxaqueno tamal, and one cup of oatmeal atole that I made myself (the atole that is). But then when I was cleaning up, I was scraping out the bottom of the atole pot and didn't want to throw it away, so I caught myself eating it. OOPS! So hopefully tomorrow will be Day 1 because today is already a FAIL. :oops:

I did get lots of exercise going up and down the stairs from our apartment to the patio while I was serving people.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Today is day one of my 21 days of vanilla No S.

My sister gave me a good quote the other day. She says that when she's hungry, instead of saying, "What do I want to eat?" she says, "What can I eat that will heal me?" She is beating diabetes and has lost 18 pounds since Christmas.

So I asked myself that question today, because I know from experience that the most healthy foods are often the most satisfying.

For breakfast I had a green smoothie, an apple and a slice of cheese.
Dinner: breaded chicken breast, nopales (cactus) with onion, mexican rice, sliced papaya. 8)
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:31 am

Today is day 3 of SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
on Vanilla No S.

I'm working on writing down what I eat as well because it might help me to realize what I'm eating.

Tues Supper was a smaller portion of the rice,chicken and nopales I had for dinner.

Wed.
Breakfast -Green smoothie, a cup of oatmeal atole, a few almonds and pecans.
dinner- (restaurant) Small salad, veggie soup, beef steak, black beans, chilaquiles (sounds like a lot but it was all small portions.)
Supper (in the car on the way back from Mexico city) apple, Granola bar, mixed nuts

Today, Thursday
Breakfast, beans, eggs, 2 tortillas
Dinner- chicken thigh, spaghetti with cream sauce, onions, peppers and grated cheese,
raw cucumbers, carrots and beets
Supper- green smoothie, leftover spaghetti dish

8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 am

Great job!

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:18 am

Jean thanks!

Friday today was day 4 success:mrgreen:

Breakfast: green smoothie and a few nuts
Dinner: cheesburger with sauteed onions,mushrooms and peppers on whole grain toast. Salad with lots of veggies and sunflower seeds, ceasar dressing.
Supper: Papaya, guayaba, pineapple, strawberries, bananas with yogurt, honey, granola and nuts.
A few graham crackers.

I did get a good walk in today
:mrgreen:
Patty

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Just wanted to tell you that one of your comments to me comes out at the top of the present page I open. Pick yourself up, brush the crumbs off, and start again. Love it. Yes, that is the modern American renewal song. No dust involved.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Congrats on your green day! Your meals look fantastic and so yummy.
I also want to thank you for your comment on my check-in about brushing off the crumbs and starting again. I needed that and really appreciate the support.
Cheering for you!
Liz

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Oolala, you're welcome. Lbb thanks!

I'm trying to record all that I eat so here's today even though its an Sday it still counts as day 5, tee hee! :lol:

before breakfast: two squares extra dark chocolate with my tea.
breakfast: green smoothie, apple, two slices cheddar
dinner: Split the tampequeno dinner at the restaurant with my hubby. Beef steak, 1/2 enchilada, 1/2 chicken taquito, beans, rice, two small rolls, a small slice of chocolate cake. (yum)
For supper I will make my own popcorn to smuggle in to the movies. I make it with avocado oil and a little butter. They sell the avocado oil here at Costco for about $10 a liter, its made right here in the nearby state of Michoacan. The best price I found on-line was about 5 times as much! I think I'll be bringing a bottle with me on the plane when we fly back to the states next month! It's so good, and so good for you!
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Oh shucks, I can't bring a bottle of avocado oil with me to the states! I guess that would definitely be a liquid! In my checked bag it would be sure to break!

Last night I also had a banana with my supplements. I think I did well considering how stressed I was. My mom's in the hospital 2400 miles away, and my son also went to the hosp with dehydration on Thursday night and he is having problems with anxiety (he has bipolar). I think everyone's going to be fine. I'm busy preparing for a retreat for our pastor's wives group next week. Looks like we will have more than 30 attend. Last year we had 18.

Having a good day so far.
Breakfast: Green smoothie, apple, two slices cheddar
Dinner: Rice taco with 2 tortillas and beef and salsa, 1/2 chicken breast, chocolate cake.
Supper: Small piece of bbq chicken, mexican rice, salad with lots of veggies.
1 square dark chocolate
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Today is day 7 of my 21 day challenge. It was a good weekend. Being aware of what I'm eating by writing it down helps me to eat healthier.

Breakfast: green smoothie, two eggs, whole wheat toast
Dinner: Chicken fajitas with 3 small whole wheat tortillas, with red and green peppers and onions, tomatoes, refried beans, sour cream, salsa.
Supper: leftovers from dinner only less (two tacos instead of 3). I also had a small handful of roasted nuts.
Last edited by Sweetness on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:09 am

Monday, Day 7 was Success!! :mrgreen:

Today Day 8 was also Success!! :mrgreen: even though we had dinner at some friends' house, and I resisted having seconds and then cookies later. I would have probably caved in if it weren't for my 21 day challenge. My DH ate the same way he used to (lots of seconds, cookies) must be a NWS day for him. I guess I could have done the same, we don't eat at friends' houses often. But I'm glad I didn't. I feel good and in control.

Breakfast:Green smoothie, granola with nuts and milk
Dinner: Salad, chicken thigh with veggies in sauce, pasta side dish, whole grain garlic toast, lemonaid.
Supper:mango, pineapple and papaya with yogurt, honey, coconut, nuts and granola
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 am

Hi girlie..I'm back..15 pounds heavier...tried my old ways again....

Come to realize binging can never fill me, I always want more..so why bother....

So glad to see you are still here...I was hoping to find a few of my old chat friends.

See ya around the posts!
deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

gk

Post by gk » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Sweetness wrote: guess I could have done the same, we don't eat at friends' houses often. But I'm glad I didn't. I feel good and in control.
Great job! Sign of true success!

Hi! I'm back from my mini-break from No S. Just popping in to say hello and wish you continued success with No S. :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:51 am

Deb, Gk, thanks and welcome back!

Today was day 9 of my 21 day challenge. It was success. :mrgreen:

Breakfast: green smoothie, leftover pasta with cream sauce, red peppers and cheese.
Dinner: Restaurant: lentil soup, small salad, stuffed pepper with cheese and spinach, 3 tortillas, 3 slices fried plantain.
Supper: Apple, banana, granola bars, raw nuts.

I walked to and from the restaurant about a mile each way. :mrgreen:
Patty

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:38 am

Great work! Yummy meals and so varied! mmm.
Liz

milliem

Post by milliem » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:40 am

Just wanted to stop in and say a big congrats on all your lovely green days so far! Your meals always look delicious :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:40 am

Thanks Lbb, and Millie! It's encouraging when you stop by! I can get such yummy fruits and veggies here, and cheap. Tonight I walked 3 blocks to the fruit store and bought 2 tomatoes, a red pepper, a papaya, and a cucumber for about $1.20.

Last night I had two slices of cheese and three little crackers after we got home. I'm going to say it was part of supper. I ate supper on the road, and my day was really light on the protein. I thought about calling it a fail, but I would have eaten better if we hadn't been on the road. We didn't get back till almost 8:30, so I really had to eat something in the car. We're going to Mexico city every week, and its a 2 to 2 1/2 hour trip each way. Kind of exhausting, all mountain roads. Next week I think I'll pack veggies, fruit and sandwiches in our cooler!

Today, day 10 is SUCCESS!

breakfast: Green smoothie
dinner: Pasta dish with cream sauce, red peppers and cheese, salad with carrots, tomatoes, cucumber and sunflower seeds, a few roasted nuts
supper: breaded chicken breast sandwich on whole grain with sauteed bell peppers and onions. Papaya, tomato, and cucumbers on the side. (YUM)

Patty

KL

Post by KL » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi Sweetness - wanted to say what a great job you're doing. :D You're almost half-way to the 21 club - yay for you :!:

I started No S the first of March, and God is so good to me. I have my sanity back...
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:20 am

KL, Thanks!

I took an extra NWS day friday because we went out for breakfast for our weekly date. Actually I just had half a sweet roll, the rest was pretty normal. I wrote down all that I ate Friday and Sat, but not sure if I have time to post it here. I've been working like crazy to get ready for our pastor's wives retreat which is tomorrow and Tuesday. I still have to make sure I have everything packed and ready, then go to bed early. I'm having a great weekend! So Friday, Saturday and Sunday days 11, 12, and 13 were S days. :D :D :D

I have been walking every day at least a mile. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Will post again on Tues nite or Wed. 8)
Patty

gk

Post by gk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:26 am

A reformed chocoholic, huh? That's actually possible? Ah, you give me hope. Thanks for stopping by my thread and letting me know people actually can beat that habit. Will have to try your cocoa trick - sounds yummy. :D

Keep up the great work! Hope you have a wonderful time at the pastor's wives retreat. :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:39 am

A reformed chocoholic, huh? That's actually possible? Ah, you give me hope. Thanks for stopping by my thread and letting me know people actually can beat that habit. Will have to try your cocoa trick - sounds yummy.

Keep up the great work! Hope you have a wonderful time at the pastor's wives retreat.
Gk, thanks! The retreat was WONDERFUL!! I am actually quite proud of myself after the retreat. At our break times I was really happy with my special tea. I passed up two coffee break goodie tables, PLUS chocolates and candies during our spa night. I also passed on dessert yesterday. I had bought the cookies and candies myself so they were my personal favorites, although I like dark chocolate better, I brought some of that in case I needed to cave. The food was very good and plentiful, so I didn't feel hungry. (That was also my downfall, as I will explain.) I count yesterday a SUCCESS :mrgreen:

But today, breakfast messed me up right away. The kitchen served courses. First fruit and yogurt with a little granola. Then 2 pancakes. I put a little syrup on it, not enough to be called a sweet. I thought they were done, and then they brought out scrambled eggs with ham and beans on the side. Our table asked for and ate half servings, but all that food would have had to be really piled to fit on one plate. I also had a tortilla. So I have to count today a FAIL :oops: even though I was really good for the rest. I ate the rice pudding today after dinner because it wasn't very sweet. Passed up the chocolate they were giving away for the road. Anyway I get to start over on my 21 day challenge after 14 successful days. :mrgreen:

Yes I could just call today an NWS day, but I just took one on Friday, and I want to have 21 days on habit to really say I belong to the 21 day club again. Vanilla No S does not include declaring an S day after you fail! :wink: I keep thinking of how strict Reinhard was on his sample 21 day post.

I'm not really discouraged, because I'm a natural optimist, and the habit really is kicking in, because even though I failed today, I'm quite content to leave the chocolate alone, I can wait till the weekend. And 21 more days of strict vanilla no S will be good for me!

Tomorrow is a new day and I'll start with day 1 again and go for the green!

Patty

gk

Post by gk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:07 am

So glad to hear your retreat went well! And you did so good with your No S!!! So many people would've said, "Aww, the heck with it" and eat all the goodies served the entire time. But you didn't - way to go!! :D

And to make it to 14 days - awesome! I'm floating on a cloud if I make it past Day 3 anymore :lol: , so you're doing very well!!!!

LOVE your optimistic attitude. I'm really trying to work on looking at the bright side of things with this whole process, instead of focusing on all the RED on my calendar. Hearing people like you is very inspiring in that aspect.

Keep up the great work!!! :)

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi, see you are doing well, so glad for you..

I'm doing okay, so far since coming back I'm green as green can be.

Urge struggles, but I don't want to be fat anymore, tired of being tired.

With that said, I will post my update and off to bed, ya right I wish, but plan on hitting the hay early.

See on the threads,
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:59 am

GK, Deb, thanks for your comments and encouragement!

Today is Day One of a new 21 day challenge, and it was SUCCESS!!

B- Green smoothie, mixed nuts, banana
Din- chicken soup, pasta side, chicken breast in mole sauce with mushrooms. 3 slices plantain.
Supper- Ham and cheese on whole grain, veggie sticks (carrots,celery, jicama, cucumber) a few grapes, mango yogurt.

It helped immensely to plan ahead and pack a supper for us for our trip to Mexico city today.
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 am

Today was day 2 and it was a SUCCESS! :mrgreen:

It was good to be home for most of the day after working so hard on the retreat and then gone for that, then yesterday to Mexico city.

B- Green Smoothie, 2 egg tacos, (2 eggs, 2 tortillas, sour cream, grated cheese, salsa)

Din- homemade chicken dumpling soup, 3 small quesadillas

sup- homemade chicken dumpling soup, crackers
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Today is day 3

This morning was a 50th birthday party for my friend, with 10 other girlfriends. One of them makes awesome chilaquiles, and all the food was awesome. So I had a combination breakfast/lunch, because I was there for 3 hours, and I ate two plates one with fruit, one with hot foods. The papaya and mango are really in season, grow right here nearby, Oh so yummy.

Brunch: Green smoothie, papaya, plums, mango, yogurt and granola.
Chilaquiles, with sour cream and cheese, cecina, refried beans. (I did not eat the birthday cake, but brought a couple little pieces home for us to eat tomorrow.) :wink:
Supper: chicken dumpling soup, 1/2 avocado, 1 tostada, nuts, banana
So today, day 3 was a SUCCESS :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sweetness on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:06 pm

you go girl another 21 day challenge.are you on a streak?

thanks for the encouragement...

i read somewhere about weight loss..instead of focusing on the weight you have lost focus on what is left to lose, matter of fact it was so good i'm going to post it to the main boards..

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:31 am

NoSnacker wrote:you go girl another 21 day challenge.are you on a streak?
Deb, This is the same challenge, I had to start over because of a Fail on Tuesday after 14 days. I'm on a 3 day green streak today! :mrgreen: Going for 21!
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:18 am

hi, gotcha...i guess i never started over the challenges :) but will keep in mind for my next challenge...i'm 14 days into my first challenge which is really a challenge with myself...do you post on the 21 day challenge thread? i keep track there of my days.

i have been feeling pretty good..just a tad excited today about it being an S day..but i plan on sticking to my 3 squares and allowing a snack/dessert on 1 or both days. and i pray i don't binge.....no more just eating like chips for lunch cause i can...that stuff just doesn't work for me..

when i was totally off no s and binging i ate what i wanted and when i wanted but the urge was never full-filled hence the boundaries on S days as well.

thanks for stopping by, have a super weekend.
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:13 am

Deb Thanks for the head's up on the challenge thread, I don't often look on the general discussion boards, so I didn't know it was there. I'm on there now. Somewhere there was a sample 21 day challenge that Reinhard did, I remember reading it but don't know where it is. He started over if he had a fail, and was quite strict.

Today, Saturday is day 4--- S Day

It was a good day, but I ate a lot. I think I'll take it easier tomorrow.

2 squares dark chocolate with my morning tea
B--green smoothie, two eggs, quesadilla with sour cream, cheese and salsa
Din-- veggie salad, small servings of 4 dishes: chicken in mole, white rice, spaghetti with cream and tomato, cheese stuffed poblano pepper, small piece of white cake, 1 square dark chocolate.
Supper-large baggie of homemade popcorn with avocado oil and butter, banana, ice cream cone with one scoop pistachio ice cream

Patty

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:21 am

Looks fantastic and completely yummy to me! ENJOY
Liz

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:25 am

Hey Patty....I posted another one of the Habit of Highly Successful Dieters...it does not mention about counting calories or diets..so I thought quite interesting.

For the 21 day challenge I think reenew started it, there are like 15 people on it I think. Did you start a new one?

K pal, have a wonderful Sunday....
deb

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:05 am

lbb and Deb, thanks for the encouragement!

Today was a good day, Day 5 it is and an S day.

3 squares of dk chocolate
B- green smoothie, granola with nuts and dried fruit, milk
Din- leftover chicken soup and chilaquiles, cecina (beef), 1/2 mango.
Sup- open face tuna sandwich, 1/2 mango, 4 green olives

Today I didn't eat quite as much food, but still feel quite full. It will be good to get back to more normal tomorrow.
:)
I'm going to work on being really strict about one plate, or at least "virtual plating" this week. I have always had a tendency to eat too much at each meal, and to put too much on my plate. Once it's on the plate, its hard for me not to eat it all. Mom made us clean our plates. Growing up, there were rarely any leftovers at suppertime. If you didn't get it on your plate the first time the dish was passed, chances are it would be gone. My brother was a competitive swimmer, they eat and burn lots of calories. So I tended to serve myself a very healthy portion, which resulted in my eating more than I needed.

I plan to use the smaller 8 1/2 inch plates unless the meal includes at least half fruits and veggies, then the 10 inch will do.

Have a great week everyone, and go for the GREEN! :mrgreen:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:16 am

Monday day 6 was Success

B- 1 egg, 1 quesadilla with cheese, sour cream, and salsa
Din- homemade chow mein made with chicken and lots of fresh veggies: onions, garlic, celery, carrots, red pepper, broccoli, green beans Over whole brown rice.
Sup- popcorn, apple, cheese, 5 prunes

Today Tuesday day 7 was Success!
B- Green smoothie, 2 eggs, whole grain toast, butter
Din- Leftover chow mein, homemade chow mein noodles.
Sup-Mango, salad, the rest of the chow mein and noodles

I am going to miss getting everything so fresh. I walk to the open market every day and buy for dinner. My landlady has chickens and I get my eggs from her. But back to Minnesota in just 3 weeks.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am

Hi Patty, yes I switched to the 8 1/2 in plates even before I started No S, funny but when I started No S, I grab the larger 12 inch plate and filled it, my husband said, wow some diet...with that said I went back to the smaller :).

I love some of the foods you eat they sound so yummy...

Have a wonderful day!

p.s., I know I would feel the same, coming back to our culture!
p.s.s., What about shipping the oil back to the states?

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:13 am

Deb, Thanks for stopping by!

Today, Wednesday is day 8 and a success!

Breakfast- green smoothie, two little eggs, wholegrain toast w butter
Dinner- at the restaurant in Mexico city- salad, chicken with bell peppers, pasta side, black beans, 3 tortillas.
Supper- in the car on the way home- tuna cheese sandwich, nuts and dried fruit, apple, jicama, 1/2 granola bar
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 pm

NoSnacker wrote:Hi Patty, yes I switched to the 8 1/2 in plates even before I started No S, funny but when I started No S, I grab the larger 12 inch plate and filled it, my husband said, wow some diet...with that said I went back to the smaller :).

I love some of the foods you eat they sound so yummy...

Have a wonderful day!

p.s., I know I would feel the same, coming back to our culture!
p.s.s., What about shipping the oil back to the states?
Deb,

I think the only way I would be confident shipping the avocado oil would be DHL, It cost us $40 to have a small package shipped once, so I'd be better off paying the high price to buy it there (but I won't). I am going to ask Costco about importing it though! Till then I will just look forward to having it here when we come back!

The way it's been working is we use the 10 inch plates for dinner, and the smaller plates for supper most of the time.

:wink:
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Today Thursday is day 9. I went out for an Amigas planning breakfast this morning. I had my green smoothie before I left the house, then a Mexican omelet, refried beans, a roll and half a handmade tortilla at the restaurant. I passed up the sweetrolls the restaurant's bakery is famous for. I did buy one on the way out, I put it in the freezer when I got home (I walked home-20 min walk). Hubby and I will split it Saturday.
For dinner I bought a half a barbecued chicken from my neighbors who sell them every weekend (yum). I had two chicken tacos with rice, sour cream, cheese and salsa, with a little salad.
For supper I will probably make quesadillas with the rest of the chicken and tortillas, along with some fruit and maybe some veggie sticks.

I'm going to miss having all this convenient food so close to my house! The tortilleria is only 1/2 block away; fresh hot tortillas. I can get fresh handmade ones if I walk 3 blocks! The corner store has milk, water, and a little of everything, especially snacky stuff (accross the street from our house). I'm going out now to buy some fresh fruits and veggies for tonight. I only have to walk 3 blocks in almost any direction to find a fruit and veggie store!
Patty

KL

Post by KL » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:08 am

Great work you're doing...

I would miss all those conveniences as well. When I lived in Thailand, the fresh fruit was beyond amazing. I was a only a teen at the time, but remember it fondly.
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:27 pm

yesterday day 9 was Success
supper yesterday was awesome, fresh everything. Veggie stix, beets, carrots, jicama, cucumber, and a half of the sweetest most awesome mango! With one quesadilla with an egg from my landlady's chickens. Wow, I felt like I died and went to heaven! :mrgreen:

Today day 10
B-- green smoothie
Din--3 chicken/cheese quesadillas with sour cream, tomato and salsa. on the side veggie stix and perfect papaya
Supper-- popcorn, and more yummy papaya
Success!!:mrgreen:

I'm taking care of my landlady's chickens while they're gone on vacation. The other day they all (11) got out of their pen. So here's me with a long pole trying to round them all up! :lol: Then Wednesday I made the mistake of trying to gather eggs before I fed them. The rooster attacked me! He threw himself at my leg with both feet and his beak, twice! Good thing I had long pants on that day because we were going up to Mexico city. Otherwise I wear shorts or a skirt,its hot here. I have bruises on my leg but he would have torn me up. I'm a city girl, but now I know to have a stick in my hand when I collect eggs! :roll:
Last edited by Sweetness on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patty

determined

Post by determined » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:18 am

Patty - Look at you!!!! I LOVE your green successes!!!!

Well done!

hugs...janie
Winnie the Pooh

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:29 am

Oh I'm sure that was a sight..chasing chickens....love it. I know my friend had a turkey and that thing has some dangerous feet. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Thanks for stopping by my post, I replied there.

I was just telling Janie, I noticed we all started around the same time last year. I asked her a couple questions, thought I'd ask the same of you. :) Did you ever leave No S because of red's? Have you lost weight?

I see you are on the green roll as well. It seems much easier this time, but shhhh, can't say that too loud.

What ever happened to Who Me, haven't seen her around here? Not that you would know, but thought I'd ask.

p.s. this Sunday will mark my end of my first 21 days cycle....then on to the next...

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:47 am

NoSnacker wrote:Oh I'm sure that was a sight..chasing chickens....love it. I know my friend had a turkey and that thing has some dangerous feet. Glad you didn't get hurt.

Thanks for stopping by my post, I replied there.

I was just telling Janie, I noticed we all started around the same time last year. I asked her a couple questions, thought I'd ask the same of you. :) Did you ever leave No S because of red's? Have you lost weight?

I see you are on the green roll as well. It seems much easier this time, but shhhh, can't say that too loud.

What ever happened to Who Me, haven't seen her around here? Not that you would know, but thought I'd ask.

p.s. this Sunday will mark my end of my first 21 days cycle....then on to the next...
Deb, I have never quit No S, not even for one day, I really like it. I feel so much better about food in general. I'm enjoying my 3 meals a day, and my S days are much saner than they were at first. I have gotten discouraged sometimes because I don't seem to be losing. It's because I still need to work on portions. I have lost weight but only maybe about 3, at the most 6 pounds. My scale here is worthless, and I go back to the states Apr 24 so I'll be able to check then. On the other hand the good thing is I have not gained weight, and the previous 4 years I gained at least 5 pounds a year! Someone said maintaining is victory, and it really is!

How would you answer those Q's?

no, I don't know what happened to Who me, hope she's doing well.

That nasty rooster came after me today again. :evil: I had a stick in my hand, but I picked up their food pan to move it so I could get to their water to change it, and he jumped or flew over the pan and bit my right hand and wrist 4 times! He was so FAST!!! I was bleeding all over, and now my wrist is swollen, not real bad but it hurts. But I don't think I will try to enter the chicken coop alone ever again! :cry:

Congrats on your almost 21 days!! :mrgreen:
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:33 am

Hi Patty, wow, that sounds terrible...I hope the bites heal okay for you. Maybe you should have that bad boy for dinner :)

For me I started last June, dropped out I think in October sometime...starting having a lot of red days and my weekends were maddening so I quit with the mindset that see, nothing works for me or this is too hard, yada yada... I did maintain I think at the time even though my S days were terrible..they just started to flow into my my N days, A LOT..I was like 168, after leaving I shot up to 186, now I'm back to 178. Did nothing for awhile, weighted myself occasionally as one knows when they are gaining.

Went back to spark people in January with the counting and stuff, lost a few then was tired of counting as it did show me I was eating between 2,500 and 3,000 a day...binging..mind you my normal consumption was 1,500, but rest was my night time binging..

So I'm back, and I have my first 21 days in and a huge blow-out yesterday...I just don't want to go back to no control again. I will and I won't give up, at least I pray I don't.

Have a blessed Easter and have some chicken for dinner..a roster that is :)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Deb, thanks for sharing, and don't be hard on yourself. We can do this!

Papaya has the little round black seeds, but you don"t eat the seeds. It's so good here because it grows on palm trees nearby. If its not ripe it tastes terrible.

I am ready to cook that rooster if I could get someone to kill and clean it for me! My hand feels much better today, thanks.

Yesterday was DAY 11 an S day.:lol:
B-- 2 squares dark chocolate, green smoothie, rice with two tiny eggs, sour cream, cheese and salsa.
Din-- Date with my hubby, we split the tampequeno beef plate (beef steak, rice, beans, taquito, enchilada, dinner roll and I had 1/4 of his sweet roll.)
Supper-- Papaya with plain yogurt, granola, honey, almonds and craisins. one square dark chocolate.

Today is Day 12 and an S day 8)
B-- Green smoothie, 2 squares dk chocolate, 1/2 of a danish roll, a small handful of mixed nuts
Dinner-- we went out to celebrate Easter. Turkey dinner: pineapple drink, cream of asparagus soup, chips, salsa, mashed potatoes, turkey and stuffing, gravy, flan for dessert- The turkey, stuffing and gravy were a little strange, didn't taste like turkey, but I ate it anyway! Oh well, we're in Mexico! I'll have to cook a turkey when we get back! I only had half of my flan (yum) I was so full.
Supper-- Grilled cheese on whole grain, 5 green olives, 1/2 of a yummy mango.

Happy Easter everyone!
Patty

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Today is day 13 and a SUCCESS

Breakfast-- Pastor's breakfast. Fruit (mango, papaya, melon) chile relleno, beans, rice, 2 tortillas.
Dinner-- Spaghetti with italian red sauce and gr.beef, salad.
Supper-- Leftover spaghetti, papaya.

Last edited by Sweetness on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 pm

You sure eat some really great sounding dishes....I could live on Mexican food, so darn good..

Oh ya know what I was thinking of pomergranes (spelling); put I do have a yogurt that has Papaya, and it does have those tiny seeds, that are eaten :)

Hope all is going well and the Roster is behaving himself.

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 am

Deb, Our neighbors have a pomegranate tree. I'll have to ask them when they ripen. Not sure what kind of seeds are in your yogurt, but the seeds of the papaya are not usually eaten. They're not tiny, about as big as peas. Maybe your yogurt has blackberries in it too?
Thanks my hand is all healed up. My landlady came back so I don't have to go into that coop any more! She was really surprised the rooster attacked me, and said she would make him pay! I said that's OK he probably just thought he was protecting his harem. He has ten hens.

I really love Mexican food.

Today is Day 14 and a SUCCESS :mrgreen:

B- green smoothie, 2 little eggs from the little chickens in the coop. I paid a great price to get those eggs!!! (see previous posts) 1 whole grain toast with butter
L- Hamburger with minced red bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, tomato, cheese on whole grain. Sweet potato and white potato, boiled then sauteed. 1 mango.
Supper- salad with carrots and tomato, nuts, leftover spaghetti with Parmesan.
Patty

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 am

Helllooo Patty,,,,thanks for stopping by! I looked back at my habitcal from last go around...and the first month all green, second month 3 reds, third month 3 reds, and then fourth month seems I just gave up.

I pray it is different this time..working on convincing myself it is different this time...

Glad the landlady is back..p.s. I probably wouldn't have eaten the roster...I could not bare the actually thought of eating such a protector of his harem...

gk

Post by gk » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Sweetness wrote:Today is Day 14 and a SUCCESS :mrgreen:
Look at you GO!!! Great job!! :D

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:11 am

Gk, Deb, thanks! Deb, You can stick with this. I've had more than 3 reds in a month before. I think it's important not to be hard on yourself. It will be better this time!

Today is Day 15 and a success! :mrgreen:
B- green smoothie, two eggs, sweet and white potatoes.
Din- in the restaurant in Mexico city- veggie soup, rice and beans, two tortillas, 3 mushroom and cheese enchiladas.
Sup- in the car on the road- turkey ham and cheese on whole grain, doritos, celery and bell pepper stix, apple, mixed nuts.
Patty

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:44 am

Hi Patty! Just dropping in to say I've been enjoying reading your posts and well done on your success and satisfaction with the No S Plan. I, too, have been mostly maintaining - give or take the odd lb or two - over the last 2 and a half years i have been on this plan. However, I do believe had i not stuck by No S, I would have been much, much heavier by now.

So sorry to hear about you getting attacked by the chicken! Hope you're feeling better now. Take care! Have a good trip back to the States also.
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 am

NoSRocks wrote:Hi Patty! Just dropping in to say I've been enjoying reading your posts and well done on your success and satisfaction with the No S Plan. I, too, have been mostly maintaining - give or take the odd lb or two - over the last 2 and a half years i have been on this plan. However, I do believe had i not stuck by No S, I would have been much, much heavier by now.

So sorry to hear about you getting attacked by the chicken! Hope you're feeling better now. Take care! Have a good trip back to the States also.
Thanks for stopping by! Maintaining really is success, we need to tell ourselves that! So many can lose weight, but maintaining is the hard part, and No S makes it almost easy!

I'm feeling fine, my hand is healed and my leg doesn't hurt, just still looks ugly. I'm just glad my neighbors are back and I don't have to go back in that coop with that bad boy any more!!

Today is day 16 and a NWS day We had a potluck picnic/game party with our best friends here. 2 other missionary families we have known for 12 years. It was kind of our last time to visit with them, and definitely a special day, kind of a goodbye party for us. :lol:

B- green smoothie, 2 little eggs, 2 small quesadillas
Din- 1/2 chicken breast and wing, 1 homemade tortilla, sour cream, cheese, salsa. Salad, Rosemary-chicken dish. jello with yogurt.
Sup- 1/2 chicken breast, guava, mushroom and cheese quesadilla, 2 squares dark chocolate.
Patty

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 am

Good job sweetness!! Nice to get momentum!
I really like Cuernavaca, was born in Mexico City though don't remember it much Just bits and pieces of the house and such, but was in Cuernavaca a few years ago. :D

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Glad your time with your friends was special! I'm sure you will miss being there. Is this something you want to do permanently? I know last I was on here you have just gone there.

Have a great weekend...and thanks for the smiles!

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Just took a look at some online photos of Cuernavaca! It looks absolutely gorgeous :D :D
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Ya, I hear ya...we did the same better eat it while it is there..:)

Sweetness

Post by Sweetness » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:25 am

Snapdragon, Deb, Roxy, Thanks for the encouragement. Cuernavaca is beautiful, even though we live in a very crowded part of town, my landlady has a green thumb. Her garden always has something blooming, palm trees, fruit trees, bugambillas, plants, flowers, exotic tropical flowers... but especially now in the spring!! But we're going back to Minnesota, which is awesome in spring and summer. So we have the best of both worlds.

Deb, This is now our third year of dividing up the year, 6 months here and 6 months there. We lived here full time with our two sons from 2000 to 2006. Eventually when our sons finally move out (they now live in our house in Minnesota, ages 25 and 24) we will likely sell our Minnesota house and live here 9 or 10 months of the year. We have ministries in both places, and our family is all in the USA. We have 5 grandchildren from the older girls. Aging parents also make us feel we should be there more than a couple months a year for now. So we bought round trip tickets again, April 24 to Oct 23 in Minnesota. 8)

Today, day 17 was a good day, I'm going to call it a success even though breakfast was a little iffy. We had a pastor's breakfast, I had a piece of my hubby's roll which was kinda sweet. They served breakfast in courses, and it would have taken a rather large plate for all the food! First a little fruit, then two little tostadas with sauteed veggies, then a bean and beef soup, very yummy. I had a tortilla with that. (Should have done what our friend did, no roll, he ate the veggies off the tostada, then no tortilla with the soup.)

So I wasn't hungry at dinner time even though I waited till 3 PM. I had planned on making picadillo, made chef salad instead. So I ate about half of my small chef salad (spring mix Lettuce, carrot, chicken, turkey ham, cucumber, cheese, tomatoes, croutons, and ceasar dressing)

I had the other half of the salad at supper, plus some fruit- mango, pineapple, papaya, cantaloupe- all on the smaller plate.

Patty