New Strawberry Roan Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 am

:D

Guess what, I got an extra stretchy tape and suddenly I have an 18inch waist. Woo HOO 8)
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:58 am

I want that tape, Strawberry. I think I have been looking for that tape all my life. Hahaha. Best of luck to you and see you back here when you get here. It sounds like you have things under control and that is where we all want to be.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 am

Hi guys,

Rut Roh, I feel the weight creeping back up. 144 pounds this morning, just a pound or two but I really haven't been eating as clean as I should. The only way I am really honest is if I post exactly what I eat. We have had several family events and sadly a couple of funerals where there was a lot of food served afterwards.

I know posting mundane daily food is boring to some but necessary to me.

Will start tomorrow again as I really cannot remember what I ate today, it wasn't bad I just have a memory block. Oh, wait, I do remember eating half of last night's Sub, veggie delite for dinner and an egg salad sandwich for lunch.

I noticed today that I was sucking in my stomach, which I hadn't done for a couple of months.

Gotta stay on track with the holidays coming up. The boss brought one of those HUGE bags of miniature candy bars on Monday and yes I had a few on Mon AND Tuesday but came to my senses on Wednesday. The fact that the bowl is on MY desk doesn't help matters any. But I can do it.

I really do feel better being in control of things. Exercise is still going great which has been my saving grace I am sure.

Hope everybody is doing great, I will try to catch up on your threads.

:wink:
Berry

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:11 am

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Aw Thanks Who Me but everything is fine.

I realized that I needed to be accountable to myself and this is the best place to do so. I would do great at Weight Watchers as I love having to answer to somebody else :D

143 this morning so I am still on track, just felt puffy for some reason. But I also missed all of you and this is where I need to be.

Went shopping with friends all day, didn't eat breakfast, ate fries and a Diet Dr Pepper at lunch but will have a healthy dinner for sure.

Ended up having veggie chili that I need to get finished up with a few crackers and baked potato skin with sour cream (mashed the inside of the potato with some butter, chives and sour cream and gave it to the hubby with chicken fried steak and fresh peas - it was a HUGE potato).
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK, STRAWBERRY!! :D :D

I'd also like to add: I really enjoy reading food diaries on here and no, it doesn't make boring reading! In fact, I kinda wish I'd kept a record myself since it could be useful to keep track of when I might gain weight or what I was doing/eating differently to lose! Just my humble opinion LOL!!

Have a great weekend, all, lots of love Roxy xx
No S-er since December 2009
Streamlined S Days: 6/25/12
SW: 170 /CW: 127
Weight loss to date: 43 lbs

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Hey, good to see you Roxy. Thanks so much. Glad to be back among the Nosers :D

Had two pieces of french toast and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Did my Ab Coaster and am still loving it.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:52 am

Happy Sunday All.

Got up early but slept great because I worked outside almost ALL DAY yesterday, got all the Fall decorations out and cleaned up every single perennial bed. Everything looks so pretty.

Didn't eat much, a couple of frozen cheese taquitos things at mid afternoon with sour cream, literally standing up. Had a couple roast beef sandwiches in the fridge that I had bought for the hubby when I was out with friends Friday so he ate those late at night with some chips. He was on the John Deere almost all day long, did a beautiful job on the property.

I just took a glass of wine into a hot bubble bath, read a book and relaxed before bed. Didn't feel like eating as I don't like to eat after seven or so at night.
Berry

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Strawberry Roan wrote:I just took a glass of wine into a hot bubble bath, read a book and relaxed before bed.
Ditto! Welcome back.....glad to see you are still on track!! And definitely sounded like a wonderful, relaxing, night...

I'm still hoping to stop the binging cycle...a work in progress for sure.

Thanks for stopping by to say hi!!
deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks No S. Missed you all.

Monday morning, back to work.

Sore back, arms and neck today but it feels good. Painted yesterday (outside) and everything looks great.

Ate faux sausage and hash browns for breakfast, egg salad on jalapeno/cheddar toast for lunch and a small salad and a bowl of homemade vegetable soup for dinner. Will be taking a salad and soup to work as well.
Berry

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:14 am

Sounds yummy...what is faux sausage, never hear of it?

We painted our house this summer and nothing feels or looks as good a freshly painted house.

Funny, I ended up painted it the same color as when I painted it a few years ago...

Here's to a great week for all of us!

I surely could use a great week, even a great day...
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

3-0-7 girl

Post by 3-0-7 girl » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 pm

NoSnacker wrote:Sounds yummy...what is faux sausage, never hear of it?

We painted our house this summer and nothing feels or looks as good a freshly painted house.

Funny, I ended up painted it the same color as when I painted it a few years ago...

I"m not Berry but it's probably vegetarian sausage. :wink:
3-0-7 girl

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God… (Dt. 11:26-28.)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 am

3-0-7 girl wrote:
NoSnacker wrote:Sounds yummy...what is faux sausage, never hear of it?

I"m not Berry but it's probably vegetarian sausage. :wink:
Hi there, glad to see you. Yes, It is Morningstar Farms sausage patties. We both like them a lot, but they have to be crisped up just right. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 am

Checking in, everything is going fine - finished the egg salad on jalapeno toast for dinner with Ore Ida fries. Had a loaded baked potato at work, the boss bought us all one. It is a fund raiser for the local senior center, they send around fliers and the local businesses order the potatoes with all the toppings they want and they deliver to the offices. They were fine, not great but fine. And for a good cause. And the boss paid, we locked the door and all ate at the conference table and had a good visit for a solid hour.

Been having my salads with all the fixings and finished up my homemade vegetable soup. Will be shopping for some more good food tomorrow, always enjoy that. One night this week I was eating a huge salad and a bowl of soup, my husband said,

What you got there, about 15 vegetables in total? I said, At least :D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Hello Friends.

Things are going well, been very busy indoors and out. Been eating pretty clean, went to an anniversary party yesterday, they had white cake and chocolate cake so I got one kind, the hubby got the other and we split them. That way we could taste both cakes without eating two pieces :wink:

Then we went out to eat Mexican food later, we had a wonderful time.

Today at lunch he got a pulled pork dinner that came with baked beans and Texas toast along with cole slaw. I ate the beans and the toast as he didn't want either, he ate the others. Worked out great.

Plan to just eat a big salad for dinner.

Been keeping up the exercise, wore my new Coldwater Creek skirt yesterday and it fit great.

Hope everybody is doing well.

To your health all,
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:09 am

Good to hear from you again. We all missed you and your interesting meals. You eat like I would like to and dream about. I plan suppers and they are fun and exciting but my breakfasts and lunches are truly uninspired. I fuss for others but not when it is just for me. Hmmmm. Have to think about that one.
Anyway, so glad you are back here and also back on track.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks so much Pangelsue. :wink:

Hello to all, survived Halloween intact but with a huge bowl of candy. :shock: as we live in a rural area without many trick or treaters.

Doing fine, staying on track, when I feel that a pair of jeans is a big snugger than the last time I wore them, I just watch it the next day. Gonna stay on top of this thing, easier than playing catch up.

Weight is staying in the 145 range, I am eating more or less what I want to but do watch the snacks and sweets and fall back on my standards, salads/fruits/veggies. I have upped the exercise as I really love to do that.

Here is a snippet from a Success Story segment on Calorie Count (I have been a member there since 2007 (when I weighed 160 pounds)

7. How do you prevent relapse?

I indulge. I never deprive myself. I eat what I want but I just eat less of it. If I want cheesecake, I best know I am going to have it, I just won't eat the whole slice. I have learned the true meaning of satisfaction which has rolled into my life. When I do have a bad day, I just tell myself, that was fun! Now it's time to get back on track. I try to never make myself feel bad. We all have our moments and we should never make ourselves feel bad for giving in.

Hope everybody is doing well, gearing up for the holidays ahead,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Satruday's food log

Two homemade pancakes with margarine and sugar free syrup (just like the taste better) for breakfast/lunch as I ate at about noon. :wink:

Had a veggie burger on two thin slices of whole wheat bread with pickles and mustard along with five jalapeno cheddar bites. All was great :D
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

determined

Post by determined » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:24 pm

As I was sitting here wondering if I should eat dinner or not, I read about you just having a glass of wine & not bothering to eat. That's exactly what I needed to hear because I actually don't think I'm hungry, AND, it's almost 8:00pm. You are doing so well...and seem not to be compelled to eat if you aren't hungry...what a concept! :) It's precisely what I needed to read tonight.

Thanks for the encouragement...

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:31 pm

determined wrote:As I was sitting here wondering if I should eat dinner or not, I read about you just having a glass of wine & not bothering to eat. That's exactly what I needed to hear because I actually don't think I'm hungry, AND, it's almost 8:00pm. You are doing so well...and seem not to be compelled to eat if you aren't hungry...what a concept! :) It's precisely what I needed to read tonight.

Thanks for the encouragement...

janie

Sounds like a plan to me, our body will usually tell us what we need to hear. :wink:

Good to "see" you.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Monday morning, back at work.

Had a great weekend, although the house is literally filled wtih Halloween candy, I ate nary a piece.

Yesterday I had a big salad for lunch (never eat breakfast before church) and a bit of Taco rice and a bowl of homemade vegetalbe soup for dinner with a piece of butter crusty bread. All were great (the taco rice was something left in the fridge that I wanted to clear out, hubby ate some with tamales so its all gone now).

Drinking a big mug of hot lemon tea, didn't bring any diet sodas today, amazing difference I feel after not drinking any since last Friday, I pulled out a pair of gray dress slacks this morning and couldn't remember if they were snug or not but they slid right on. I really am so much puffier when I am on the sauce, I mean diet soda :D

Brought some more of my homemade veggie soup to work, probably enough for a couple days, we shall see. That is probably all I will eat here today, I rarely eat breakfast.

Good to be back keeping track of my food, it really helps me focus.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Happy Tuesday.

Ate exactly as planned yesterday, had my veggie soup at work, had veggie chili and grilled cheese for supper, drank water.

My husband gets a kick out of me, he says that he loves to see me on a "mission". I have easily a case of diet soda yet am refusing to drink any because I want to show "it" who is in charge.

Same with the giant bowl of my favoirte little candy bars on the island.

And, I'm winning 8) That is the difference between the last couple of years and every other time I have tried to get this thing under control. I FINALLY have gotten it right in my head, now it seems so easy. Only took about sixty years........

Haven't had anything but hot lemon/water so far, it is 11:00 here. Will eat some more of my homemade soup for lunch and that will be it until dinner. Will probably have a big salad then. Have some huge green grapes that I will throw in the salad, wished I had brought some to work but that's on tomorrow agenda.

To your health all.
Berry

determined

Post by determined » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 pm

You are doing great....well done!!

janie
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks janie :wink: Good to "see" you.

Still eating clean, have had no soda or candy all week although I am surrounded by it. :roll: Remembered to take my grapes to work yesterday, they were probably the biggest, crispest green grapes I have ever eaten. Also had a cheese stick and a couple big pretzel rods. Had homemade chicken pot pie for dinner, it was yummy as well. Also sliced up a beautiful red sweet pepper and ate it, slice by slice (well half of it, shared with the hubby). It was so good, made those Butterfingers and Reese's cups sitting nearby pale in comparison.

Going out with some friends today so might end up at Wendy's or something, if so I will get the smallest fries or onion rings or whatever and enjoy the visit.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Happy Friday,

Did indeed have the fries at Wendy's with a Diet Coke, both were fine.
Made a lemon poundcake yesterday afternoon, had a sliver while it was hot and a piece later on, very good. Just glazed it lightly. Made salmon patties, real mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner. I ate the vegetables, hubby is the salmon man :D

Didn't eat breakfast today, just had a salad with salsa as dressing and a grilled cheese (no butter, just butter spray the bread lightly, cannot stand a soggy grilled cheese :shock: )

Had a couple long pretzel sticks and a bite sized Butterfinger and Milky Way bar, nice salty/sweet mixture, mid afternoon. I like knowing that if I want a bite of candy, I can have it - but I don't have to.......

We will be going out for pizza, tonight is date night.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Still getting over date night?
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:38 pm

oolala53 wrote:Still getting over date night?

Well, it was quite exhausting :D :D :D

Good to see you oolala,

Doing fine here, getting ready to make waffles for breakfast when the hubby comes in from doing some work in the potting shed (putting up stuff for the winter I would guess).

Still eating pretty good, really doing good with the exercise, I never miss it and often add a little more than planned. Last Sunday I was standing at the bathroom mirror in my bra and half slip. Hubby walked by and said, That Ab machine is really working :wink:

Still have some Halloween candy in a big bowl, have a bite sized bar every now and then but haven't over indulged.

So - bring on Thanskgiving 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:20 pm

I am S T U F F E D :roll:

Going out later with friends and will be eating no more than a salad,

honest :wink:
Berry