21 day question

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rpm

21 day question

Post by rpm » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:00 pm

It has taken me two attempts but this Friday will mark 21 successful days following no S. But .... with Thanksgiving being a legitimate S day do I need to start the 21 days over to be a member of the 21 day club?
René
Taking care of me, one No S Day at a time!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:20 pm

Personally I'd say no.
Fantastic work RPM!
Good for you!
Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

la_loser

21 --- yea!

Post by la_loser » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:44 pm

Similar questions have been asked before. Reinhard's answer is N days AND S days count toward the 21 day mark.

Congrats!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

rpm

Post by rpm » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:56 pm

Thank you Deb and LA. This discussion board is very active and I get bogged down searching for answers. Thanks for answering a question that has been asked before.

If all goes well (and I am working to be sure it does) I will be posting in the 21 day club thread on Saturday.

I have to also say thank you to everybody who shares their wisdom on this board. For the most part I am a lurker and not a poster, mainly because I have nothing to add to the wisdom already present.

Have a great No S day!
René
Taking care of me, one No S Day at a time!

la_loser

Lurk away

Post by la_loser » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:55 pm

RPM,

I didn't mean to imply that you could have found that answer for yourself! In the interests of time before one of the real experts could answer, I just wanted to chime what I'd remembered that others would say.

At the beginning and even still sometimes, when I have time, I'll just search some key word I've been wondering about, then I find way more answers than I have time time read! The awesome insights that many of our posters have is tremendous. And the book is such an easy read and easy to refer to to get answers as well. I lurked and searched for several months before "joining" then some more before ever posting myself.

I think many of us are mostly lurkers but add in our comments when something sparks our "I've got it" or "oh, I remember when someone else talked about that" trigger!

Sounds like you're doing great. Keep up the good work!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Congrats RPM!!!!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...