Jenny's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jennyp

Jenny's check in

Post by jennyp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:35 am

So tomorrow is day 1 and I'm looking forward to it. I think a check in will be good accountability!
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:25 pm

So day #1 is going great so far!

b - oatmeal, ff milk, blueberries, 2 eggs, coffee
l - mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, pear (I couldn't finish it all, I feel like I ate too much! So maybe that's a good thing!!!)
d - shredded wheat, ff milk, banana

I don't snack in the evenings so I'm declaring SUCCESS today!!!! YAY :)
Last edited by jennyp on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:03 am

So this isn't my first time on a forum...but how do you change the color of your words? I highlighted the word and then chose the color, but that didn't work. I *know* its not that hard but apparently I'm having some difficulties! :?
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:08 pm

Day #2

Thanks Kathleen - You helped me figure out how to change the color of my words :)

So I've moved the scale out into the garage (someone on here had that idea and I think its great!!!) and after 1 day, I already feel skinnier!!! I know its all in my head but I'll still take it! Ha ha!

b - oatmeal, blueberries, ff milk, scrambled eggs, coffee
l - chicken and spinach bake, big salad with light dressing, nectarine
d - mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, ff milk

I LOVE this diet!!!

Editing to call tonight a SUCCESS

But today's my first hungry evening so I'm going to go to bed early!
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:01 am

Day 3 = SUCCESS

Today was my first time to eat outside of the house. I went to a girlfriends house for dinner, had 2 drinks and only ate my plate full. So it was a success. I've just come off a WW core experience for almost a year now. I was very successful and have lifetime membership status, which I'm still pretty proud of. And it was a good experience as I eat pretty healthily (for the most part.) But its hard as I've lived that life for so long. It just became an obsession that wasn't working. I couldn't enjoy myself at a friends house for dinner as I wasn't in control of the meal and didn't feel right imposing my way of eating on everyone. Which of course led me to feel a little miserable as I knew I was "failing" a little by eating off plan. I hate all this mind chatter of what's ok and what's not now that I'm more focussed on NoS. I'm definitely looking forward to that changing!

b - kashi cereal, ff milk, banana, 1 egg, coffee
l - veggie burger, mashed potatoes, peas
d - creamy sour cream chicken, brown rice, salad, light dressing
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:03 am

Day 4 = SUCCESS

I was so freaken busy at work today that I didn't feel hungry once. It was good for that reason...but hard because it was a rough day. But it is finished and a success and that's all that matters.

b - oatmeal, blueberries, ff milk, coffee
l - veggie burger, peas, ff yogurt with blueberries
d - shredded wheat, banana, 2 pieces toast
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:15 pm

I had my first week of successful n days. That feels great. The weekend was normal snacking and a few sweets but still chose good options for breakfast and lunch.

TMI - I've been constipated since starting. Its definitely uncomfortable and I'm trying to "move things along" with fiber one cereal, some special tea, oatmeal. But am not having any luck. Its getting frustrating! I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?
Jenny

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Congratulations on your excellent first week!

Regarding "moving things along" (grin), I've heard that keeping oneself well hydrated is key, along with the fiber. Are you drinking enough? A few glasses of water a day should do the trick, but it's easy enough to forget.

Sorry if that doesn't work, it's the first thing that comes to mind. :]
- Your friendly neighborhood vegan, proud shovelglover!

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi Neptunus - You know, come to think of it, I haven't been getting enough water in. I normally drink the recommended amount daily, I love it, but lately I just haven't been doing well with that. I can almost bet that's the problem - Great idea!!! Thank you!!!
Jenny

Neptunus

Post by Neptunus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:09 pm

I'm pleased I could offer some help, I hope it works for you.

Constipation is such a pain in the arse! Literally, in fact. :lol: (sorry, I couldn't resist that one)
- Your friendly neighborhood vegan, proud shovelglover!

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:14 pm

HAHA!!! Yeah! No $hit! :lol:
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Day 6 = Success

I was pretty hungry when making dinner last night but waited to eat anything until it was finished. That was good!
Jenny

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Day's 7,8, and 9 are all SUCCESSES!!!
Jenny

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Jenny,

You're doing great!!!!!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Thanks Janie! I appreciate that :)

So I was an idiot this weekend!!! I hate this relationship I have with food! The weekend came and I knew I could eat sweets and snacks and just because I could...I did. And I wasn't even hungry. But I thought that I won't get to do this for a whole other week, I better do it now. I even contemplated going out for a "chocolate something" last night! And I wasn't hungry in the least!!! I didn't go get it, thank goodness! But still, the thought was definitely there! I almost feel like a failure because of my thoughts even. They are so sabotaging! I can get through the week just fine (even though I'm thinking about snacks or sweets all he time) and then I feel like I go crazy on the weekend.

Now that the weekend is over, here's to a good week!
Jenny

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

But still, the thought was definitely there! I almost feel like a failure because of my thoughts even. They are so sabotaging! I can get through the week just fine (even though I'm thinking about snacks or sweets all he time) and then I feel like I go crazy on the weekend.
Jenny,

if you just keep plugging away and keeping your N days green and DON'T WORRY about your S Days, ONLY worry about ENJOYING WHATEVER you eat on your S Days, you will be amazed at the changes that will occur when "you aren't even looking"!

You are doing GREAT!

FORGET whatever churning chastisements are lingering about your weekend and ENJOY your N days, next weekend will just be another opportunity to ride that bike without the training wheels,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Blueskighs, you are awesome! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I wish I logged on last night and read them. I ended up letting my mind get the best of me and had a sweet snack after dinner last night. So I had to mark a failure on habitcal and here. It sucks (it wasn't even a "worth it" snack either!!!) but today, my 21 days start over and it will all be ok. I'll keep plugging along!

Day 15 (I wasn't counting correctly earlier in my posts) = FAILURE :(
Jenny