Jobroker1s Daily check in and Fan Club

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jobroker1

Jobroker1s Daily check in and Fan Club

Post by jobroker1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Well here we go. I must say after reading the book (accidently found it a bookstore...wasnt looking) I am excited and believe I have found the answer to my weight. Gluttony is the key!

I am 222 and looking to get to 185 and feel good again.

Good luck to all.!
Starting at 225
Goal is 185 and size 34 pants.

mel1974c

Post by mel1974c » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Welcome jobroker1!

Best of luck!

Melissa

jobroker1

Post by jobroker1 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Success yesterday. had to pile 3 pieces of pizza on a plate in front of friends...was very embarrasing. Im down to 219 after only a couple of days.

Had no idea how much i snacked until today. All of the sudden seeing all the opportunities to mindlessly sneak.
Starting at 225
Goal is 185 and size 34 pants.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:19 pm

I must say after reading the book (accidently found it a bookstore...wasnt looking) I am excited and believe I have found the answer to my weight.
jobroker1

that was my same experience on how I start with No S, so far last 4 1/2 months have been great, I am really EVEN MORE :D (if that is possible) beleiving that this is my long term answer/permanent solution to healing longterm BED (binge eating disorder) and weight stabilization!

Glad you are here!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

laguna

Post by laguna » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:38 pm

blueskighs wrote:
I must say after reading the book (accidently found it a bookstore...wasnt looking) I am excited and believe I have found the answer to my weight.
jobroker1

Welcome! I had a similar experience. I was looking for some inexpensive book to get my Amazon order up to $25 so I did not have to pay shipping and while browsing diet books - it seems I am always looking for an easy and good diet - there was NoS :wink: Sounds as though you are off to a good start! Good luck on your continued weight loss.

laguna
ilovekitties