hi guys im back

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

one2bhealthy

hi guys im back

Post by one2bhealthy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:44 am

still overweight, still fighting still prediabetic, high cholesterol and wanting to get heatlhy just another yr older. i have since moved and doing pretty well, except for this wt. so.............. here i go trying to change but not obsess.

excercise, working the no s and trying to keep a good , positive attitude. definitely using the habitcal to give me a visual. as usual i am looking forward to being a part of this website and i am so glad it is still here. lots of great advice on here, so that my plan.
starting no s diet: oct 28 2015
starting wt. 214
goal wt 125
age 50

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 am

Welcome back and good luck with your plan. :)

jessand2boys

Post by jessand2boys » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:20 pm

Good luck and welcome back!

one2bhealthy

thanks guys

Post by one2bhealthy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:20 pm

thanks guys , well, i guess i will never learn, i had someone talk me into trying isagenix, its a cleanse and detox. well i am sending it back and getting my money back, at 50 i thought i had learned that there is no quick fix. so............ i REALLY have tried everything. so now it is time to do this right. thanks for being here guys.

i know if i just come on here daily and just read and learn from you all i will finally get healthy. i hope i have finally learned my lesson. i dont want to have to take supplements and live on shakes to lose wt so i only did it for 2 days, so i can still get my money back.
starting wt. 214
goal wt 125
age 50

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:38 pm

OMgosh, I remember my tax preparer using Isagenix a few years ago when I had been on No S for awhile, certainly more than a year. I actually bought a bottle of something but never finished it. I knew I wouldn't do that whole kit and kaboodle, though. I imagined even one day on it and my insides cringed. I avoided all the testimonials. No S has helped me ignore all testimonials that aren't from people who have used whatever celebrated program for two years or more. Two to five years is the minimum. Before that, a huge percentage of people relapse. (Unfortunately, that might be true here, too. So much food available!)

What's interesting is that almost every year, my accountant has had some new angle on weight loss, all of them some kind of tricky food balancing or restricting, you can't eat this, and you can't eat that. This year she has sort of given up and weighs the most I've ever seen her weigh, I"m pretty sure. She has seen me lose and maintain, then lose some more for all these years. But I can tell that she doesn't believe it could work for her. And it might be true, because changing eating habits does demand a kind of honesty that can be hard to face and the willingness to keep going even when it's taking a long time to adjust. Lord knows I could use that honesty in some other areas of my life, and sometimes with No S, too!

I gently suggest you write a list of the reasons you want to learn to eat moderately permanently. Even if you never post here, read that list several times a day for the first few weeks and daily for at least three months. You can do that! I resisted doing that for years but finally did it, not just the making of the list, but actually reading it, the time I really committed to No S. the statements I had made and read started floating into my mind at just the right moments. It was pivotal. So was using many of the thinking strategies of Judith Beck though I hated her emphasis on being thin. I still do. I don't have to be thin. I just have to eat moderately.

It really is worth the sacrifice of pleasure from extra food to gain the pleasure of not being too full a lot of the time, to feeling more vital and springy. The bad news is the reward for not eating that next bite is not right at the moment of sacrifice. But it's worth it to wait. (That's one of my mantras. And when you have a lot of experiences of that being true, it gets easier. You just have to get over a few humps.)

I'm on your side!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

one2bhealthy

hey guys

Post by one2bhealthy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:01 pm

thanx for the post. i am moving more so thats good, but i am still struggling with eating. cause i thought i had to count cal again. well that resulted in a 4 lb gain. i need to be done with it all and do and STICK with no s. it is the one that makes the most sense. i just need to come on here more. thanx for still being here for me. have a great day all.
starting wt. 214
goal wt 125
age 50

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Have the best meals you can! Make them worth waiting for, esp. at the beginning-I mean, the re-beginning. When starting over, it's always good to backtrack a little.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

one2bhealthy

Post by one2bhealthy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:45 am

thanx so much for the advice. i can do this. going to talk about blood test on nov 2 i am also seeing a liver doctor for a fatty liver . so we will see.... looking forward to re starting. i work at a deli and it is hard not to pick on things i got into a very bad habit with that. about time to really change.

at 50 i am so tired of fighting myself on this. well gotta get my head straight and move on!!!
starting wt. 214
goal wt 125
age 50

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:10 am

Sounds like you may have incentive to commit to moderation. You can do it!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:49 am

One step/day at a time. :) The goal is to do better today than you did yesterday. No need to worry about having "perfect" days. I promise baby steps work as long as you keep at it.

Kind regards