Shammy's Meals

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Shammy

Shammy's Meals

Post by Shammy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Monday 9/8/14 weight: 232.5. <sigh> I've been this weight for years now.

B: 6 chicken wings (baked, salted, pepper) 2 slices cantaloupe, coffee with half n half

L: Kale "chips" (one full baking sheet, reduces down quite small), 3 slices cantaloupe, ¼ cup walnut halves
decaf coffee/half n half

D:

Today's Notes: Just coming off 3 months of antibiotics for chronic Lyme. My guts are in a bad, bad way. Lots of pain and bloating. Hoping to get my life back!

Many oddball food sensitivities, but I do my best on Meats/poultry/fish with NO additives (commonly they can be packaged and say *contains up to 10% salt solution, these meats make me very sick, very fast), all veggies (not "prepackaged" with flavors, just plain veggies- fresh, frozen, baked/roasted, sautéed, etc) Fruits, oils/butter, nuts/seeds and minimal dairy (half n half, yogurt (no additives). If it's in a box or package, it generally makes me sick. <sigh>

I am previously Shamrockmommy.
Shammy
Trying to keep sane with Vanilla NoS

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Welcome back, Shammy! I believe I know you as FarmerHal. Still keeping up with the gardening? Sounds like you are still on Paleo or something close, huh?
It's good to have you back in the fold. I hope the support on these boards helps you moderate your eating and meet your goals. (I too have come and gone over the years...)
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

aspencer27

Post by aspencer27 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Mmm, I love kale chips! It sounds like cooking at home would be an easy way to avoid most of the packaged stuff. I know for myself that even if I eat "unhealthy" foods that are cooked at home, I feel better and tend to lose weight versus eating "healthy" foods out of the house. Now, if only I could find someone to cook for me! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your chronic Lyme. Hopefully NoS can help keep you sane with the food and can help make you feel better!

la tortue

Post by la tortue » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry to hear about the Lyme. I have a friend who has it. I know it can be very rough. Hope you can find some relief from it.

Shammy

Post by Shammy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:39 pm

D: More chicken wings, grapes.

Been chugging water to try to help flush the antibiotics out. Dealing with a rash from them thats super itchy and blistery :(

Yes, osoniye, I was also Farmer Hal :) I couldn't remember my password for that so I just started a new name, Shammy.
Still have a lovely garden. Still try to do mostly paleo type diet.
Still fighting the swollen feet and I can't figure out just what it is causing it! Very frustrating.

Despite that, I keep up with my kiddos with homeschool and activities.

Lyme... been a total drag- all those years with arthritis and joint pain and all the wrong Dx's, could've been stopped with some antibiotics.

I feel loads better (aside from the trashed gut now, and skin!) but joints are pain free for now.

Glad to see everyone :)
Shammy
Trying to keep sane with Vanilla NoS

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:08 pm

Ohhhh , I know someone who went for years not knowing she had Lymes. It really shook her life up too. I am glad you are on the road to recovery!
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Welcome back! I remember you from before. That stinks about the Lyme disease. I'm glad your joint pain is feeling better.