Herbsgirl's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:44 pm

Oh you will love your new plate...it makes you feel like you are eating a lot!!! And a new bowl tooooo..good for you...

Glad you made your 21 days and are starting your next 21..time flies when you are having a good time.

Nice to hear your hubby and your daughter are supportive..that is great for a 7 year old to walk a mile and good for her toooo..

I took my granddaughter for a walk once and she loved it...

Yes, the lovely diet head..but ya know I didn't know i had a name until I read Reinhards book...

So I'm with you on trying to plan my meals this weekend and allow myself a snack or two if the urge arises..but no restrictions :).

deb
Last edited by NoSnacker on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Ok, I am going to try to have 3 meals and plan ahead a little too. We can report back to each other how it went!

Have a lovely weekend!!!

I wanted to post this Quote from Rienhard I found
here
http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5349

Reinhard wrote....
The official No S Diet way of determining your ideal weight:

1) eat moderately

2) see what happens.

I'm semi-serious. Actually I'm totally serious. People were much thinner before they had household scales. These numbers tend to just freak people out, and it's very hard to come up with meaningful, realistic goals. I used the above method and I wound up 15 pounds below what I thought was my ideal weight. Behavior is the problem, behavior is the solution. Weight is just a side effect.

Reinhard wrote
Eat moderately. Move moderately. See what happens.

That's your "ideal" weight.

My guess is that most people will actually wind up weighing a lot less following this rule than by striving for some semi-arbitrary number based on crude metrics like BMI. And they'll certainly wind up feeling a lot better about themselves.

Reihard wrote
No-s will "work" if you currently overeat.

If you don't, if you already eat moderately, then it won't do anything except merely increase your enjoyment of food and ensure that you don't slip into overeating in the future. Not too terrible, I think, but perhaps not what you're looking for.

No-s isn't about hitting some arbitrary goal, but about taking concrete steps to eating moderately. The idea is to focus on behavior rather than results. Eat and move moderately, see what happens. My guess is you'll be very happy, both with the results than unfold, and (more importantly) with the process of getting (and staying) there.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2
72 lbs lost in 19 wks 5' 6.5" 31 years old BMI 23.1
counting bites go to: countyourbites . blogspot . com

gk

Post by gk » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:17 am

You know, I read Reinhard's book last November when I started and thought it was a good read. After reading the quotes you listed, I think I'll read it again. He does make ALOT of good points, doesn't he?? I tend to overthink things......sometimes, I need to remind myself to relax and just make things simple, like they should be! :)
SW (as of 3/25/13): 172 lbs.
CW: 171 lbs.

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:21 am

gk wrote:You know, I read Reinhard's book last November when I started and thought it was a good read. After reading the quotes you listed, I think I'll read it again. He does make ALOT of good points, doesn't he?? I tend to overthink things......sometimes, I need to remind myself to relax and just make things simple, like they should be! :)
These quotes are from the website. Yes, I do read over the book too, more than once I skim through parts!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks for posting these on your page...it seems there really is a lot to what Reinhard says...thankfully what is on his website is also in his book just more in depth.

My heart's desire is to have a moderate weekend. Funny but it is a true desire, not out of free or diet head...I'm sick of making myself feel sick on the weekends from way too much excess.

Looking forward to a great weekend..no parties to contend with food wise.

Hope you have a great weekend.

So what corelle plate did you get? square/round, design.

Some women are freaks about shoes, I'm a freak about weird stuff.. :)

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Im with you on having a moderate weekend!

The corelle plate I got looks like this...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Corelle-Livin ... et/9208085

I just got the 8.5 inch one though! I think Im going to get some different designs eventually.

Ive been going through the archives in this bulliten board, and Ive founds some gems in what some people posted to this board, so Im thinking of posting them as quotes on my check-in pages, I will give credit to whoever posted it. There is alot of good information in the years past on this board!

Heres to a wonderful weekend of Moderate S days! Woooo!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Very nice pattern!!!! Simple things in life you gotta love them.

I haven't checked out the archives...I'm sure there is plenty to refer to.

Went for a 4 mile walk and hit up the market...just had some yummy special K cereal with the chocolate bits in it..I bought it during the week but figured it would be more on the treat side...it was okay, don't think I'll run out and buy it again.

have a good one.
deb

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:00 pm

4 miles! Thats a nice exercise! I am having 3 meals today! Yay! Hows your S days going for you? I feel a little more free not having the scales right now, but I dont want to gain either.

I found some information from Rienhard's podcast.... very good! All the quotes on this page are credited to Rienhard From this podcast link
http://everydaysystems.com/podcast/episode.php?id=37
Not a results goal, but a habit.

Because you're not practicing systematic moderation to hit some finite result.

Say, lose 50 pounds. Or run a 6 minute mile. Or whatever.

You may achieve these things in the process. But that's not the point.

The point IS the process:

the behavioral structure you put in place that's going to stay there long after you hit these goals.

Goals can be great. They're often necessary. If you have a deadline at work, that has to be a goal.

You don't have a choice in the matter.

But I think in terms of self improvement goals can be dangerous.

Because a goal implies "you're done."

But with most self-improvement, behavioral problems, you're never done.

It's like I say in my no-s diet before and during page:

"After" is a myth. It's "before" and "during." "After" is when you're dead.

Or on the shovelglove home page where I talk about "the Progress Trap."

"Progress is intrinsically temporary -- maintenance is what you'll be doing for the rest of your life."

You want to get out of "Goal-think" and into "habit-think"

And to the extent that you can't get rid of it, and I don't think you'll ever be able to completely get rid of it,

you want to use "goal-think" and redirect it to serving "habit-think"

By making behavior, behavioral compliance the goal rather than some result of that compliance.

For example, instead of focusing on pounds lost if you're doing no-s, or the weight of your shovelglove,
focus on days on habit, or even better, use the habitcal

"Habit-think" is powerful not just in contrast with "goal think,"

but also with this false modern dichotomy that a lot of us believe in,

between irresistible addition on the one had, and total freedom on the other.

This is really what stood out for me...too... stretching enthusiasm over years and decades instead of burning out! That is exactly what Amanda needs to hear, not to be so ALL or NOTHING! Even if Im not Losing right now, the powerful habits I am doing, are going to have a far reaching effect if I just stick with it and keep going. I can do tweak and do mods anytime. Now is the time to gradually, ever soo gradually build those concrete N days!!!
You want throttle your hubris, not let it run away with you.

That's the hardest part about self-disclipline. Not doing more, but doing less. Pacing yourself.

Holding yourself back so you can keep on going for the rest of your life.

Stretching that enthusiasm out over years and decades instead of letting it immediately exhaust itself
Focus on my N days, no matter what the scales says... and results will come... permanent results, not temporary ones, even if it takes years!!!
Focus on the letter of the law and the spirit will come.

And this.... N days forever Monday-Friday, 3 plates a day ISSS GOING to make a difference eventually even if the scales or my tape measure doesnt show it right away! Our habits whittle away on the waist line long after were thinking about it!
Because the goods news is, and this is something I've been really amazed to experience,

is how much of a difference even very short blocks of time and small amounts of effort can make if you're

consistent about complying with what you set out to do.

14 minutes of exercise every N-day can transform you.
So this isnt "just about losing my excess wieght" Its about changing my habits. If I change my habits, it will change my body. Simple as that. Even if we eventually have to put our own tweak in there to make it work for us it's all about habits. Because it can take 6 months-to a year to change on a more permanent basis.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 am

Thanks for posting all these reminders...Nice you put them on your daily posts so it is easy to check back over stuff that had meaning and inspiration.

I totally agree with not focusing on weight loss goals but on habit that will lead to weight loss...that is what I'm banking on.

I hope you had a great Saturday..mine was okay..did eat a couple things I could have did without, but not too bad overall.

deb

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:11 pm

My S days turned out not so good, well, I ate more than I should have! :shock: Two S days are too many for me, I just totally get off track or something. In other ways, 2 S days helps me stick to the plan, but I just dont know, ya know?

Reinhard's system makes sense, but I just dont know if I can handle this gaining wieght. I had originally lost around 7 lbs and now I have gained so I have only lost 3 lbs or so. Its very discouraging to say the least, I guess Im having a down day. I do not wear pants...I belong to a church that I wear a uniform (like the Amish kind of) and a cap. This uniform I wear, I have to make dresses. And the dresses I wear, I make, so I have all these dresses to wear and they dont hardly fit me...thats my dilima right now! I dont want to make fat dresses either, that is discouraging to me!!!

This is me heavier...

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo ... id=3708148

This is me skinny.... back when I was in the 170's!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_photo ... id=3702181

So I have all these skinny skinny dresses that will fit me when I get close to my goal wieght 155 hanging in my closet. I sewed them up because it motivated me to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to get back into my skinnier dresses, they are kind of tight to wear to church, I dont have much to wear besides the skinny ones. Maybe 1 or 2 dresses!

maybe your weekend went better than mind in that area?
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Sorry you are feeling so down right now..My S days weren't great either...I truly believe in time things will change for both of us.

Ahhh a sparker, I was on spark since 2008 and have since removed myself from there..although I do like the personal spark page set up.

Is there anyone in your church that might have some dresses that you may borrow temporarily?

Please hang in there..you are on the right path...you really just started right? I'm hopeful but I know it takes time.

Keep on keeping on...

Oh ya, you just bought the smaller plates...give that time to work as well.

talk to you soon.
deb

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:10 am

Hi...I made a decision this morning that I will be jumping off No S website for awhile and just live what I've learned...

I plan on using my habitcal and checking back in here on January 10 my year on No S.

I just wanted to personally tell you as we have been talking quite a bit.

God Bless your journey and I hope our paths will cross again here.

Keep up the good work..
deb

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:36 pm

deb, God bless you too! :D Thanks for letting me know!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:02 am

Sucess!

I decided to incorporate some counting into my meals

Breakfast 20 bites aprox

lunch 20 biltes aprox

Supper 20 bites aprox

DH is doing this with me too only 20 bites breakfast, 30 bites supper and lunch for him
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Success

Breakfast 16 bites

Lunch 22 bites

Supper 22 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Herbgirl,
First time browsing here. You seem very determined and this is good. You are also in a big hurry to make this happen and get results. I think all of us are right there with you on that type of thinking. It is diet head telling us that we should see instant results, get our eating under control and stay focused the rest of our lives. I have become convinced over the years that this type of thinking is counter productive for most of us. If we had only a couple of pounds to lose, we could up the exercise, skip a few desserts and be good to go. But if we are dealing with a lifetime of habits that need to be overcome, it is a much slower process. Success here will come in slow stages. We are not going for scale success here so much as habit and change. Habits and change come slowly and painfully unfortunately. We didn't get where we are in a couple of months and we won't overcome them in a couple of months. Most people here who are successful (and I don't yet count myself among them because I am still struggling) have been here several years. They have gone through a process of successes and setbacks. They have struggled with temptations, sometimes winning and sometimes losing. But gradually and slowly, they started winning more often than losing until winning became the new habit.
I am saying this because, we diet head types are way too much into scales, tape measures and obsessing about whether we are successes or failures at dieting. We need to take the focus off food and put it on habit. It is informative to say yes to a treat and see how that feels and say no to a treat and see how that feels. I think that is why Reinhard suggests the 2 S days. Every day has to become another day to find the groove or habit that works for us and then practice sticking with it. I have tried many, many variations here. Some with success and some not. I used to feel guilty about all the attempts that didn't work but as Edison said about inventing the light bulb "every failure is just another way not to invent a light bulb" or something to that effect. We are slowly searching for our path here. We are succeeding and failing along the way but as long as we don't give up, we are making progress.
What I am trying to say here, with too many words, is relax and dedicate yourself to the process of finding peace with food and eating. It is not a battle. It is a relationship. The more we try to tight fist control over it, the more we will obsess. Find new healthy habits and use them to slowly replace the unhealthy ones. If you stay true, some day the dresses will fit. In the meantime, wear a larger dress and go for a walk and enjoy the sunshine. There are so many more important things in life than scales and number of bites. Take it from a 66 year old recently diagnosed with treatable cancer, who has been chasing the elusive weight loss plan all her life and is only now finding out, I had the knowledge all along what was best for me. I just had to trust in myself that I could do it. And I also wasted a lot of living time worrying about it. Believe me, my reprieve with the cancer has shown me that there is so much more to life than dieting. The people I love will not always be here and neither will I. Make life fuller and food will naturally take a back step, I think. Maybe that is what Reinhard discovered. A way to make life not about the food.
I'm baaaack.

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:32 am

Hello! No S was not working for me, I probably would have had to quit it, if I could not make some modifications to it, after being on it for 3 weeks. It is way too discouraging to see myself gaining wieght and close to what I started at. Plus I have dresses in my closet that I want to fit into! MY husband is doing this with me, and I am still going to take S days, only the S days will probably have some mods. I think the system of really focusing during the week is pretty good!

My husband is also counting bites with me, and I have counted bites before successfully.

Breakfast 10 bites

Lunch 22 bites aprox

Supper 27 bites or so aprox
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Success!

Breakfast around 20 bites

Lunch arouund 18 bites

Supper around 22 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:26 am

Are you finding that counting the bites of good that you consume brings you contentment?

I'd never heard of this until recently, and I cannot imagine that this is an activity that would make me happy.

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Who me- It actually makes me feel in Control. With the regular No S, I was eating too much. It gives me a place to stop, without counting calories.

And it shrinks my stomach!!! Like maybe I used to get full at 20 bites, now I am getting full closer to 12 bites! My stomach is most definatly shrinking, as long as I dont go over 25 bites at a time...

Quote from http://www.healthzone.ca/health/article/742044
Still, studies have shown that significantly reducing caloric intake does produce measurable reductions in a person's stomach capacity.

In one study, for example, scientists recruited a small group of obese men and women and split them into two groups: one that ate freely and another that was put on a highly restricted diet that included small meals totalling less than 1,000 calories a day. The scientists used latex balloons to measure stomach capacity at the start of the study, and then four weeks later.

Among the dieters, gastric capacity was reduced 27 per cent to 36 per cent, on average, depending on how it was measured. There was no significant change in the control group.

This effect goes both ways: repeated intake of large meals, and bingeing in particular, increases stomach capacity. In some studies, including one in 2001, scientists found that normal-weight binge eaters tended to develop greater stomach capacities than obese subjects of comparable age and sex. And when groups of obese subjects are split into binge eaters and others, the binge groups show larger stomach capacities as well.

As a person who has done binging, I know this to be true. My stomach feels fuller sooner on a much smaller amount of food.

Yes it is legitamite way of cutting down your food...
80 bites is how I got started on it....

http://vimeo.com/17651939

http://www.facebook.com/#!/80Bites

http://80bitesdiet.com/app

They have an 80 bites device coming out
that looks like a calculator, keeps track of your bites per meal, for the day, for the last month, ect, and also helps you to eat slower. Like the app only in a calculator.

THere is also a bite counting watch type thing that will be available in a little less than a year on the market for a cheaper price...

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/fitness-fo ... 50080680/1

I alot of times use this to keep track of my bites per meal
http://www.amazon.com/Chrome-Tally-Coun ... 76&sr=8-17

But I ordered one of these to use at times also to keep on my arm...
http://www.amazon.com/Wrist-Scorekeeper ... 933&sr=1-2

My husband is counting bites with me so it helps. Some poeple count calories Successfully for decades to lose weight and keep it off, I count bites. Combining it with the No S approach, I am able to cut out most sugary things during the week, lax a little on weekends, but yet my focus is to try to have strict control during the week, which is the premise of the No S diet.

I can easily see how many average bites a week Im getting on N days, by averaging them out, per meal, and per day. THen if I gain wieght or whatever I know how to cut back. Even a few bites a day will add up to less calories! I know exactly where I am at portion wise, without reading the backs of packages and looking up calorie amounts.

It all evens out in the end. Poeple usually eat alot of the same types of foods, whether its lettuce or peanut butter.

I know Bright Angel on these boards counts calories and that works for her. I find this much easier for myself. It all comes down to what works best for us indivually! Counting bites is something I can take with me anywhere basicly! Kind of like the one plate thing.

SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Success!

Breakfast 12 bites

Lunch 14 bite

Supper 25 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Breakfast-around 12 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi there, how is the counting bites going. You had me thinking so how many grapes would one put in their mouth to count as a bite...I can't see eating 12 grapes for breakfast, I would be starving.

I'm struggling to have a green day as this past week or so I have fallen on my face..but I'm getting back up..thankfully I didn't need stitches :)..

Hope all is well for you!

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi NoSnacker! I am having more trouble, I am in the week before my period, so it seems like my desire to eat has gone up! But the good news is, my DH is doing this with me and counting bites. Also scicne I have lost over 8 lbs now, i dont seem to get as physically hungry for as much food.

Keep going with the green days!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm

How are you hanging in there?

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Does counting the bites help you also savor them? I would think that would help, though just about any counting system has the possibility of rebellion in it down the line. but the one-plate rule should help that, too.

When I tried to come to your thread through a link in an email, it said that the thread didn't exist, but when I just looked it up, I found you. Hope you aren't trying to hide!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 pm

hi! Unfortunatly I have learned that S days do not work for me, I eventually binge and binge....Planning some "cheats' does work better. My binge eating disorder cannot wrap around the S day principle at this point, unless my cheats are specificly planned.

My modification goal for this week is and see how it goes....

N DAYS MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY>>>>

12 bites per meal
3 meals per day monday through saturday
sweets allowed at meals
1 mile or more per day...

S DAY SUNDAYS ONLY......

25 bites per meal allowed and 2 planned snacks at 10 bites each allowed

If we go out to eat OR go away to someones house
I am allowed to eat more bites 18-25 bites at the meal

Oolala..Yes counting bites helps savor especially when you have a minute from bite to bite (not necessarily chewing that long, just only an average of 1minute per bite. So 12 bites to take 12 minutes, 25 bites 25 minutes. It makes me really feel like a small amount of food is more than it really is....

NOSnacker...I am hanging in there. I gained all my wieght back maybe 3 more times. I guess the old saying if you first dont succeed try try again, is true with me, because the try could be said maybe a dozen or more times. IT is frusterating.

I am back to counting bites and eating 3x a day.

Breakfast: 12 bites of egg omelette with onions and green pepper
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:32 pm

I had four good weekends in a row after 23 months of most wild S days. I think it was a combination of things. The buildup of N days was no small part, I'm sure. I found that in the last six months, I needed less at my meals, just like you experienced before with the bites thing. And I did finally institute a mod for 3 weekends in a row.

However, the caution I have it that the urges to overeat return when you think they shouldn't. That is the most important time to hang on! All urges will reach a peak and then recede, if not acted upon, even legitimate hunger.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Im back! And Im 23.4 lbs thinner!!!!!!!! I am more in a maintain/slow lose method now, so NO S is more in line what I need...

My goal is to do Vanilla No S, and keep my S days continuing 3 meals a day as a structure, otherwise, let the snacks, sweets and seconds fall where they may...

Today

Breakfast 1 apple
1 egg

Lunch Lean Cuisine
sour cream
salsa
Last edited by herbsgirl on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Welcome back! Now and for for the rest of your life...
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks Oolala! You have an amazing testemonial! DO you think the exercise has helped you, Also what mod did you use for the S days?

The thing with "mealing" is a big concept that works. I think snacking all the time and seconds is a big part in why I got this way.

I lost a bunch of wieght, but now I am slowing down, and I think this will help me get into the "maintian" mode and hopefully lose the rest of my 8 lbs or more...
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 pm

The only mod I've tried on S days and I'm not always successful with it is waiting until I am hungry to eat. The problem is that now when I eat sweets or perhaps a little richer food, I get full for long periods of time, but the desire to eat doesn't go away. But the idea of just conducting myself like I do on N days except with a snack and dessert has never worked out. I end up eating way more than what I planned.

It's funny because I don't mind waiting long hours to eat on N days. However, on N days, I will let myself have my meal, albeit maybe a smaller one, when it's time to eat even if I'm not hungry. On S days, I think there's a fear that I just don't know when that next meal is coming if I have to wait to be hungry. Yet, if I don't wait, I feel kind of full and a little sick almost all day. I think Reinhard would call it joyless.

It's a conundrum for now. It's just a matter of time.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 pm

I think I know what you mean, at least in part.... The waiting till hungry on S days is an idea. Then you eat whatever you want, however much you want?

I lost alot of my wieght by exercising and waiting till hunger. I think for me is that, I know in my heart I dont want to gain this wieght I lost. So bingeing is not going to get me anywhere, its going to make me gain or never lose for sure, even if I just do it on S days. And theres a difference from overeating and binging, gorging myself for me.

I feel like I have a bit of different attitude than I did before when doing No S, because I have lost alot of my weight, I am down far enough, that I dont want to gain it all back for sure. Scince Ive got this far, I believe I need to ask myself to CHOOSE what I really want.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:51 pm

I eat what I want. However, I try to eat about what I would eat for a meal, if it is a meal. When I'm having a "good" S day, I have a dessert, too, at one meal. I just don't feel as good as I used to when I eat them, yet the desire for them doesn't go away.

I actually eat what I want ALL the time, except for sweets. I don't really want them more often than I have them. I don't want rich food more often than I have it. I wish I could eat pancakes more often without feeling a little sick later. I wonder if I could get used to just WANTING them without actually eating them? Sweets are so tricky because I never WANT them when I'm actually hungry, but when I eat a meal, I'm often full enough that I don't can't comfortably eat as much dessert as I think I would like to eat on weekends. In fact, there is never a time it feels really good to eat sweets yet I still want them. I still dearly love to eat too much of certain things. It doesn't matter how slowly I eat them and savor them. I want to keep going and I want to be very full. That kind of hangs over my head and makes me feel I am not completely healed. And I WANT to eat more often than I am actually hungry on weekends. But I eat a lot less on weekends than I was 5 months ago. and there are many fewer foods that pop into my head as fantasy foods. I just wish the desire would go away. However, life is much better and I know a lot of it has to do with other parts of my life that I am rather in limbo about. So I hang in there. And am still grateful for No S every single day.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Well yeserday wasnt perfect, but turned out ok. I was on the No S diet for 2 months or less last fall, and the wild S days was making me not lose any wieght or sabatoged my efforts on N days. SO its not like Im brand new to No S. Bottom line is I have to have a mod or more to make No S work for me. Otherwise I wont be able to do it. Regular No S makes me feel like I have been given a ticket to a free-for -all 2 day binge feasting! And that is not what I want. So I am going to try mods, and tweak as I go.

My main mods are for the S days... (similar to Reinhards idea for lowercase S days and Captial S days.) Most of my S days will be lowercase, but birthdays, christmas, thanksgiving, ect will be capital, no more than (1-2) per month)

1. I must stick to the 3 meal a day structure

2. I can eat whatever I want, how evermuch I want under these circumstances (even snacks, sweets and seconds)
A. Based on the book Eat Less: take control of Overeating...
I am going to use the Authors Recomended Times and Plans This means I am in control of what and how much I eat at all times. No out-of-control binge eating. I CHOOSE what I want, not just give in to an urge. So When I get up, I decide when I will eat (Time) then when that times comes, I decide how much and what I will eat exactly (Plan), Then when I get done with the Plan, I set another time to eat and stick with it, ect ect until the end of the day.. This leaves me in control, instead of my urges, yet I am still free to enjoy snacks, sweets and seconds!!![/u][/i]
B I must use the principle of Choosing. I need to think of the outcome, and how i will feel before each plan and/or time I make, and make sure its what I want, and that I am willing to Accept whatever the concequences are of doing what I am about to do. No regrets with eating. If I choose to overeat, so be it, but I cant complain or regret it later if I chose to do it and accept the concequences...

I want all days to be green, or maybe a different shade for the S days. I want green credit for doing times and plans on S days!!!

Oolala, sounds like you are figuring it out for yourself! Hunger is the main reason I have lost wieght all these times for myself...
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Looking forward to your progress.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 pm

Was this book the catalyst for your recent weight loss?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks oolala! Ive did plans and times before it seems to work pretty well I like to be in control of my eating and feel like I chose to do something instead of giving in to an urge...

Today

Breakfast: 2 eggs

Lunch: Lean Cuisine salsbury steak and macaroni and cheese plus part of apple

Supper: cabbage/hamburger crackers, cheese, peanut butter

SUCCESS!!
Last edited by herbsgirl on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm sorry, what plans? You mean like WW and such? You cobbled some over the time since you left No S and returned? I'm just curious. There's nothing more for me to do but keep honing my skills on weekends.

Regarding control, ditto. It's funny how with No S I feel in control but not rigid. I definitely have my preferences and can feel a little miffed when I can't get the kind of meal I want out, but then I remember, don't freak, it's just one meal, I can have a little less of something rich, etc. I''m in control (there it is) of how many bites I want to savor. But I'd like to think that someday, nothing will throw me in the least. This fantasy replaces the one of having a body like a ballerina's.

I'm working on the control with one food, too, a type of shortbread cookie with chocolate frosting, though I didn't realize I was doing it. I sometimes set out to overeat them, but I do it calmly and I really feel I enjoy one after the other. When I imagine doing the same thing with old binge foods, there's not much charge in them. Next time, I think I'll actually choose like 10 of them on a plate, rather than eating out of the container. In my mind, the only real problem is not the eating of them but I just resent later that I'm full for so long after I do it. I'm full for at least ten hours, which makes sense, and since I usually do it midday or later, I'm not hungry for a meal until the next day. I think that's two years of N days.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi, I didn't realize you were back..I left for a few months too and my S Days gone wild were really taking a toll on me..

But I'm so happy to see you.....I have been back about 2 weeks now.

I have to catch up on the reading..I see you lost 23 lbs..good for you!!

be in touch,
deb

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Oolala- The "times and plans" are a term by the author Gillian Riley. I have used her book off and on, not real stringently this time, but I used it exclusivly almost, a year ago. She kind of changed my mindset on a few things, when I focus on it.. The name of the book I gave you is the old version, the new one is Eating less: say goodbye to overeating... My recent weight loss was a determination, based on a special motivation my DH gave me, I wanted to lose the weght anyway...but he gave me a little extra something to work toward. :wink: I lost my wieght by waiting for hunger and cutting my portions drasticly, also by walking with Leslie sansone.
I sometimes set out to overeat them, but I do it calmly and I really feel I enjoy one after the other. When I imagine doing the same thing with old binge foods, there's not much charge in them
eating foods very slowly has really helped me in the past, to stop the binge eating behavior... one minute per bite...but its hard to do. I dont chew for a minute, just one minute between putting one bite in my mouth till I put the next one in. Also my stomach registers full better, instead of inhaling the whole bag of cookies in 5 minutes, I can only get past 5 cookies in 5 minutes at the most... Then by the time those minutes are up, I sometimes would change my mind and the binge wouldnt look quite as inviting! The minute per bite gave me time to actually sort of pause and be satisfied with much less....But it takes an effort to do it!

Tommarow I am hoping to get up and make my husband french toast with bacon for breakfast... The french toast will be something special for me, syrup is sweet...

I will post a diary of my first 2 S days

NoSnacker...Hello! Its been a while! :D I will also have to catch up on reading... Talk to ya a little later
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 am

Well, I should time myself sometimes because when I eat my meals i chew most bites a good 50x. I never set out to achieve a certain number of bites but I chew everything until it is a liquid or very small particles. It's part of my savoring my food. I read a health food advisor say years ago that we should chew our juice and drink out food. I think this has contributed to my success; my meals take 30 minutes even though I eat alone most of the time.

I have not always been able (or haven't chosen) to go that slowly with a binge! It might be time.

I went to a bookstore to see if I could find one of the Riley books and at least look at it. I ran across a book called Full-filled by Rene Stephens, a program for getting people to change their relationship to food. In leafing through, I saw that she talked about eating so that you get hungry for your next meal. I thought, that's what I do on N days! And I decided on No S because eating just by hunger left me eating only twice a day, as I chose richer foods to eat. But I wanted to eat more often! So it works for N days, but it's still an issue how to get those fun foods in. But it ain't over until the thinner woman sings.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 pm

Amazingly, with N days I have been hungry or nearly hungry for almost every meal! Thats what I like about it, I dont have to hunt for hunger and stress over it. It comes to me, in an automatic sort of way.

I went to bed almost hungry last night, I made it! Stepped on the scales and Im the lowest Ive been in 10 months.

Oolala, we are the same hieght, and you are about where my original goal was (155 lbs). That is what I was when I was married...

I will look up that book you mentioned.

My first S day...

Woke up a bit hungry, DH told me not to worry about making him breakfast, so I need to do it tommarow. I want to make this S day special, but Im not in the mood to go all out... My sisters wedding is coming up in about 2 weeks and I have to work in it!! I have to make my dress next week for it, and I want it to be smaller, not bigger! So that gives me extra gumption to keep my S days under control right now. Besides, that I just dont want to sabatoge everything Ive done. Im thinking a Reese cup, snicker bar treat would be nice today...

Time: almost 9 am
Plan...1 egg sandwhich with cheeses, salad dressing, ketchup Check

Time: Noon
decided to make a new time

Time: 2 pm
Plan...Weight watchers rice and chicken tortillas cheese 1 resee cup and part of s nicker bar Check

Time: 6 pm
new time...

Time: 6:30 pm
Plan... 1 helping of hamburger gravy, rice, carrots, dip, and 1 resee cup. Check Left some on plate

Time 9 pm nothing

Time 10:30 or so bowl of icecream and crackers... check!

Messed up a little with the 9-10:30 time.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Yesterday was a very moderate and in control S day. I had my treats...Resees, part of snicker, and even icecream, I left some stuff on my plates twice. I wasnt perfect, but It was so much better than a wild free for all!

Time: 8:50
Plan: an egg and 1-2 peices of bacon check!

Time: Noon
Plan: 1 chickent leg + part of another piece chicken, brown rice, green beans iwth ranch dip... Ate after noon. Check!

Time: 4 Pm
changed it to 5 pm

Time 5 Pm
Plan: 1 salami sandwhich... Check! (started eating a bit before 5)

Time: 7 pm or so?
Time: 7:30 ro so?

Time: 7:30
Plan: Unlimited amount of food supper started eating 7:25 or so... Check!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:49 am

Sounds like sane S days.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Oolala, yes it was sane. Except last night I had more food, but overall, it went really well.

Breakfast- 1 egg with some cheese

Lunch- Lean Cuisine plus more

Supper- popcorn leftover stuff or whatever
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Well yesterday messed up a bit at supper, otherwise it was good!

Today

Breakfast: 1 egg

Lunch: Lean Cuisine plus more
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:21 pm

How was dinner a mess-up? Not one plate? Sweets? Although I do agree that real meals trump piecemeal ones, but there's room for a lot of variety along the way. As long as it has a beginning, middle, and end. Preferably on a plate, or bowl, or little bowls on a plate.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:16 pm

I just started eating some popcorn ect before supper, then ate a bowl of food ect.. I might have had seconeds too..
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

Impressive scale...look how far you have come!

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Well I am back!! I got pregnant with my 5th child in June 2012, had a baby March 1st 2013 and my baby is 6 months old.

I am back up to 214.8 I am pumping breastmilk exclusivly for my baby, so my plan is to do Vanilla NoS and if I get hungry just drink milk or drink something between meals.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

Kittykat150

Post by Kittykat150 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:22 am

Congratulations Mom, and welcome back!
I wish you much success.
Kat
:wink:
"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -Harriet Beecher Stowe

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 am

Thank you kittykat150!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:41 am

Good to see you again.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

tobiasmom

Hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Welcome back! I have a 9-month-old (and a 5 yr old) and am breast feeding. No-S has been great and I've been able to keep my supply up fine (my main concern without snacks).

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks oolala and tobiasmom. So how much do you eat to keep up your supply and still lose?

I already messed up today, I completly forgot that I was starting No S today until I had already started eating. I didnt eat a ton, just several bites or so. So I decided to still count this as a green day if I do good from now on. Its hard from going to eating all the time (alot anyways) to No S. I need to write No S on my arm today to remind me I am doing this!

I spend 4 hours per day pumping breastmilk for my baby, I have 4 other children, plus homeschool 3 of them so I am one busy busy person!

Breakfast
Steel cut oats
Eggs and cheese
Applesauce

Lunch

Supper
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Yikes! re your work load and feeding!

Don't be too hard on yourself if you "fail." I know that sounds so negative, but it's really not. It's no worse than not getting the ball over the net a lot when you're first learning to serve the ball.

If you can, try to think ahead what in general you will have for your next meal and let that float into your mind when thoughts of snacking come up. In fact, you can add what you would have snacked on to your next meal, if it sounds good.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi! I am doing 3 meals a day now, combining a few different way of eating that works for me. Bite counting and intermittent fasting.

Breakfast around noon: 25 bites

hamburger sandwich
some cookie

Left some on my plate

Lunch around 3
part of an app 10 bites

Supper 25 bites
went out for supper
a few pieces of potato
a few bites of fry
almost 2 pieces of fish
Left a lot on plate. Had to take a box
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:42 pm

I am using the eating slower pro app for my iphone and it keeps track of 90 days worth of daily bites, it keeps track of each meal and each day how many bites I ate, this helps me stay on track with my bite counting. It also dings for eating each bite 1 minute apart, helping me to eat slower. Nope, I don't have anything to do with selling it, just like it! :D

Yesterday was around 60 bites.

Breakfast

Lunch

Supper
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi herbsgirl,
I have read up most of your thread, and I think you seem a pro at complicating your eating! :) I say this slightly tongue in cheek, but it does seem that you have not been content to really give vanilla S a long try (I guess I define a long try as 6 months). It just seems too easy to you, I get that! But my goodness, with 5 kids, just eating 3 meals a day, not snacking or eating desserts seems like it would be a very sane lifestyle. I only have 2 kids and it is way too chaotic at mealtimes to count bites!

Anyway, welcome back and thanks for sharing your journey. I could do to follow your example and slow down my eating, that's for sure.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:41 pm

No, I have a binge eating problem. S days made me feel like binge eating. I have tried no s probaby 4x or so, and I have also successfully lost alot of weight counting bites. People think it wont work, but its what works for me. Its easier than counting calories for sure. Just a way for me to control my portions.

I found a Family Circle article from Sept 1977 about Dr. Richard Black's program he uses Counting bites to lose weight and maintain. He has used it successfully over a 7 year period with about 200 patients. So it is a legit thing! A lifestyle change.

Also, I eat sweets too if I want on a day to day basis. So I have alot of mods to No S. Basicly the only thing is that I eat 3x per day, and also that I am allowed to eat more on Sunday.

And I am a person, that if I see myself lose the wieght faster, I am more motivated. No S was just too slow for me period....See this study here

http://sciencenordic.com/researchers-ra ... -loss-best

One of the big reason I gained alot of my weight back was t hat I got pregnant and had a baby last spring!!!

The way I lost weight so I could get pregnant Spring 2012 was I counted bites, and it worked very well.

So thats what works for me. Vanilla no s doesnt work for me, I wasnt willing to give it 6 months, and wait and wait for weight loss. I dont get periods unless I lose weight, and its not good for me to go too many months without a period.

Each to their own, I guess!

:D :D :D

Also I use Stickk.com to help me with my goals, weight loss and habits like bites ect

here is my youtube channel vlog about my wieghtloss
http://youtu.be/s4ekV6bTyrI
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:59 pm

I am doing intermittent fasting 16 hours fasting and 8 hour eating window, I eat aprox 3 times in the eating window. The fasting has helped my cravings and desire to binge go down. I noticed this before. And I see others have also noticed combining No S with intermittent fasting works well!

Breakfast 12:14 pm
20 bites egg burrito, salad dressing cheese crackers ect
Lunch 3:39 PM
20 bites meatloaf, potatoes, corn,salad
Supper 7:15 PM
26 bites apple pie icecream salad with dressing and cornchips meatloaf and ketchup

Total for the day 66 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:05 am

SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Yesterday was Success! Today is my day off for exercise

Lunch 20 bites peanut butter fudge, meatloaf wrap

snack reese peanut butter, p.b fudge, salad meatloaf 10 bites wheat grass

supper 20 bites chili with cheese sour cream chips, fudge, blueberry muffin with butter

50 bites total aprox
Last edited by herbsgirl on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Testemonial from a man who eats bites per meal

http://eightbites.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... es_27.html

Here is all about counting your bites to lose weight

http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:45 pm

Success yesterday!

Breakfast 20 bites some orange
a couple bites of fudge
wheat grass/fish oil/magnesium
2 eggs with salad dressing

Lunch resess peanut butter cup crackers 5 bites

Suppper cabbage sausage and potato casserole homemade biscuits with butter jelly honey 25 bites

50 bites aprox total
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Success yesterday!!

breakfast egg with cheese ect 10 bites

Lunch crackers peanut butter 3 bites

Supper goulosh with meat corn tomatoes ect 17 bites

30 bites aprox

new blogpost on http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Success yesterday!

Breakfast 12:06 PM 10 bites

Lunch 2:41 PM 5 bites

Supper 5:08 PM 15 bites aprox

30 bites aprox
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm

success yesterday!

breakfast

Lunch

Supper
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:17 pm

I ate 4x yesterday

but the scales dropped again.

We have been cleaning yard today! raking leaves ect getting ready for winter
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Success yesterday! :D :D :D

Habit, Habit, Habit is king
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Success yesterday!

Lunch 11 bites

Snack 6 bites

Supper 13 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Success yesterday!

lunch 13 bites

Snack 4 bites

Supper 14 bites

30 bites aprox
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Success yesterday!

Lunch 12 bites

Snack 6 bites

Supper 12 bites

aprox 30 bites

In one month I have lost 24 lbs!!!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Ok, one month of counting bites and mealing a lot of the time, I have lost 24.8 pounds!!!!!!!!!!

Lunch 12 bites

Snack 6 bites

Supper 12 bites

aprox 30 bites
Last edited by herbsgirl on Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:08 am

wow, that is amazing. Way to go herbsgirl!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Thanks automated eating!

success yesterday! I watched a documentary about intermittent fasting

Its called Eat, Fast, and live longer BBC its with Micheal Mosely. It was interesting!!

Lunch 12 bites

Snack 6 bites

Tylenol 2 bites

Supper 12 bites

32 bites aprox
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Success yesterday except I took some Tylenol with 2 bites.

Lunch 12 bites

Snack 7 bites

Supper 20 bites
Last edited by herbsgirl on Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:09 am

I love that BBC narrator! I have watched his Blood and Guts series and LOVE it! :) I'll look for the fasting one you recommend.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:35 am

I guess I will have to check out blood and guts! Today was an S day. I allowed myself up to 60 bites. So far, I have consumed over 30. I may or may not eat all 60 bites.
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:44 pm

I consumed 60 bites yesterday. THis week its 20 bites

Lunch 9 bites some cake, meatball, chicken salad

Snack 4 bites cake meatball

Supper 7 bites tuna cheese melt and tomato soup
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:48 pm

It is getting cold here!

Lunch 8 bites some hotdog ,cake, leftover tuna

Snack 4 bites

Supper 8 bites frankly easy bean casserole a bit of homemade bread with butter and jelly
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:20 pm

New blog post on my blog yesterday and today!
http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/

Lunch 8 bites

Snack 4 bites

Supper 13 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi, I was reading through the No S testemonials last night for encouragement!

Lunch 8 bites. Part of Resee big cup some ham Swiss cheese sandwhich

Snack 4 bites leftover sandwhich ect

Supper 8 bites sloppy joe hamburger helper peas homemade bread with jelly
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:42 pm

new blog post yesterday http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/2013 ... -with.html

Lunch 8 bites

Snack 6 bites

Supper 11 bites

Snack 29 bites aprox
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 pm

FAIL yesterday!

Back on track today

Lunch 12 bites

Snack 2 bites

Supper 16 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi! My S day! My husband is planning on taking me out for our 12 wedding anniversary tonight, Lord Willing!!!!!!!!!

2 new blogposts on my blog!!!!!! http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/2013 ... pdate.html

Here is a copy of my stats with my bite counting

Started October 14, 2013 218.2 lbs

1 week October 21st, 2013 208.4 lbs 78 bites per day average 9.8 lb loss

2 week October 28, 2013 205.4 lbs 71 bites per day average 3 lb loss

3 wks November 4, 2013 200 lbs 60 bites per day average 5.4 lb loss

4 wks November 11, 2013 194.4 lbs 40 bites per day average 5.6 lb loss

5 wks November 18, 2013 192.2 lbs 36 bites per day average 2.2 lb loss
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

joasia

Post by joasia » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 pm

You have lost thirty pounds in a month and a half?! That's amazing. U don't do s days? Just n days? May I ask ur age height and activity level? Happy anniversary! Ty
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Thank you Joasia! Yes, I do have one S day a week. That is Sunday. I allow myself more bites that day.

I originally tried vanilla No S and it didn't work for me, I had to modify it to suit me! I had to have a portion control system, and the counting bites seems to work well. you can learn more about that here http://countyourbites.blogspot.com/2013 ... s-new.html

I am 31 years old, 5 feet 6 inches and Im not that active!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

HealthyMommy3

Post by HealthyMommy3 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:39 am

Thank you for the inspiration! You're doing amazing! I had never heard of bite counting before, I think this is the tool I need to help me on No-S. I also enjoy your You-tube updates, it encouraged and motivated me greatly! Please continue to update them! :)

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:48 am

Thank you so much HealthyMommy!

:D
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

joasia

Post by joasia » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:30 am

I read the bites website. When you are counting your bites, do you have a plate of food, or do your bites come out to less than a plate?
The destiny of nations depends on the manner in which they feed themselves. Jean-Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:39 pm

At suppertime, I dip myself a plate (smaller portions) and then just eat the amount of bites I need to.

A good goal is 25 bites per meal to start out with. According to 80 bites, much more than this stretches your stomach

Here is the science behind eat less bites and not stretching the stomach

http://80bites.com/the-real-science

If you want to, you can gradually decrease if you see the need or want to. I usually eat much less than 25 bites per meal, and my stomach has shrunk! Its painful to overeat!
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Today

Lunch 8 bites summer sausage, cheese crackers, macaroni salad, salad dressing bread

Snack 8 bites

Supper 9 bites turkey casserole
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Today

Lunch 6 bites summer sausage, cheese, cracker part of, peanut butter jelly, chicken casserole

Snack 6 bites

Supper 6 bites
SW 218.2 10-14-13
1 mo 193.4
2 mo 178.8
3 mo 162.8
4 mo 151.4
5 mo 146.2

herbsgirl

Post by herbsgirl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:54 pm