AnneK's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

AnneK

AnneK's check-in

Post by AnneK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:43 am

I gained some weight recently (not sure why) and have been trying to lose that 15 pounds for the last six months. It won't budge! I eat very healthy--almost zero sweets, no sugar or flour, lots of fruits and veggies. I also run or lift weights every day. So I'm feeling very good and very healthy. But I haven't lost any weight. And I miss eating pizza and brownies.

I love the idea of this eating plan. And that I get to start on an 'S' day. I plan to check in every day.
5'7"
Starting weight Oct 16 2010: 156
Current weight Nov 13 2010: 153

AnneK

Yesterday

Post by AnneK » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:04 am

Oh wow last night I went out to eat and ordered pasta with gargonzola cheese leeks bacon and tomatoes. I would never order that kind of thing normally but it was sooooo good and it was what I really wanted. For desert I had a decaf capuccino. I felt very happy and satisifed.

Yesterday might have been the first day in a year I did not have a snack. A couple hours before dinner I felt very hungry but then the hunger just went away. It wasn't hard.

I feel happy and hopeful about this new-old way of eating.
5'7"

good enough

Post by good enough » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:47 am

Just wanted to say hi and welcome! I'm new too, and loving No S so far. It's really liberating - I'm already a lot less obsessed by food and weight, which is amazing.

Best of luck on your journey! :D

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:57 pm

Welcome to the NoS family!!!!!

I'm also a newbie and very happy with NoS!!!

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 am

Like Tofu Queen and Meikmeika, I'm a newbie too. Just finished my second week. This has been such a fun journey so far! Hope you're gonna love it as much as I have! See you around...

AnneK

Monday

Post by AnneK » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks for the welcomes, everybody. It's great to hear from other newsters that you're enjoying this diet.

For me just KNOWING I can eat any food I like again makes me feel really happy. Yesterday was an S day of course but I did not go crazy. I had three good meals and did not want dessert after any of them. I had one snack--an ounce of dark chocolate with my cup of coffee. That's all I wanted.

Of course, maybe my S days won't be so moderate after my first week of N days.

Today will be my first N day. I'm curious how it will go. I am planning to eat fairly big meals so I don't crave snacks too much. It's about establishing a habit, right? I think as long as they include a lot of vegetables I won't have to worry about gaining weight...
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:17 am

First N day went well.

First, it was really fun to just plan to eat whatever I wanted as long as it wasn't a sweet.

That included pizza and macaroni and cheese, foods I haven't enjoyed in months.

I eat out a lot, and for breakfast and lunch I definitely ordered more food than I needed; I figure I am trying to establish a no-snacking habit and should do everything I can to support that. But I wound up tossing out a lot of leftovers. I really do not like feeling overly full.

I did eat enough to feel very satisfied and did not even think about snacking all day, which was great. I did crave as snack after dinner but I read some posts on this forum and that helped.

B: Omelette with ham, spinach and broccoli, home fries, I slice wheat toast
L: Roast chicken, steamed vegetables, 1 cup mac and cheese
D: One slice pepperoni pizza, tossed green salad, 1 cup plain greek yogurt
Exercise: 30 minute weight/calisthetics routine
5'7"

good enough

Post by good enough » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 pm

That included pizza and macaroni and cheese, foods I haven't enjoyed in months.
Sounds like we have the same weaknesses! I too have had both these foods in the last couple of weeks, things I would never have eaten on ww (the pizza would be more than a days worth of points for me). Since starting this I have eaten (and drank!) exactly what I wanted. I know that shouldn't be an earth-shattering experience but well, it has been! I feel so free! :D

You sound like you've just slipped comfortably right into the plan. Keep up the great work!! :D

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:33 pm

Your day looks delicious! I had mac and cheese yesterday....but I had the powder kind. Not my fave. I definitely like the ready-cheese kind. I don't know why. I guess it's cuz I grew up with it. Now I'm just rambling.

Hope you had an enjoyable day today also!!!

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:40 am

Second N Day. Did good.

It's been so interesting. I was worried yesterday because I ate lunch at 2 and knew I wouldn't be having dinner until later: 8:30. I was worried I'd get really hungry and crabby. Normally I'd have planned two snacks to tide me over. But it was fine. A 5 pm cup of coffee helped a lot.

REALLY enjoying my meals. And surprised to find myself ordering a salad for lunch.

Breakfast: Egg, sausage and cheese on a roll, apple
Lunch: spinach salad with chicken, blue cheese, broccoli and beets.
Dinner: Chicken marsala, speghetti with red sauce, green salad
Exercise: Two mile run
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:07 am

A fine day. Success. No hunger, no cravings. LOTS OF FOOD.

B: Oatmeal, two hard boiled eggs, banana
L: Bowl of soup pasta linguini (half plate)
D: Chicken taco, bean taco, fruit and soy milk smoothie

So curious what will happen if i keep eating like this...

EDIT: Just realized how few vegetables I ate compared to what I'd usually be eating. Hmmm. I think I ate...none. Hmmmm.
5'7"

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:46 pm

I've been struggling with getting the veggies in lately too. I'm hoping it will even out eventually. I think it's cuz we're allowed to eat whatever we want, and since I've been on a diet and eating LOTS of veggies for years now....I have been eating all the things I normally wasn't allowed instead, and that's all that fits on my plate! ha. But veggies are delicious and so good for you so they definitely need to be part of the plan!

I commit to work on this with ya!

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:15 am

Success!

I think I'd want to keep eating this way even if I didn't lose weight. I was telling a friend last night: it takes a away all the icky decisions (when should I eat and how much?) and lets you keep all the fun decisions (what should I eat?.

I love not having to decide whether I'm hungry and need a snack. The answer is always the same: NO!

I've also found that I'm seldom really hungry between meals. The only hard part is worrying that I MIGHT get hungry. Which is silly.

B:Peanut butter sandwhich, cashews, apple, banana
L: Egg salad sandwhich, cup of vegetable soup
D: Chicken marsala, broccoli, couscous, cup of greek yogurt
Exercise: No exercise but wound up walking about three miles dong errands

TobiasMom: You're on with the vegetable challenge! Thanks!
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:27 am

Hey AnneK!
I'm new here too. Well, I attempted this a few years back........and well...I'm back! :wink: Been at it since Oct. 13. Just wanted to pop in a cheer ya on! You are doing GREAT! Isn't this so very freeing!!! Enjoy your Friday!
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hi

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:22 pm

The first two weeks I kept weighing myself and hadn't lost anything and I was kind of discouraged, but, like you, I told myself that even if I didn't lose I'd stick with it since it's so awesome. I have truly been enjoying this!

Well, this is the end of the third week...and all of a sudden I lost a pretty big amount this week. Maybe that's how it's gonna be. But as you said, this is just so much fun! I wish I'd found this sooooooooo long ago.

We just have to be patient and stick with it! So glad to see all these people on here having so much fun with this! Have you been on other "diet" boards where people just seem miserable????

Any big plans for the weekend??

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:19 am

Success!

Got on the scale yesterday morning, end of my first week. I lost one pound!

I am very pleased with this. All week, on my N days have been eating truly huge meals three times a day, and really have been eating whatever I wanted at each meal. And I ate everything I wanted on the S days too. And I still lost weight.

This is a "diet" I can really stick with.

I feel like my food worries and deprivation are OVER.

Even though I only lost one pound this first week, I somehow feel much thinner. Like a person who does not have a food problem.

B: Big bowl of oatmeal with almonds and brown sugar, two hard boiled eggs
L: Chicken vindaloo, lentil stew, cauliflauer stew, Indian flatbread
D: Kung Pao chicken, baby bok choy
Exercise: Two mile run

Tobiasmom: Yes I have some fun plans for the weekend: going to Six Flags today to celebrate a friend's birthday, tomorrow, friend is hosting a macaroni and cheese making contest (to see who has the best recipe). Both very good S-day activities! I am really going to enjoy knowing I can truly eat whatever I want.
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 am

Congrats on your weight loss Anne!! Doing a happy jig for you. This way of eating is so freeing isn't it!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Have a great day at Six Flags! I'll be raking at a youth camp all day. I'm looking forward to it though...love being outside in the fresh crisp fall air!
"Rivers know this: There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." ~Winnie the Pooh ~

A Flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms!

Diets Don't Work.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:44 am

Super fun S day...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, refried beans, salad
Snack: brownie
Late lunch: Amusement park chinese chicken, veggies, noodles
Dinner: Giant chocolate chip cookie

It was a great feeling, going to Six Flags and knowing nothing was off limits. Lots of calories and junkie food for sure but who cares. I didn't overeat or eat when I wasn't hungry.
5'7"

tobiasmom

yay.

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Sounds like a great day!

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:13 am

S Day...

B: Eggs, refried beans, salad
L: Greek yogurt, triscuits, baby carrots
D: Mac and cheese, kimchi, cauliflauer, lots of little desserts (dinner party): scoop of gelato, half a lemon square, one mallomar, sour cherry soda with seltzer.
Snack: soy crisps

Not super interesting but lots of stuff I can't spell....
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 am

Starting my second week of N days. Here is the amazing thing: I didn't even THINK about wanting a snack or a dessert yesterday. The whole day! It just didn't cross my mind. Wow.

B: Grek yogurt with banana and granola
L: Chicken, beans and rice, plantains
D: Kung Pao Chicken, bok choy
Exercise: 30 minutes weights and calisthetics
5'7"

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 pm

You're doing awesome!

emd1212

Post by emd1212 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm glad you were able to enjoy Six Flags, and very glad No-S seems to be "clicking" for you! It's funny how fast we can retrain our mindset if we work at it.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am

TM and EMD: Thanks for the support!

Another successful NO S day, no thinking about snacks...

B: Big bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and almonds, one hard boiled egg, 1/2 banana
L: Cajun panini, cup of cream of broccoli soup, 1/2 banana
D: Mango salad, green curry with tofu and veggies, rice
Exercise: none--I screwed up my ankle

I am still eating GIGANTIC portions. Truly huge meals. By anyone else's standards, I am eating "seconds." I wonder if I should start cutting back? But I really like the No S idea that I will gradually do what I am supposed to do without forcing myself if i just follow the simple rules. Maybe best to continue what I'm doing for at least 21 days to make sure the habits are in place. I feel like I'm doing so well. And I love that I never feel deprived...
5'7"

good enough

Post by good enough » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi Anne!

Looks like you're still doing great over here!

I have very little experience myself but would be inclined to agree with you. Give it a good while (maybe even more than 21 days) and see if your portions settle down by themselves before deliberately restricting them. From what I can see your food looks really good and healthy anyway so you might not even have much of a problem.

Keep it up!! :D

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:12 am

SUCCESS

B: Greek yogurt with granola, small apple
L: Bento box: 1/2 california roll, salmon teriyaki, veggies, rice, miso soup
D: Spinach salad with chicken, blue cheese, beets; fritos
Exercise: two mile run

Ha, I like that I had salad and Fritos for dinner last night. I have to say, it was a pretty good combo!

Tofu Queen: thanks for the encouragement. I really needed it. My plan is to weigh myself on Fridays, so I woke up this morning thinking about how I could moderate my eating today so I weigh little as possible tomorrow morning. No carbs! Early dinner! Sigh. That's NOT how I want to be spending my mental energy: thinking about food. It's probably better to decide not to weigh myself, I think, then go back to my old diet habits. They never worked.
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 am

Great job Anne! :D It is so difficult to let go of that diet mentality. I'm struggling with it here too! It's a HABIT for sure. Have a great day!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Your meals look really yummy, actually. But hopefully you don't cut back too much and make yourself feel deprived. Just follow No-S and stick with one plate. If you need to regulate anything...or moderate...it's the S days (at least that's true for me!). It will work.

sarah.grace

Post by sarah.grace » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:03 pm

I wanted to chime in on the 'portions' discussion...
I am completely the same- I pile so much food on my 'one' plate! like.. a whole (small) pizza! (hey- it fit on the plate...) The idea I've read on here is that seeing that much food on a plate will make you feel like a pig and subconsciously you won't do it.... I don't know if I agree. Maybe if you're eating in public for every meal, but I eat alone.
But recently I've been really noticing how sick/stuffed I feel when I eat so much, and I've just been choosing smaller portions. I am hoping that somehow I just naturally gravitate toward eating less... We'll see. :) So, there is hope! My theory is that I am going to be strict No S for at least 21 days before I started worrying about taming S days or portion control. [/quote]

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:38 am

Day 13...success!

B: Oatmeal with almonds and brown sugar, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 apple
L: Roasted chicken, roasted zucchini, mac and cheese
D: Three scrambled eggs, green salad, triscuits, greek yogurt
Exercise: 1/2 hour calisthetics and weights

Still not craving snacks at all, and also pleased that I resisted the urge to cut back portions and carbs yesterday. This morning is weigh-in morning (i'll post an update edit when I get around to that) but I really stuck to the plan yesterday--that is, eating whatever I wanted at meal-time.

The support I got here really helped! Thanks everyone!

You know what I AM getting addicted to? These boards. I read the check-ins every morning and I browse the general discussion before I go to bed. It really keeps me motivated.

Sarah--I'm totally with you on the 21 days. I just keep telling myself--try something new! Try something new! Plus, I'm already so much happier about my eating. If I do wind up modifying down the line, I might just try more exercise. I'd rather exercise more than eat less!
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Yipee! Update! I lost another pound and a half!

This plan ROCKS!
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:44 am

Day 14: success

B: Egg bacon and chedder on bagel, banana
L: Chicken vindaloo, cauliflauer stew, mixed veggies
D: Cheeseburger, fries

A fine day. Felt very good about the additional weight loss. I was worried that this plan could not possibly work, given the giant meals I eat. But now that I think about it, before I was eating giant meals PLUS snacks.

Its amazing how I don't miss the snacks at all.

Happy today is an S day. I stocked two of my favorite foods: chocolate pudding and chocolate covered toffee. YUM! I already had a spoonful of pudding.
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 am

Congratulations on the weight loss Anne! You are doing awesome! :D

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

Yummy

Post by tobiasmom » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Sounds like a super yummy day! I'm kind of jealous!! ha.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:40 am

S day....

9 am: three scrambled eggs, toast
2 pm (anniversary party): chocolate cake
4 pm: Tuna wrap
6:30: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, handful of triscuits, baby carrots
10 pm: (dessert with guests): chocolate pudding with whipped cream

I feel good about this. I ate two desserts--that's what I really want on my S days--but it was all, overall, pretty moderate.
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:21 am

Switching my check-ins from morning to evening. Too many other things to do in the morning...

Sunday S day:

Breakfast: three scrambled eggs, mixed veggies
Lunch: Potato and leek soup, french bread, chedder cheese, peanut butter and chocolate chips
Snack: Banana, two pieces halloween candy
Dinner: Kung pao chicken, bok choy
Evening snack: Greek yogurt, soy crisps

It's funny, before I started No S, I ate soy crisps all the time because I was trying to avoid carbs and wheat. Tonight when I ate them for the first time in two weeks i realized: they're not very good!
5'7"

good enough

Post by good enough » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Looks like you're doing really well - keep up the great work!! :D

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 am

Day 16: Success

B: Oatmeal with brown sugar and almonds
L: Kung pao chicken, bok choy
D: Chicken with onions and greenpeppers, green salad, beans, tortilla chips
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 am

Go Anne! Go Anne! Go Anne! :D Looks great!!!

Diets Don't Work.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 am

Zippa dee, you are the best. Always so encouraging!

Day 17: Success

B: Egg bacon and cheese on a bagel, 1/2 apple
L: Spinach salad with chicken and walnuts and broccoli and blue cheese
D: Chicken sandhich on whole wheat, cup of split pea soup

Was worried about having to go out for drinks right after work. So I left work early and ate real dinner beforehand. So glad I did that. Did not starve or snack on the nasty appetizers they were serving at the bar. Drank sparkling water. I am really making my three square (yes they are square!) meals a priority, and it really works.
5'7"

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:36 pm

I just LOVE your meals. Every day looks delicious. Isn't this fun???

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:31 am

Day 18: Success

So I've been going to this fancy breakfast thing every three months for years now, and I always skipped the big tray of croissants and muffins and made do with the yogurt and fruit cup. This morning, I headed straight for muffins. This diet rocks!

Breakfast: Small croissant, mini nut muffin, yogurt and fruit cup.
Lunch: Cuban pulled pork, beans and rice, plaintains
Dinner: Green salad, triscuits, cup of leek soup (still full from lunch!)
Exercise: None
5'7"

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:32 am

Nice to see you enjoying No-S so much! (I think losing the "diet head" is one of the biggest benefits to the plan.)

Your meals look great!

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:37 am

Day 19: Success

b: oatmeal with brown sugar and almonds, two hard boiled eggs
l: chicken vindaloo, rice, vegetable stew
d: chicken with onions and peppers, refried beans, corn chips, green salad, greek yogurt
exercise: 1/2 hour weights and calisthetics

This is getting easier and easier. Tomorrow is weigh-in number three...
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 am

Great job girl!! Your meals look delish! I've been enjoying almonds with my lunch every day. So tasty!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:31 pm

You're doing awesome!

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:14 pm

great job!! :]

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:40 am

Day 20: Success

B: Omelette with spinach and broccoli, potatos
L: Panini with guyre and turkey, yogurt, banana
D: Chicken marsala, rotini with vodka sauce, garden salad
Exercise: three mile run

Well, had my third weigh-in yesterday: I gained a pound. Hmph! At first, I wasn't even going to write about it. But I think its really important to be accountable. Anyway, I FEEL much skinnier than I did three weeks ago, my clothes are looser for sure and I am very happy to have wracked up 20 perfect days in a row, and enjoying it so much. I am just going to keep going.

Glad the next two days are S days! I'm heading out of the city to stay at a friend's weekend house. It will be nice to be a guest who doesn't have any fussy food restrictions.
5'7"

mkat

Post by mkat » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:35 pm

Have fun on your trip! Even week-to-week weight can fluctuate for no good reason. It's great that you're doing this for the long haul.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:29 am

DAY 21!!

I did 21 days without a single failure. Feeling pretty good about that. My goal, of course, is to take straight plain vanilla No S through the rest of the year.

S today yesterday:

Snack: Handful of peanut butter chips
Breakfast: three scrambled eggs, refried beans, green salad
Lunch: Corn chips, pistachios, chocolate chip cookies (some lunch, huh? We were on the road)
Dinner: (dinner party) Chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli, brusseels sprouts, cherry pie with vanilla ice cream, two pieces of toffee
Exercise: NONE

A pretty full day, food-wise, but nothing insane. And so delicious!
5'7"

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Awesome job!!! Here's to 344 more days! ha.

mkat

Post by mkat » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah! Chips for breakfast AND lunch. I like this style.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 am

DAY 21: S Day

B: toast w/peanut butter and banana, greek yogurt with honey
Snack: One hard pretzel (with double salt!) a few pistachios
L: Chicken marsala, pasta with vodka sauce, broccoli, handful of reeses pb chips
D: Chicken, collard greens, corn chips
Exercise: 25 minute run (very hilly!)

I spent some time today reviewing what I ate my three weeks on No S, and I think I'm ready to make a mod. Not a mod that related to eating less, or avoiding unhealthy food, but just to make sure I am getting enough food that IS healthy.

So my mod is that on No S days, I have to eat at least five servings of vegetables and two fruits. If I don't eat at least five serving of veggies and two fruits, I won't call the day a success.

There is an ulterior motive, of course: I'm hoping that if I'm eating more fruits and veggies, I won't have as much room in my belly for higher calorie foods. But we'll see how that goes. It's just an experiment for this week.
5'7"

mkat

Post by mkat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:57 am

I'll be interested to hear if you feel different eating more fruits and vegetables. Have a great week!

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 am

Day 22: Success

B: Green salad with three hard boiled eggs, greek yogurt
L: Indian food: chicken, cauliflauer, spinach, rice; apple
D: Spinach salad with chicken, blue cheese, bacon; banana
Exercise: 2.5 mile run

I sure ate a lot of fruit and veggies. It actually was what I was in the mood for.
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 am

Day 23: Success

B: Bagel with egg bacon and cheese, banana, mixed nuts
L: chicken stew with beans and rice, apple
D: Green salad with cheese and tofu, Triscuits, Greek yogurt

EDIT: I forgot to mention: I was feeling very tired and run down yesterday. And to treat myself, I took some extra time on my lunch break and got lunch at a cafe I hadn't been to before. And the lady behind the counter noted that I looked worn out and added a free brownie to my tray. It was so sweet of her. And it was also enough--that she had been so kind. When she wasn't looking I put the brownie in a napkin and put it in my bag. I can stick it in the freezer and enjoy it on my S day.

And then when I got back to work, I had to go through a three hour software training session. And the trainer guy had a big bag of mini candy bars and kept urging me to eat them. And I did not!

I knew that sticking with my No S would do far more to help me feel good about myself than eating that candy.
Last edited by AnneK on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 am

You are doing great Anne!! Food looks scrumptious!

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 pm

You're doing great! I bet that brownie will taste so much better this weekend!!

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 pm

Bravo Anne!! You're edit was not here when I read this last. Just AWESOME that you could save your brownie and turn down the candy! WHOO HOO!!! :D

Diets Don't Work.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am

This is so great: yesterday, someone at the office said I was looking slimmer. Specifically she said, "Your ass is smaller."

Yay!

Yesterday was a SUCCESS, and also sort of not. I stuck to No S, but I was not able to eat the two servings of fruits and five servings of veggies requirement I had added as a modification. I eat out a lot and can't always pick the venue or the menu. Not sure if I want to stick with this mod. I might be setting myself up for failure. Perhaps better to just make it a goal to include as many veggies as I can when I have the opportunity. Also, the truth is, I DONT REALLY LIKE FRUIT. So I am not going to eat it unless I'm really in the mood.

B: Big bowl of oatmeal with almonds and brown sugar, banana
L: Wonton soup, fried noodles with dipping sauce, chick with broccoli and rice
D: Pret a Manger hot chicken wrap and one half veggie wrap
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:16 pm

DAY 26: NoS SUCCESS, 2 mile run
DAY 27: DITTO, no exercise

Weighed myself this morning. Down one pound this week. At this rate, I should reach my goal in 17 weeks, sometime around mid march. Which is a long ways off, and that's fine. I don't look so bad at 153, really. And I'd want to keep eating like this even if I wasn't losing weight.
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 am

HAPPY S DAY

Pre-breakfast Snack: 1 square chocolate
Breakfast: Triscuits with avocado and hard boiled egg
Lunch: Apple pie
Dinner: 1-1/2 slices pizza, 2 chocolate squares
Exercise: three mile run + three mile walk

I'm finding on my S days I'm not really eating so many snacks, or even eat much more in general than I'd eat on No S days. I'm just replacing nutritious calories with sweets. Good!
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:58 am

HAPPY S DAY

Snack: 1 oz chocolate
Breakfast: Green salad with one hard boiled egg, triscuits
Lunch: Pork tenderloin wi/zucchini and onion, egg noodles, three pieces of toffee, 1/4 brownie
Snack: Gingerale
Dinner: Greek yogurt, chocolate chip cookies, double-salted pretzels

Best dinner ever!
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 am

Lookin' good Anne!! Have a great day! :D

Diets Don't Work.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 pm

SUCCESS

B: Three scrambled eggs with black beans, green salad
L: Chicken fricasee, beans and rice, plantains
D: Salmon, collard greens, egg noodles
5'7"

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Yum....never had plantains before, but they sound delicious.

Sounds like you're doing great!

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 am

SUCCESS

This diet is good for my self esteem. Because I can stick to it. I have had 30 days of success in a row now, and that feels really good. And the better it feels, the more I want to stick with it.

B: Tuna wrap, banana
L: Spinach salad with chicken and blue cheese, Fritos
D: Ethiopian food (at a restaurant--we all shared a platter of vegetarian dishes, family style. Who knows what I was eating? It was dark).
Exercise: None
5'7"

ZippaDee

Post by ZippaDee » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 am

Hip Hip HOORAY....to 30 days in a row!! You are doing GREAT!!! I agree...it's addicting!! :D

Diets Don't Work.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Yay for 30 days! I agree....this is the easiest to stick to plan. I've had a few bumps in the road, but getting and staying on track with this plan is so much easier! I'm looking forward to 30, 60, 90, 335 more days with you!

Over43

Post by Over43 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Congratulations!
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79

mkat

Post by mkat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:05 am

Wowza! Great job.

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 am

SUCCESS

B: Three scrambled eggs, black beans, green salad
L: Chipotle burrito bowl with guacamole
D: Salmon, collard greens, broccoli, greek yogurt

I got the NO S book in the mail yesterday. It's okay...not a whole lot beyond what's on the website. But I am happy to support Reinhard. The book is really cheap on Amazon.

I am thinking about next week. I will be home visiting my folks for three days starting Sunday, and then when I return to NYC there is Thanksgiving with friends. Thanksgiving is an S day for sure. I think during my visit home I might make it my goal to have no snacks and no seconds but allow myself desserts. I probably wouldn't lose any weight but I'd at least be holding steady and more importantly maintaining my discipline and habits.
Last edited by AnneK on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
5'7"

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 am

30 days in a row is great!

And I'm noticing you eat healthily too! My basic diet has always been ok because, thankfully, I love vegies. It's the snacking and emotional eating and chocolate that I bung in on top that's made me 50lbs overweight!

Am enjoying reading your thread - and thanks for stopping by mine.

Fun
x

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am

SUCCESS

B: Oatmeal with raisins and almonds, two hard boiled eggs
L: Chinese chicken and vegetables, rice
D: Green salad, greek yogurt, double salt pretzels
E: 2.5 mile run

I am going to go back to running every day. For a while I've been doing a calisthetics/weight routine every other day instead, but I just feel so much better on the days when I go running in the morning--mentally and physically. The strength training is important so maybe some days I can do both.
5'7"

AnneK

Post by AnneK » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:21 pm

SUCCESS

B: Three egg omelette with chedder broccoli spinach
L: Indian food: coriander chicken, cauliflauer, spinach, rice
D: Chinese food: Kung pao chicken, bok choy, rice
Exercise: two miles run
5'7"