Just getting going

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

trisham

Just getting going

Post by trisham » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Started/read about no S on Vacation, and had slightly more special days than normal - easy to do on vacation 8) .

Back now to real life and getting more vigilant.

This morning 154.6 lb, same as I weighed when I delivered my first child. Not a lot to go, but want to get healthy and a better attitude towards food. I love the No S balance and healthy attitudes towards food.
Trisha

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:58 am

Hi Trisha, Welcome to No S! Hope to see you posting often. :D
"Self-denial's a great sweetener of pleasure."
(Patrick McGoohan's "The Prisoner")

Pamela

WELCOME!

Post by Pamela » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi trisham!

Welcome! I agree about the balanced and healthy approach to food on the No S plan. It gives a great foundation for us to tackle the bigger issues we might have with food. No S makes perfect sense -- the question becomes why can it be so darn challenging to stick to it sometimes ... find the answer to that and you start to get to the heart of things.

Sounds like you're off to a good start -- keep it up!
Hopeful and grateful,
Pamela

trisham

Post by trisham » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks for your encouragement and support. I hope all is going well for you both 8)
Trisha

Bushranger

Post by Bushranger » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 am

Welcome to the forum Trisham. I'm sure you'll do great on No S and enjoy all the support and information at hand here. It's a very friendly place to be.