telltalemikey's daily....

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

telltalemikey

telltalemikey's daily....

Post by telltalemikey » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:16 am

day numero uno. success. it was hard. the first time i'v ever had to go without a dessert of some kind. i did get some hot tea, just plain. helped me calm down a bit. hoping i can make this work for me. nighty nite.
Last edited by telltalemikey on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
AMOR VINCIT OMNIA....LOVE CONQUERS ALL
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:25 am

day 2 success! like i posted in other forum, the weirdest thing happened. i was not hungry at lunch. so i didn't eat. i did have a latte. now at dinner i was hungry but not starving like i would expect. very odd.........
Last edited by telltalemikey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:27 am

day 3 success! i could def. get use to saying that! i was pretty hungry and kinda grouchy today. i tried the beverage thing but my calorie counting mind couldn't help thinking of the drink as a snack, so i resorted to diet soda, water, and gum to get me through. tomorrow- the first s day. we'll see how i handle it:)
Last edited by telltalemikey on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:56 pm

day 4 & 5 - S-DAYS, success. so the first s days. hmmm... well, i didn't do as bad as i could have- but i'm still frustrated that i was only eating because 'i could'. for some reason i felt like i should indulge, when all i really wanted to do was eat well. i guess it was a lesson learned. i feel better when i eat right, a snack/sweet on s days are okay, but know your limit.
Last edited by telltalemikey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 am

day 6- failure. ouch writing those words are not nice:( but i know where i went wrong and it's okay. lessoned learned.
Last edited by telltalemikey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 am

day 7- success. i was soooooo hungry today. i did need to curb my hunger with a diet hot cocoa. but i'm pretty happy with how the day went. i'm feeling tired during the day without snacks???
Last edited by telltalemikey on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

la_loser

try H2Orange to stave off hunger

Post by la_loser » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:20 am

I love your little note about "life" :D

Look at my topic posted last week:
H2Orange: A Strategy to Avoid Snacks

It works really well for me; you can get any flavor of Crystal Light that you like to use with the orange juice. . . I use the Kroger/Dillon's/Baker store brand or sometimes the Wal-mart or Target brand. I use the Peach Tea, Orange, Lemonade, Limeade and Grape flavors mostly. It's funny that the small amount of OJ gives me just a little boost. I know that fruit juices are allowed anyway but these taste a little better I think.

You could even just add it to a water bottle. 1 oz OJ to every 7 oz. water or other drink.

Good luck!

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:07 am

thanks! i tried it today and liked it. i will post a reply on your message.
day 8- success!
Last edited by telltalemikey on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:49 am

day 9- success! and boy am i looking forward to the weekend. this time i am going to have a little more structure though. my first weekend on no s kinda left me feeling sick. i took it as a lessoned learned. i have a couple things i've been craving. i will enjoy them and eat balanced the rest of the time. well- gotta make it through tomorrow first, ha:) i'm feeling good about this and with time i think i can conquer my eating issues. yay
Last edited by telltalemikey on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:48 pm

telltalemikey,

your plan for the weekend sounds good, just remember to ENJOY whatever it is you eat, before I start I always ask myself, "how can I really ENJOY this?" it kind of puts me in the right mind set,

Have a great weekend,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:41 am

day 10- success! feel great!

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:45 am

day 11- success. of course:)) better than last weekend, but still got some refining to do. i didn't binge out- but i did eat a little more than i enjoyed. i'll remember that 2morrow.
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY