up for the challenge

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

sophie15

up for the challenge

Post by sophie15 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:54 pm

hi everyone, ive started the 21 day challenge today.Ive been lurking on the site for a while now and reading your posts.I must say i am feeling ready for the challenge and hope i can be as succesful as you all

jbgnos

Post by jbgnos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:39 am

Welcome to the challenge and discussions! Have you had success with No-S so far? Are you brand new? Glad to have you here

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:13 am

Hi Jessiebooboo-
Looking forward to following your progress in these first 21 days.
Here's to all of us who are developing new habits and redeveloping former good ones!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

sophie15

Post by sophie15 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 am

jbgnos wrote:Welcome to the challenge and discussions! Have you had success with No-S so far? Are you brand new? Glad to have you here
I started the plan 3 weeks ago and i must say my green days are all green but inreally struggle with food binges at the werkend.my mind and willpower is all over the place from years off following diets and i seem to find the idea of not following the no s rules at the weekend difficult.Thats why i have started a check in on here ,i think the more involved i get with all you members the better it will be.

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 am

Jessiebooboo wrote:...really struggle with food binges at the weekend.
I know it's only Wednesday, but one thing that helps with the binges is to plan a few really nice edible things for the weekend... like a special meal that you might love to have seconds of, and another thing that might be a special sweet snack or dessert. There's nothing that says that's ALL you can have as far as S day treats, but it would be something to plan and look forward to, and just might turn out to be enough! (Maybe don't buy up the dessert or whatever until closer to the weekend, though, to keep it out of harm's way, so to speak.)
Also keeping to a basic 3 meal structure can help, with a discreet snack or two, but not all day grazing.
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

eschano

Post by eschano » Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 am

Hi Sophie, I hope it's all going well!?
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021