holy moly

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

NoSnacker

holy moly

Post by NoSnacker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm back, I had an urge to start using the habitcal again. I truly have been struggling (hence my absence), but not dieting..can't do it. But seeing Roxy's testimony and how well my friend LouAnne is doing, I'm inspired to try again.

I miss all of you...here's to my 3rd official attempt.

deb

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 am

Best of luck!
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Some prodigal sons become our best successes! I look forward to your testimonial a year from now.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm

As do I. I have taken breaks and always miss the great people here and the accountability that posting here affords me. Welcome back and good luck !
Berry