Ok here I go

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Florencegirl

Ok here I go

Post by Florencegirl » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:42 am

Well I have tried them all, low carb low fat, no carb, no sugar (sugar makes me want to eat a truck load), calorie restriction. I mean I am getting tired just listing all the different FAILED diets I have tried so this one is the last. Actually I am not calling this a diet this is just the way that I am going to eat. No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, and No sense in not living like this. I don't need luck but I do need to get a grip and realise that food is fuel not something that gives hugs and happiness, I don't binge on water which is just as neccessary as food, which just reminded me to take a swig from my water bottle. Okey dokey let this life freeing journey begin Day one 05.09.2011.

So far I have had the following
B= 2 slices of rye toast with hummus and tomato Yummy
L= Turkish roll with a slice of cheese, small tin of putenesca tuna, spanish onion and tomato
D= I am thinking roast veggies with pasta - delicious and will yeild left overs for lunch tomorrow.

I will get back tomorrow and let you all know how I went....21 days to form a habit - pity I seem to have so easily formed bad ones in the past!

Love love
It is only food, there is plenty of it you just have to wait for a couple of hours until you can have your next meal, seriously waiting is not going to kill you but binging will!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:13 am

I'm new here since June, but welcome back to you!

I can't think of another diet if my life depended on it...this is the only way it will work for me...

Hence my screen name..I can't snack or I end up binging..but I certainly make sure I eat enough at my 3 squares..

I'm still struggling with S days, but as I understand those will get better over time..I'm in no hurry anymore...not worth the hard effort to stick to diets.

Love this plan.

Deb
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Very nice to meet you. I think you'll find this a supportive community.

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Welcome!!!!!
rye toast with hummus sounds yummy.....will have to try that.
Starting weight 185
Healthy BMI 139
Willingness without action is fantasy

Florencegirl

Day 2

Post by Florencegirl » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:11 am

Thank you so much for your support snapdragon, Who Me and NoSnacker. Well I have to admit that last night didn't go to plan...must stop putting plans in place and just go with the flow. So I got home - Tick Good, Went to Gym - another Tick. WIth hubby in the shower I started making dinner, anyway long story short I started snacking on a chia roll then some corn thins and hummus, then I made us dinner - nice healthy juicy steak burger for hubby and a tuna version for myself (sans potato wedges). I then proceded to eat a bowl of blueberries, pear with greek yoghurt and oats thennnnn I put vanilla protein powder in with the rest of the yoghurt and shovelled that into my mouth hoping my hubby couldn't see. Yes I am a big food sneeker, I used to have a rule that I could only eat when there was someone around but that like all the best plans failed. After all of the sneaking and shovelling I did the usual and went to the bathroom to get rid of a good portion of what I had just gorged on. Yep that is right I am bulimic and sometimes it still gets the better of me. So now I am really more than determined with this 'structured eating plan'. I have dusted my sorry self off and am having a do over today. Actually in the grand scheme of things yesterday was not a huge disaster because I have spent entire days locked into the b&p cycle with no end in sight.
So today I have had a lovely walk with the dog, rode my bike to work and sat down to write this and eat my breakfast, so again here is the plan for today - I am granting myself the strength to conquer my night binging.
B= Oats, blueberries and greek yoghurt with a cup of rooibos tea
L= Rye toast 2 slices and putenesca tuna, chopped tomatoe and sliced spanish onion and a pear.
D= slow cooked Morrocan Lamb (just put it on before I left for work this morning) on brown rice with a dollop of greek yoghurt FIN.

I will report back tomorrow, I do believe that this is the right path for me but am a bit terrified of the S days, I might have just an S treat on the upcoming S days as I don't want to get out of control.
It is only food, there is plenty of it you just have to wait for a couple of hours until you can have your next meal, seriously waiting is not going to kill you but binging will!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:38 am

Hi I have a sister that does the same as you find yourself doing purging. Have you considered counseling? This is s tough thing to break.

My sister is also anorexic. I see her try to hide when she is a bag of bones and she is lucky so far no damage to her teeth and esphogus (spelling).

I binge and eat in private at times so my husband and others can't see me.

I just hope that you might consider getting some help..but again I'm sure you are, at least I hope you are.

My sister found deep seated issues have caused this situation in her life which I won't say here..but please please get some help I feel for you after seeing my sister go thru this..

p.s. she does see someone wonderful and is open with us now.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8