Sitting here with the next new Diet book when..

Post here if you have questions about how to use this board.
southernbrown

Sitting here with the next new Diet book when..

Post by southernbrown » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:50 am

Hi

I'm new here and it's all because of the diet book sitting on my desk. I read through the allowed foods, the banned foods and the caveman theme etc etc,. and then I just got so damn mad at myself, and frustrated because I was about to start yet ANOTHER diet that would surely fail.

Depressed and feeling like my day was wrecked, I typed in "I'm so fat" into google and came up with the No S Diet,. I thought to myself,. "hmmm... " and then I read the 3 rules of the diet,. and then I felt like a heap of dread had been removed from my day. I seriously KNOW that when I eat LESS I lose weight. But, but, but,. there will be no more excuses for gluteny in my life. I mean c'mon brain, stop punishing thyself whoeth be given me in chance.. or something like that.

I stood in the mirror and looked straight into my own eyes and reemed myself out for the nonsense and the crap things I've been doing to my body, this body that was given to me by my beautiful mother and my not so beautiful father,. but still..

So this is it, I hope. I just have to eat 3 meals per day without snacking, no vanilla slices and no seconds. Simple. I hope. So thank you for starting this forum and for shaking some sense into me. And by the way, have you ever noticed that when you look into your own eyes (in the mirror),. when you try to look away, the eyes in the mirror are still looking right at you?

Glad to be here.

southernbrown x

la_loser

Welcome to No S!

Post by la_loser » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:33 am

SOUTHERN BROWN. . .Welcome to No S!

Although I've only been doing this "thingy" as one member calls it (rather an a diet!) for a short while, I can tell you that it can change your relationship with food and that four letter word. D I E T (Notice the first three letters. . . hmmm. )

As you have time, be sure to wander around a lot of the various threads on this board. See the one about S.A.D. Diets. Reinhard, the author, calls all those things we've been on before "Substance Accounting Diet" where you have COUNT stuff- calories, points, carbs, etc. "Resting52" noted that those words might stand for S.A.D.--and that those diets can surely make us SAD!

Later I pointed out that our celebration of the 4th of July was for me this year a real declaration of independence . . . from all that counting and everything that goes with "being on a DIET."

The concept of No S is truly so simple and sustainable and sensible. Stay tuned -- there is a lot of support out there when you need it.

And I love your observation about who's looking at you in the mirror. Excellent!

LA LOSER

southernbrown

Post by southernbrown » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 am

Hi La Loser!

Thank you for taking the time to "show me around". :)

As soon as I plan to go on another diet, I start eating everything I will be deprived of for the "rest of my life". That's how diets work, they restrict us and deny us, control us and deprive us,. and we humans don't work well under those conditions.

I was about to make a grocery list for the Paleo Diet when I just KNEW I was making ANOTHER mistake and I just KNEW I wouldn't stay on it. So feeling like a failure, I typed, "I'm SO fat" into google and came up with the No S Diet,. as soon as I saw that it wasn't really a diet and that I wouldn't be deprived of any type of food, I felt a huge release come over me!

I'm not even thinking much about food today, isn't that the strangest thing? I just don't want to think about food anymore. Eating 3 meals a day is all I need to do to stay insane and I can have a bit of sweets on the weekends.

So did you try looking in the mirror? It's pretty freaky when you look away but your eyes keep looking right at you! :shock: