2 mile challenge

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
Blithe Morning

2 mile challenge

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue May 17, 2011 4:43 pm

As part of an initiative to start people biking and I imagine walking instead of driving short distances, Clif Bar has set up the 2 Mile Challenge. Log your miles May - October to earn points for the team you joing (350.org, Alliance for Walking and Biking and National Safe Routes to School Partnership).

If you support one of those organizations and are urban rangering anyway, this would be a good way to get them some cash as Clif Bars will donate a chunk o' change at the end of the event.

http://2milechallenge.com/pages/about/

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu May 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks! I signed up. I actually don't care that much which team wins because all three organizations are worthy (I wish they would donate more based on the points, instead of just giving a lump sum and making the organziations compete with each other to receive it) and I think Clif Bars are overpriced junk food -- BUT I love that it will keep tabs on how many miles I rack up walking and biking! I also like that they are not loading the challenge site with gratuitous plugs for their products.

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 am

Go, Thalia, go!

Today is ride your bike to work day.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Fri May 20, 2011 6:09 pm

It's Ride Your Bike to School Day here -- and I did ride to school with my daughter, before work.