First Urban Rangering of 2009

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
thomer

First Urban Rangering of 2009

Post by thomer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:38 pm

I drove to the library yesterday with my parents and son. I needed to go to a store a couple blocks away and roped them all into walking with me :D It was only .2 miles, but it was also 20 degrees (but sunny) and it was so refreshing and nice. My son really needed some outside time and my parents both said how nice it was to get some exercise and be in the sunshine.

It's forcasted to drop below 0 again this weekend, so I'm really glad we took the opportunity to just walk those few blocks.

:)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:00 pm

That's great you got outside for a walk! I did a little bit myself yesterday, tho only to and from the stores at a little strip mall.. but something is better than nothing!
I'm really looking forward to Spring because I miss the nice long walks and I am just not really into staying out in the cold for more than five or ten mins at a time when it's really chilly.
Keep it up!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Hey Thomer! Your post inspired me, and I just had my first UR session for 2009 too! Was so nice here and tomorrow is supposed to be cold again, so I took advantage of the good weather.
Wow, I was so out of shape, but it felt good to move again! I can't believe how detrimental it is to just sit on yer butt for months at a time.
Glad to start moving again!!
Have a great weekend! :D
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness