Do you listen to music?

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
Echo

Do you listen to music?

Post by Echo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:49 pm

I saw that Jan-Tz posted listening to weird al (he rocks we have TONS of his songs and the kids love it too) do other people listen to music and if so does it change often or do people find favorites. Once before this (couple years ago) I noticed that what I listened to on walks severly effected my pace so I was curious what other people listen to or notice about this. Or if you don't listen and there is a reason for it. Currently I don't listen because my 5 & 6 year old are with me and I would rather engage in converstion and awnser a few of the billion questions that a walk seems to bring forth, otherwise we usually end up practicing something like a spanish song or skip counting. (If the conversations go the right way it enhances our homeschooling)
I have nothing of wit to say at the moment, but most people don't mind so much.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:23 am

Hey Echo!!!
I lived pretty near you back in the early nineties!
So beautiful out there!

If I'm alone, I love listening to music when I do any exercise, but certainly that would be quite antisocial with your kids there too!
Good for you on going walking with them!!!!
You are going to raise a family of Rangers!
Enjoy Washington.. I have such lovely memories of that State...
That's a great place to walk! I used to go off for hours at a time when I lived in Seattle and then, especially in Bellingham... After growing up in a fairly congested place like NY, I tell you, it was like magic!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

Echo

Post by Echo » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:57 pm

Thanks Deb,

Yes anytime we take a trip somewhere else we are so happy to be back, although at times the perpetual drizzle of winter can get you down but some years are better than others. We visited New York city and some of the areas within about 45 mins of it for my husbands work, it was definatley different than here! But we enjoyed it in its own way, truthfully though didn't enjoy the walking there as much, felt like breathing car fumes always, heh spoiled I guess. I am hoping to transfer some good habits to the kids, teach them young and they will not depart....I hope.
I have nothing of wit to say at the moment, but most people don't mind so much.

Michele

Post by Michele » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:00 am

I really like my music too, I started listening to Christian artists, mostly praise and worship stuff.