Quick Intro

Urban ranger is an inspirational metaphor to get you walking. Warning: there is poetry involved. Discuss it here.
PragueSomeday

Quick Intro

Post by PragueSomeday » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:20 am

Hi Everyone,

Oh my! I landed here from the "stumptuous" site and have been reading for hours! (Not a weekend Luddite yet :oops:

Reinhard, thanks for providing such a terrific site. I appreciate everyone's posts and have been learning a lot this evening.

Jean

Kevin

Hey

Post by Kevin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:12 am

Hey, another Marylander. There aren't many of us here...
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:50 am

Hi Prague,

Hope you're still reading (and walking). Sorry for the very delayed welcome. Too many posts are slipping under my radar these days.... darn day job. I get around to them all eventually.

And hope you do make it to prague. I spent a few days there during my junior year abroad in college back in the last millenium. It's as beautiful and strange as everyone says it is, if it hasn't changed too much since then.

Reinhard

PragueSomeday

Post by PragueSomeday » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:35 am

Thanks for the welcome, Reinhard. Yes, I am still walking, though slowed down due to feeling ill last week (must be all those "unexercised" toxins leaving my being :lol: When the weather is inclement or I can't get a walk in until later at night, I work out to "walk away the pounds" DVDs - they leave me feeling rejuvenated.

You've done a great job in offering a simple and effective process that most anyone can turn into a habit - and I'm grateful. I have shared the website link with my daughter and her boyfriend and happy to report it has been an inspiration to them.

A humorous consequence of being a shovelglover: Recent concerns of neighborhood intruders prompted my landlord to caution me to keep the door locked. Upon a recent visit, you may all understand why I felt obligated to explain the reason for the 8 lb sledgehammer stationed adjacent to the door, complete with its own sweater! (And, though he didn't ask, I also felt compelled to inform him that the 1lb plastic bag of "dried green stuff" on the bookshelf was truly catnip and not some contraband.) I'm sure my dear landlord is having some doubts about this usually quiet tenant!

Thanks for the heads up on Prague. Surely that was a unique experience for you. Agreed; people I have known to visit Prague may have been varying personalities from each other, yet they all appeared to hold the same opinion of this darkly enchanting place.

Must admit you've got me curious as to what a "copenhagen" pastry is! Here I thought I'd been all around the continental bakery and find there is one more treat to discover. Is it a regional dessert?

Thanks again, Reinhard and everyone who posts their experiences. I'm learning :D
P

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 am

You mean you can actually KEEP a bag of catnip on an open shelf...?

If I did that, my Lyra-the-Wondercat would have pulled the house apart to get to it by now! :lol: I have to keep her catnip in a tightly sealed tin. Even then, she jumps up and knocks the tin off the shelf sometimes in the hope that she can bust it open to get at the 'drugs' inside.
CaroleJo