snowball fight routine?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Betty

snowball fight routine?

Post by Betty » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:57 am

I am aching all over from a 30 minute snowball fight with my kids yesterday. Didn't do a lot of running, just bending over and throwing.

Trying to think how to incorporate this into my shovelglove routine... haven't been this sore in years!

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Good for you on the fun family time !

I'm guessing that part of the "DOMS" (delayed onset muscle soreness, I believe,) is the ballistic nature of the movements involved in a snowball fight, as opposed to slow, deliberate movements that might characterize some SG routines.

IMHO, simulating the snowball fight might be achieved by some intense "shadow boxing" rounds mixed in or before your SG routine and/or on non SG days. (eg; have an "imaginary" snowball fight, and see how it goes.)

All the best,

Eddie

tommi

Post by tommi » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Hold the hammerhead with both hands, keeping handle hanging down vertically, over your left shoulder, keep your knees bent.
While holding it tightly pretend to throw it away in front of you as fast as you can, stop the motion before your arms are straight.

It's a bit like Fireman, but with your hands on the hammerhead or on the handle near the head.

After X reps change side

Harder if done with one hand only, but in order to avoid smashing things/animals/loved ones in front of you i'd suggest starting with both hands :)
we do what we want because we can

lindalou

Post by lindalou » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi I am new So could you tell me what shovelglove routine is?

KC 7707

Post by KC 7707 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:59 pm

lindalou wrote:Hi I am new So could you tell me what shovelglove routine is?

Look here http://www.shovelglove.com/