How do you know when you are "too into" SG ? : - )

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Cayenne

How do you know when you are "too into" SG ? : - )

Post by Cayenne » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:11 pm

I cut open a tennis ball, the way folks do to place over the "foot" of a walker, and placed it over the handle end of my SG. For a slight "grip-variety" on certain movements.

Enjoy !

Eddie

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:26 pm

How'd you get the tennis ball to stay put??
Not to be a kill joy, but a really reliable handle, which doesn't slip around is absolutely crucial to safety here..
Have fun :)
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi Deb,

I'm with you, safety first, absolutely !

I slit the ball with a razor blade and wedge the handle in. It stays put. Whenever I am gripping the ball, ( which simply adds a "grip variety" in terms of shape and texture, ) my other hand is on the handle

I feel it is completely safe, provided of course that one works using common sense.

All the best,

Eddie

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:12 pm

Huh.... I'd love to see this in action, because I'm having a hard time imagining it.

Do be careful!

Reinhard

Cayenne

Post by Cayenne » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:43 pm

Please check this out:

http://www.workarounds.com/2006/07/tenn ... -feet.html

Now, think of the un-weighted end of the ShovelGlove as having the tennis ball on it instead of the walker leg. Make sense ?

It's not that big a deal to have the ball on or not, but I like it.

All the best,

Eddie

branmac

Post by branmac » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:30 am

As a suggestion, get yourself a can of the expandable spray foam insulation from your local hardware store. Spray the foam into the tennis ball once it is in place and wrap some tape around wher it joins the handle. It will expand and fill the tennis ball and then harden. Once it hardness you would need a sledge hammer to get it off. :)