anyone know a natural way of relieving inflammation?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Natasha

anyone know a natural way of relieving inflammation?

Post by Natasha » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:11 pm

This is sad I know, but I can't afford to refill my prescription for relefin for my knee. I was wondering what else I can do to help decrease my swelling. Tylenol I had tried, but it didn't seem to help. Or maybe I need to take more of it? I'm 115 lbs. at 5 feet, so I usually take just 1. Oh anyway, I was trying to find a natural way to do this, but I couldn't think of one thing that helps for that! I was going to start taking condriton/glucosamine, but my ortho doc was telling me that wouldn't help until my knee is better. Anyone else take that with injuries and has it helped?

phayze

Post by phayze » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:16 pm

I've had good with using topical muscle-rubs for swelling and joint pain - particularly Thera-gesic brand. Basically, it encourages endorphins at the site and promotes healing by convincing your body you're on fire . . . or at least that's how my message therapists (also my Dad) puts it.

Did wonders for a thumb injury I had once. I'd also recommend ibuprofen over Tylenol, but that's just because Tylenol has never done anything for me.
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words