is it ok to get through 2 sets before the timer is up?

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Natasha

is it ok to get through 2 sets before the timer is up?

Post by Natasha » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:47 am

This is my first week, so I have been surprised that I can get through all the moves twice and still have about 2-3 minutes left over. I've been trying to keep moving doing ANYTHING until the 14 minutes is up though. Should I just be slowing down my moves, or is this normal in the beginning?

phayze

Post by phayze » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:06 pm

No! No it's not okay! :p

Seriously though, I had that at first too. If you're comfortable with your pace then just try adding a few more reps to each set, or tack some squats or pushups on the end to mix things up.

The important things is to just keep moving, I think.
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi Natasha,

Just pick your favorite move and start a third round. Or experiment with new moves. The number of reps aren't that important. It's great if you can get through two whole sets with some time left to spare.

Reinhard