My new moves

Take a sledgehammer and wrap an old sweater around it. This is your "shovelglove." Every week day morning, set a timer for 14 minutes. Use the shovelglove to perform shoveling, butter churning, and wood chopping motions until the timer goes off. Stop. Rest on weekends and holidays. Baffled? Intrigued? Charmed? Discuss here.
Alexander

My new moves

Post by Alexander » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:44 am

Just wanted to get a few of my invented favorites written down. There are more...

"Sledgehammer Punch": Hold the 'hammer out horizontally in front of you with your arms extended. One hand near the end, the other near the head. Now, with the hand near the head, repeat a vigorous punching motion.

"Figure Eights": With the same starting position as the previous, rotate one of your hands in a forward circle and the other hand in a backward circle.

"Pump the Bellows": Again, the same starting position. Keep your elbows locked straight, then lower the 'hammer until it's touching or almost touching your thighs. Now raise it up in front of you again, all while keeping your arms straight.

phayze

Post by phayze » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:19 pm

Nice onces! Your figure-8s are a bit like the rowing motions that I was doing for a while - killer on the deltoids!

come to think, all of those sounds like delt-killers . . . ;)
1 Picture = 1,000 words
0:01s Video = 30 pictures
therefore, 0:01s Video = 30,000 words

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:58 am

These sound excellent, Alexander. Pump the bellows is a great name, too. I will try to remember them for my routine of 10s (or 14s) this Friday.

Reinhard