Giving in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Giving in

Post by xJocelynx87 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:00 pm

I have finally decided to succumb to No-S, and accept that I am no longer able to control my eating by other means (skipping meals, eating dessert instead of meals, gorging one day and starving the next, weighing obsessively, etc.) I am done with all of it. I no longer want to bargain with myself over what is okay to have and what isn't, count calories, spend hours researching the best ways to lose weight, intermittent fasting techniques, or anything else revolving dieting and weight loss. It has taken over my life for too long, and my weight is slowly creeping up.

I am here to commit that tomorrow, 4/3/13, will be my first day back on Vanilla No-S; no mods, no tweaks, NO EXCUSES. I will also exercise for 20-30 minutes every N-Day and weigh myself once per week on Saturday mornings. I plan on starting a daily check-in thread where I will record my progress each day. When I am tempted to cheat, I will come here, ask for help, read the boards, and live my life in between each of my three meals. I know that No-S is the only way for me to stop the obsession. I want a life different than the one I've been living, I deserve better, and I know that No-S will get me there.
Jocelyn

KL

Re: Giving in

Post by KL » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:52 am

xJocelynx87 wrote: I know that No-S is the only way for me to stop the obsession. I want a life different than the one I've been living, I deserve better, and I know that No-S will get me there.
Excellent :!: Come here for support :mrgreen:
"Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial...I will not be mastered by anything." 1 Cor 6:12

Eeyore

Post by Eeyore » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 am

I am in total agreeance with you. I've gotten to a point where counting points, calories, restricting certain food groups, and starvation are exhausting....

It's a good thing we've found NoS. Because in the end your sanity and happiness is what matters.

MJ7910

Post by MJ7910 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

completely been there. and after doing this consistently for 2 months and realizing that weight gain will happen (and probably did, but i don't know because i haven't weighed myself since i started this), i have accepted that this is so much better! just like you all, i had a bad case of diet mentality. restricting things, binging, counting calories, overexercising to make up for bad eating, etc, etc... it was awful! and i hated myself! i thought i looked awful. i love how i have no idea what i weigh now but i don't hate food, i don't dread eating and i love and enjoy my treats on the weekends. this is really a great system. over time it does get more moderate. i realized i didn't really enjoy overeating anymore. but what i do enjoy is wonderful treats in moderation on the weekend. not all week long. and snacking can go because i don't really need it. it really is amazing if you let it work for you. first time i tried no s i couldn't do it. i started freaking out and wanting back in the world of counting things... and then i came back to this. and discovered it really can work for me if i give it a fair shot.
oh and i still exercise and do it now because i enjoy it! not because i need to burn X calories. it is so much better to enjoy it! not dread it or think about how it means you can eat more now!
and i think for me the initial weight gain was because i was confusing my body with all the starvation diets and restricting/binging. now that my body knows it will get food, i think i'll get back to whatever healthy weight i'm meant to be. and that is awesome.
Current BMI: 22.9. Height: 5'4.5"
Highest BMI: 25.5 in August 2011.
Lowest adult BMI: 20.8 in February 2012.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Welcome home.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)