Frustrated

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lilguysmama

Frustrated

Post by lilguysmama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:25 pm

I have been counting calories for over 2 months now ( except 2 weeks over Christmas) and Im so frustrated with it. Im not really losing much weight on it. I have to lose the weight I was diagnosed with high cholestrol and a infecton somewhere in my body. I have been having back issues lately too, and find out I have a couple discs starting to balg. So I have to lose the weight. Im a stay at home mom to a 4 yr old. I do stress eat, eat when I get bored and ive been doing good not eatting after 8 pm. But get cravings in the evenings. I have signs of low blood sugar.
How would this program help me lose the weight. I like to have a snack in the afternoon, to keep my blood sugar even...
Any help and info I would appreciate.
And how much exercise is recommend.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

One way this program helps is you only eat sweets on weekends, which means you should be cutting way back on carbs (unless you eat a bunch of other white carbs). As for exercise, I think any amount of regular exercise is good--especially if you're not doing it now. I think the actual recommendation is something like 60-90 minutes a day most days a week, but I know that's not always realistic, when you have young children.

Nicest of the Damned

Re: Frustrated

Post by Nicest of the Damned » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm

lilguysmama wrote:I have signs of low blood sugar.
How would this program help me lose the weight. I like to have a snack in the afternoon, to keep my blood sugar even....
Have you been diagnosed with low blood sugar by a doctor, or is this a self-diagnosis? If you haven't seen a doctor about your low blood sugar, that would be a good first step. Blood sugar control issues are not something you should be self-diagnosing or self-treating.

lilguysmama

Post by lilguysmama » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:02 pm

No I havent been diagnosed with it but my mom, sister and grandma have it and they say they are sure I do to.

I am a complice carb and sweets eatter. I can control my sweets but not having carbs is something I will not do. Control how much I can do. I do go out for walks 2miles when my husband is home (3 days a wee) and do what I can when he isnt. So i can do the exercise.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 am

I love No S, but I'm not sure you can follow Vanilla. If you are in such dire straits, I believe you should ask for a nutritional consult and follow the recommendations. If you can do that on three meals a day, wonderful. I'm not sure you can allow yourself free rein on weekends. You just have too much at stake. I'm on your side and think the principles and commitment to kind discipline will be very helpful.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)