Paula Deen

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

~reneew

Paula Deen

Post by ~reneew » Tue May 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Paula Deen says in an interview that she lost 30 pounds eating what she likes but in moderation and allowing one day a week to eat whatever she wants. Hmmm... sounds familiar.
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

sarahkay

Post by sarahkay » Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm

I love it! I love her! AH! :) this is great I'm so glad you guys are here to pick me up when I fall! which is frequently! :P

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Wed May 30, 2012 1:58 pm

I saw Michelle Obama on The View yesterday and apparently the first family follows something like No-S. At least they reserve treats for weekends.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Over43

Post by Over43 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm not a Paula Deen fan, but good for her. I have wondered how some of the Food and Travel Channel People stay somewhat slender. Giada De Laurentiis is absolutely tiny (and Lovely), Anthony Bourdain gained a bit after he quit smoking, but he looks like he has slimmed down, even Andrew Zimmern is looking more svelt.

Now Adam Richman needs to start eating three meals a day...or maybe just one huge one.

On a side note Anthony Bourdain and Adam Richman both film for the travel channel. Adam Richman's dad, Alan Richman is the food columnist for GQ. Anthony and Alan have traded barbs over the years, which contain words that start with F. I wonder how Adam Richman feels sitting in a corporate planning meeting next to a guy who has called his dad a b@$tard?

Just a though.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79