Audrey Hepburn's almost-No S eating habits

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Sinnie

Audrey Hepburn's almost-No S eating habits

Post by Sinnie » Thu May 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I am reading the book "What Would Audrey Do" by Pamela Keogh and had to share this:

"Audrey ate well. Like many of our European friends, she did not graze or eat between meals, but sat down and ate proper meals (china, silverware) at the table."

"I am not a snacker" she said in a 1992 interview "but I eat awfully well at meals, and all the things I like".

"You would never see Audrey at the food court in a sweatsuit with lettering on her backside, munching on a Cinnabon."

"For the record, Audrey loved to eat. But for the most part - lets be honest here - she ate healthfully,and wasn't gorging on big macs and superszied soft drinks".

She said "Im one of those lucky ones. I seem to have a sort of built in leveler. Ive a tremendously good appetite - I eat everything, everything, but as soon as I'm satisfied, a little hatch closes and I stop."

She often had a square or two of dark baking chocolate in the afternoon.

lbb (Liz)

Post by lbb (Liz) » Fri May 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Love this! Thanks for sharing!
Liz

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm pretty sure she was an ectomorph. Though some are famous for grazing, many are meal-eaters. There is a bit of luck involved.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Fri May 18, 2012 4:56 pm

It sounds like she ate very much like the French eat.

I'm generally not a fan of dark chocolate. I bought some by mistake and found that a square or two after meals, especially dinner, satisfied me in a way that nothing else, not even "desserts", does. I don't always have it around, but when I do, I have some after dinner.

There's a chocolatier at the farmer's market who gives tastes of the chocolate tablets she uses in making her candies. Those are so good they satisfy cravings with just a tiny amount.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:43 pm

I've found dark chocolate just makes me wish I had some milk chocolate. And wish that I liked dark instead. C'est la vie.

I still say there's some luck in being a person who never liked being really full. To some degree, I've become like that, but it has taken a lot of false starts, and it's hard to imagine being satisfied with the amount of food that would get me as thin as Audrey. Thankfully, it's rather a moot point for me now.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)