Wonderful Meal

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

wosnes

Wonderful Meal

Post by wosnes » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Some of Indy's downtown restaurants are currently participating in Devour Downtown to showcase the restaurants and get people who might not go downtown for a meal to go downtown for a meal. Each restaurant has special meals for this event all at the same price.

Last night my daughter and I went to St. Elmo's. We picked St. Elmo's because neither of us had been there and it's one of those places everyone should go to once. She's moving to Boston in just over two weeks, it was our last chance to go out together for a nice meal before she leaves.

The food was outstanding. If it wasn't the best meal I've ever had, it's close to the top of the list. But the thing I noticed was the proportion -- half of the plate was vegetables with one-quarter each meat and potatoes. I'm sure the portions were smaller than if we'd ordered off the regular menu, but they were just right.

It definitely ruined me for other steak houses!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Naebird

Post by Naebird » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Wow, really? I will have to stop by there next time I am in Indy. Thanks for the recommendation. :D
SW - 220 (started July 21, 2011)
CW - 208.4
GW - 165ish

5'11, 35 year old, girly girl

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

Naebird- Getting healthier everyday!!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Naebird wrote:Wow, really? I will have to stop by there next time I am in Indy. Thanks for the recommendation. :D
It's very pricey, but it's worth it.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

How wonderful! Over size portions completely ruin dining out. Sat. night Mr. Morning and I have reservations at a slow food place on our weekend away http://www.cornexchange.com/

I have already picked out my entree.

I hope I'm not becoming a food snob. I do confess to becoming more particular, especially with regard to mass produced food. But really, a good meal is a wonderful thing.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Blithe Morning wrote:How wonderful! Over size portions completely ruin dining out. Sat. night Mr. Morning and I have reservations at a slow food place on our weekend away http://www.cornexchange.com/

I have already picked out my entree.

I hope I'm not becoming a food snob. I do confess to becoming more particular, especially with regard to mass produced food. But really, a good meal is a wonderful thing.
The Corn Exchange sounds interesting.

I don't know that I'm becoming a food snob, but I'd much rather pay a lot for a really good meal with high quality food than have 5 that feature poor quality food.

On the subject of portion sizes: Eating too Much in a Restaurant? Complain to the Chef