What have you walked away from recently?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

determined

What have you walked away from recently?

Post by determined » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:27 pm

My hubbie & I took our daughter & dog to the farmer's market today. It's a gorgeous day out there & it was wonderful to be outside walking around. Hubbie & daughter stopped for ice cream (which I LOVE), and even though it's Saturday, I just didn't feel like getting any. WHAT???? Are you KIDDING? I wasn't saying "no thanks" because I felt as if I shouldn't have any....'cause I do typically enjoy ice cream on the weekends. But I just realized I really didn't want any. I find this amazing...absolutely amazing.

So what have you walked away from recently?

Determined
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day."
Winnie the Pooh

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Ice cream here too. I over did it last night and today ice cream is not appetizing at all.

SkyKitty

Post by SkyKitty » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:41 am

Crisps for me yesterday. I could theoretically have them as part of a meal on N days but they are such a trigger food I only have them on S days. I bought a pack yesterday to have with my lunch but then decided I didn't need them, they then sat in my bag, right next to the sofa all evening and I knew they were there and I didn't touch them. I'll probably have them today but pre No-S they wouldn't have lasted 60 seconds.
When nothing goes right...go left.

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 am

Sorry, I wish I could say I did the same yesterday.

Oh ya, I had potato perioges which are one of my favorites...had 2 left and thought of eating them and passed on them...only to binge on a box of the new fiber one brownies...danger they are so good, don't try them if some foods are triggers...I should know better...

I'm just so grateful for my weekdays and no binging.

Hence my new screen name NoSnacker, if I don't snack I don't binge..that is all there is to it...not sure if I'll ever be able to snack.
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 pm

NoSnacker wrote: if I don't snack I don't binge..that is all there is to it...
Image Congratulations on gaining additional insight.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:53 am

I skipped seconds yesterday at a family reunion. Which totally included more deserts, because since I totally trust myself with sweets. I have them with or as firsts any time I want. And it was even a Saturday, where seconds are even allowed!

There was a bunch of other desserts which also looked good, but I didn't feel the want and I totally, painlessly, walked away from them.

Andie

Post by Andie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:27 pm

What wonderful successes everyone! I declined dessert at two dinners last week! One was with family, the other was with friends. I kind of did want a little both times, but because I'm really trying to have all green N days I refrained. Guess what? No one really cared! I was amazed. I just said, no thanks, and that was that. Everyone else just enjoyed their dessert and couldn't care less weather I was eating or not. It really was a revelation. Then, yesterday (sunday, an s day) my family was having frozen yogurt and asked if I wanted any. I really didn't because I was very full from dinner, so I said no. Again, no one cared, and I think that's the first time I have EVER declined a treat on an S day. It's amazing!
This way of eating and thinking really is starting to change my relationship with food the way nothing else ever has.
Back after a long hiatus.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:53 pm

NoSnacker: Hey...can I be NoSnacker2? Cuz I have the same exact problem. I only binge IF and WHEN I am snacking. Thanks. Great insight!

Determined:
I wish I could say I've walked away from something.....but lately I've been walking toward EVERYTHING unfortunately. This is a learning process right now for sure!

Clarica

Post by Clarica » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:55 pm

My latest revelation with No S is that all I get is meals. There are no snacks. There are no seconds. There are sweets, but I am totally not worrying about them in my journey.

There is only meals.

BUT. I still will eat a single chocolate and stop. Which I worked HARD to be able to do. But I am not ready yet to acknowledge this as a snack and a failure. Or as a meal. of which I can have as many as I want, but have only chosen 3, and not 3 or occasionally 4.

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Two dozen donuts at work on Tuesday.

Beer and tequila after work on Monday.

Gosh, I said, no thank you. Besides, I can't drink and drive. Not possible, for me!

NoSnacker

Post by NoSnacker » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:07 am

K, so this week there was a box of chocolate a co-worker brought back from her vacation in Hawaii...sat it right where I walk by it 100 times in a day, okay maybe not a 100, but seeing it even a few times feels like a 100 times..

Anyhow, I decided to take a piece or two for the weekend if it was still there when I was back in the office on Friday...

Well when I went to open the box wouldn't ya know it, only one piece left so I took it and place in a baggie for this weekend.

Let me tell you the temptation struggle between a piece of chocolate or another red day was a battle...but I thought, I do NOT want a red day for one piece of chocolate.

See if I would have had it, I would have ended up blowing the day, because I screwed up...I can't snack, not even one piece of anything..I have learned this the hard way, I just can't snack..

AND it will always be there for the weekend when I won't feel so badly and it won't count as red.

All this over 1 piece of chocolate!
Age 56: SBMI=30.6 (12/1/13) CBMI 28.9 (2/2/14) GBMI-24.8